Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Appalachian Alumni Legacy Reception & Ceremony

87ASUgrad
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:19 am

Any App State Alums that have kids going there may want to attend this event on 19Oct18. I didn't know about this event, but I am looking forward to taking our son to it. We are very proud of him. Information for the event is below and the registration is through the link.

http://appstate.imodules.com/controls/e ... c52d513698

Friday, October 19, 2018
5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Reich College of Education
(RCOE Rotunda)
Remarks begin at 5:30 p.m.

The Appalachian Alumni Association and Office of Parent & Family Services would like to invite you and your family to enjoy our Appalachian Alumni Legacy Reception and Ceremony during the 2018 Family Weekend festivities. This special evening reception honors legacy families: Appalachian alumni parents and their currently enrolled Appalachian undergraduate students.

Please join us for a reception which will feature a short program, including remarks by Chancellor Sheri Everts and a special pinning ceremony honoring current Legacy Mountaineer students. Event parking is available in Belk Library parking deck, conveniently located across from the Reich College of Education (151 College St, Boone, NC 28608). Please register your family for the Alumni Legacy Reception using the button below by Tuesday, October 16, 2018.
Event attire is business casual.
Last edited by 87ASUgrad on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Give Em Hell!!

DaphneUrquhart

Re: Appalachian Alumni Legacy Reception & Ceremony

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:11 am

Congratulations, @87ASUgrad. This is a wonderful acknowledgement for both the parents and the student.

Another important thing to remember is the Alumni Memorial Scholarship that's awarded each year. This particular scholarship is for students who are legacy students and exhibit excellent scholarship, leadership, and community engagement. The awardees for this year had average SAT scores of 1490 and average QPA of 4.85!

The best part of the Alumni Memorial Scholarship is that it's funded with the App license tag revenue. If you don't have an App tag, please consider getting one the next time your renewal rolls around.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:41 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:11 am
Congratulations, @87ASUgrad. This is a wonderful acknowledgement for both the parents and the student.

Another important thing to remember is the Alumni Memorial Scholarship that's awarded each year. This particular scholarship is for students who are legacy students and exhibit excellent scholarship, leadership, and community engagement. The awardees for this year had average SAT scores of 1490 and average QPA of 4.85!

The best part of the Alumni Memorial Scholarship is that it's funded with the App license tag revenue. If you don't have an App tag, please consider getting one the next time your renewal rolls around.
Thanks Daphne. By coincidence, I just went to the tag office Monday and ordered our son one of those personalized App State license plates for his truck.

http://www.alumni.appstate.edu/s/1727/i ... 2&pgid=538
Give Em Hell!!

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:39 am

Here is a link to the order form for the App State license plate on NCDMV site. I agree with the other thread that South Carolina's tag looks better to me:

https://edmv.ncdot.gov/VehicleRegistrat ... D=24#term=
Give Em Hell!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”