Big news coming soon?

User avatar
asu66
Posts: 25198
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 1:21 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 791 times
Been thanked: 942 times

Big news coming soon?

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:33 am

Cross your fingers. By this time next week, the "App State faithful" should be celebrating...


If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 3564
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 441 times
Been thanked: 1200 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:51 am

Well that is a tease!



Yosefus
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:50 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by Yosefus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:54 am

We have scheduled a home and home in 2026 with Mary Poppins University?



User avatar
MAD Doctor
Posts: 1383
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 556 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:31 am

Ice in cups? :lol:



appstateeyedoc
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:35 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by appstateeyedoc » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:43 am




AppSt94
Posts: 2762
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Palmetto, FL
Has thanked: 597 times
Been thanked: 506 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:44 am

Yosefus wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:54 am
We have scheduled a home and home in 2026 with Mary Poppins University?
Nope. It is 2 for 1 with Friends University of Central Kansas.



AppfaninCAALand
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:44 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Richmond, VA
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:52 am

asu66 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:33 am
Cross your fingers. By this time next week, the "App State faithful" should be celebrating...
Something other than a win in Jonesboro?



User avatar
87ASUgrad
Posts: 761
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:59 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 175 times
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:16 am

appstateeyedoc wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:43 am
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt ... story.html

anything to do with this???
I wish it could be that, but I doubt it. It would be great to finally play Virginia Tech.
That date (1Dec18) conflicts with the first annual Sunbelt Conference Football Championship game date. Hopefully being played in beautiful Boone, NC.


Give Em Hell!!

appgrad2010
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:20 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:23 am

87ASUgrad wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:16 am
appstateeyedoc wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:43 am
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt ... story.html

anything to do with this???
I wish it could be that, but I doubt it. It would be great to finally play Virginia Tech.
That date (1Dec18) conflicts with the first annual Sunbelt Conference Football Championship game date. Hopefully being played in beautiful Boone, NC.
Finally? We played them a handful of years ago.

Why post if information won't be revealed? Makes no sense. Just tell us!



User avatar
moonshine
Posts: 1531
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:25 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: High Country
Has thanked: 214 times
Been thanked: 406 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by moonshine » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:25 am

appstateeyedoc wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:43 am
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt ... story.html

anything to do with this???
I’d guess VT is looking for a home game but WVU was supposed to play at NCSU so they may be looking for an away game. Obviously it’s all moot if either program is playing for a ring but if not, DG could work his magic again and get another 30k+ sellout to help the local economy as well as App’s bottom line after losing USM. We could potentially watch our boys go up against another Heisman hopeful in Will Grier.


Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

User avatar
87ASUgrad
Posts: 761
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:59 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 175 times
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:38 am

appgrad2010 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:23 am
87ASUgrad wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:16 am
appstateeyedoc wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:43 am
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt ... story.html

anything to do with this???
I wish it could be that, but I doubt it. It would be great to finally play Virginia Tech.
That date (1Dec18) conflicts with the first annual Sunbelt Conference Football Championship game date. Hopefully being played in beautiful Boone, NC.
Finally? We played them a handful of years ago.

Why post if information won't be revealed? Makes no sense. Just tell us!
No, didn't happen. Fake News. We have never "Played" Virginia Tech.


Give Em Hell!!

User avatar
GregPercussion
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:01 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by GregPercussion » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:38 am

the excitement...



9Steelman
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:40 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by 9Steelman » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:54 am

Going to allow one unopened bottle of water to be brought into each home game per person?



User avatar
StorminASU
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:30 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by StorminASU » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:58 am

appgrad2010 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:23 am
87ASUgrad wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:16 am
appstateeyedoc wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:43 am
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt ... story.html

anything to do with this???
I wish it could be that, but I doubt it. It would be great to finally play Virginia Tech.
That date (1Dec18) conflicts with the first annual Sunbelt Conference Football Championship game date. Hopefully being played in beautiful Boone, NC.
Finally? We played them a handful of years ago.

Why post if information won't be revealed? Makes no sense. Just tell us!
This is the Mandela effect at work clearly because we've never played VT. A potential game with them would be interesting though since we've never met on the field.



User avatar
T-Dog
Posts: 4933
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 938 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:06 am

I hope we don't even bother with a Dec. 1 game. Rooting for that to happen would mean rooting for App to lose.



Stonewall
Posts: 904
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 487 times
Been thanked: 328 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:06 am

Toccoa Falls?



User avatar
87ASUgrad
Posts: 761
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:59 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 175 times
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:13 am

Stonewall wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:06 am
Toccoa Falls?
Screaming Eagles!


Give Em Hell!!

Rick83
Posts: 1135
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:00 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 592 times
Been thanked: 520 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:27 am

StorminASU wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:58 am
appgrad2010 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:23 am
87ASUgrad wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:16 am
appstateeyedoc wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:43 am
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt ... story.html

anything to do with this???
I wish it could be that, but I doubt it. It would be great to finally play Virginia Tech.
That date (1Dec18) conflicts with the first annual Sunbelt Conference Football Championship game date. Hopefully being played in beautiful Boone, NC.
Finally? We played them a handful of years ago.

Why post if information won't be revealed? Makes no sense. Just tell us!
This is the Mandela effect at work clearly because we've never played VT. A potential game with them would be interesting though since we've never met on the field.
I know right? But the myth of that VT game just won't die...resurfaces every now and then.



ComebackShack
Posts: 522
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:50 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh, NC
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by ComebackShack » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:31 am

Is anyone in the know aware of news coming down the pipe? You don’t have to say it but is there actually something to look forward to, or is this guy just blowing smoke?



bigdaddyg
Posts: 2309
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 480 times

Re: Big news coming soon?

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:41 am

Someone help me and probably a few others understand. IF we were able to get another game scheduled to fill the cancelled one, WHEN could we play it? Would we possibly “schedule “ a game contingent on being in the conference championship like NCSU and ECU did? Is it even feasible?



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 22 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests

    Most users ever online was 1551 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:31 pm

    Users browsing this forum: 97APP, HighlandsApp, saxyappy, ssbhighpoint and 18 guests