Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Recent student related post / SCOTUS hearings

Oldlknapp
School: Appalachian State

Recent student related post / SCOTUS hearings

Unread post by Oldlknapp » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:32 am

Recent post on this board refer to “unbecoming” behavior by students in both word and actions. Today we live in a world where everything is recorded forever.

We have just watched a persons 30 + year body of work be dismissed because of verbal allegations of what happened at a high school party and certain wording in a school yearbook.

Some of the afore mentioned students are going to want to be school teachers and administrators; town managers; etc. They need to know that one short video taken during these college days could distroy all their hopes and ambitions for the rest of their lives.

App91

Re: Recent student related post / SCOTUS hearings

Unread post by App91 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:36 am

Oldlknapp wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:32 am
Recent post on this board refer to “unbecoming” behavior by students in both word and actions. Today we live in a world where everything is recorded forever.

We have just watched a persons 30 + year body of work be dismissed because of verbal allegations of what happened at a high school party and certain wording in a school yearbook.

Some of the afore mentioned students are going to want to be school teachers and administrators; town managers; etc. They need to know that one short video taken during these college days could distroy all their hopes and ambitions for the rest of their lives.
This is so true in the world of social media. These young folks do not really understand the footprint they leave on these social media sites. I know when hiring folks, the first place to go is to search out their social media. Whats on there is a reflection of that person, perception.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:19 pm

Of course it helps to not be an underage drinker, and try to rape someone. I generally felt that sexual assault should be held against someone, though that is me. Maybe others feel that is just boys being boys.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:16 pm

I think you have to be present to be guilty.

GoBoone

Unread post by GoBoone » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:36 pm

Got to pass on this one. It’s been a tough week though.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”