Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Florence warrants the High Countries Attention

WXAPP
School: Appalachian State

Florence warrants the High Countries Attention

Unread post by WXAPP » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:54 pm

For my High Country friends, don't pooh-pooh Florence. Data and forecast track suggest a real problem "might" unfold for the High Country region late in the weekend and Saturday; for that matter pretty much all of NC.

Get a mental plan in place. Consider going ahead and stocking up on some non-parisable items today and Monday. Medicines for you and your pets, pet food, non-electric can opener etc. Ask yourself, "How would I get buy if we lost power and roads were affected for a few days?".

Always good to have cash on hand as well. Should power go, ATMS and card check out scanners, won't work.

Just wanted to post, to raise some awareness up there. You can find me on Spectrum News if you have cable. A busy week ahead.

University folks should be reviewing plans for student / faculty and staff safety. Should that button need to be pushed later in the week.

As of this post, Sunday, 2:45 PM. Nothing is yet a lock regarding the exact track of the storm. Ever hopeful the Atlantic High will weaken and allow Florence to scoot along the coast. But, for now, that doesn't appear likely.

So, please stay aware of forecast tracks, and any preparation the local EMA folks may disseminate.

-WXAPP
Twitter: @wxcrum

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”