Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Well she did it.

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Well she did it.

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:43 pm

My daughter walked in the spring commencement but had to take one course in the 1st summer session. She just sent a text that she passed the course and is now 100% done with her degree. :D

That was a quick 4 years. :(
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

MAD Doctor

Re: Well she did it.

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:55 pm

Congratulations to the new alum and parents.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:33 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:55 pm
Congratulations to the new alum and parents.

What he said! Image
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:55 pm

I think I first posted about her just before her senior year in high school asking for advice on how to deal with admissions. She ended up graduating with honors I just found out but she did not present herself with a great SAT (she is a hard worker) and got some advice from this board. And to be honest I was not sure how the process was going to play out for her getting admitted. I know the SAT means a lot at App but there is room to be a great student without great SAT/ACT numbers.

I remember getting the mail the day the admissions packet arrived. It was big and fat so I knew what that meant even without opening it up. Lucky she was home herself and opened it up right then with the great news.

Just by chance we met Chancellor Everts moving into her dorm. Everts was doing a walking handshake tour and dropped in at my daughters room while mom, dad and daughter were in the room. I think we were the first dual legacy parent Everts saw that day.

I was not expecting her to go so nuts over App football. When she was younger she would not usually go to games with me unless mom was along, while her younger sisters often did attend App games a bit more. (She honestly thought I was going to have a heart attack and die after the Michigan game.) But by her sophomore year she was staying for the entire game even when all her friends were leaving early as if the case with many of the college students. She was one of the few left to see Cox get his rushing record her junior year. She was freezing but not going to leave the game early. I knew at that point she was hooked.

She seems to have found another App student that I expect will lead to a long term relationship. And his mom is also an App alumnus. If they have kids then both parents and 3/4 of the grandparents will be App alums.

And she has a job ready to go in Caldwell County when the school year starts and though there was not a lot to choose from we found her a place to live that is nice and affordable for a few years. She lives close enough to Boone that she plans to be at every home football game and basketball and baseball and I got the birthday package for the UNCC game so we have that game as well.

I paid for her student YC membership and she plans to join the YC club herself soon. She has a ton of dept to pay off so she may not give much but it will be something more than zero.

Thanks for letting me share a few memories. I had a big smile on my face while I was typing this. I guess I have milked all the "thanks" responses as I can after 5 years or so going back to high school.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

bh2oson

Unread post by bh2oson » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:05 pm

Congratulations. Good story to read.
bh2oson aka Bill Waterson

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”