Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Picking up the pace: Housing, end zone, 105, Sanford among major campus projects

School: Appalachian State

Picking up the pace: Housing, end zone, 105, Sanford among major campus projects

Unread post by 8993 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:28 pm

This article was just published in the Watauga Democrat. I thought you all would find it to be an interesting and informative read: The Watauga Democrat - Picking up the pace: Housing, end zone, 105, Sanford among major campus projects

StorminASU

Re: Picking up the pace: Housing, end zone, 105, Sanford among major campus projects

Unread post by StorminASU » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:56 pm

Wow, that design is much better than the initial, placeholder rendering, though I'm not crazy about the huge columns with "globes" on top. This campus will look so nice and impressive in a few short years. I'll have to relearn my way around!

DaphneUrquhart

Re: Picking up the pace: Housing, end zone, 105, Sanford among major campus projects

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:12 pm

This is good stuff! Our ability to attract top-tier students, be they student-athletes or not, will be improved by our new facilities. Next year will be a bit of a headache with parking and such. I'll happily endure a little headache for the sake of what will be a much more attractive University. It's the right time for our dorms and other facilities to catch up with our academics and athletics.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:29 pm

StorminASU wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:56 pm
Wow, that design is much better than the initial, placeholder rendering, though I'm not crazy about the huge columns with "globes" on top. This campus will look so nice and impressive in a few short years. I'll have to relearn my way around!
I'm sure it has already changed 10 times since that rendering was created.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:34 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:12 pm
This is good stuff! Our ability to attract top-tier students, be they student-athletes or not, will be improved by our new facilities. Next year will be a bit of a headache with parking and such. I'll happily endure a little headache for the sake of what will be a much more attractive University. It's the right time for our dorms and other facilities to catch up with our academics and athletics.
Excellent post. These amenities are long, long overdue. Our dorms, in particular, have been obstacles (perhaps even deal-breakers) in recruiting high-performing academic students in about every academic department. I look forward to a time in the not-too-distant future when the percentage of high-performers listing App as their first choice (rather than second or third) skyrockets.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Is the new athletic build in final design stage?

Why can't it look exactly like the Appalachian Athletic Center. That is a pretty good looking building. Why does this drawing have odd new design elements of the weird columns with spheres on top? Why not build a normal entrance like the entrance to the AAC?

Why can't architects make things match?

https://goo.gl/images/nkVTek

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”