Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Merry Christmas Story!

scatman77

Merry Christmas Story!

Unread post by scatman77 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:49 am

A different persective on Luke 2:1-20. Hope no one is offended but I thought I'd make things a little differnt for your Christmas merriment! I hope all of you and yours has a very Merry Christmas!

I want to tell you a story. See, long time ago there was this man and woman who were engaged to be married. There was one small problem though. She got knocked up and they weren’t officially man and wife which was a really big huge problem back in them days. The really head-scratching thing was that she wasn’t messing around; she had a dream one night and the next thing she knew she was pregnant! Miraculous, huh?

Now the rich folks who ruled that part of the world decided one day that “Hey, all you folks that we’ve put under our control? You gotta go back home and be counted.” Now you talk about a hassle! Here this woman was, all preggers and not far from dropping that baby. Her husband-to-be had to find some transportation and a donkey was all that was available at the rent-a-bovine place. That being taken care of, the two of them set off to his hometown where his momma andnem was at.

The travel was pretty good all things considered. The main road wasn’t too crowded and no one had donkey rage on the way so they were able to make good time. Once they arrived they went from one motel to another trying to find a place to settle in for the night. You know, riding a donkey when you’re nine months pregnant ain’t a big fun thing, know what I mean? They went to about three or four places and there was absolutely no place to stay. I’m not sure why. Either there were too many people there waiting to be counted or the Stones were in town; no one knows for sure. Finally the concierge at the last place they came to said “Hey…I got a barn out back, some hay, and it’s just been cleaned out. You’re welcome to stay there if you want to.” They decided that this was the best solution so there ya are.

Now I guess all the bouncing on the donkey for that long of a ride must have “set things in motion” because later that night the little lady gave birth to a fine healthy little boy! They were all very happy; the animals seemed to enjoy the whole thing, too! They named him Jesus because of something that she remembered in her dream.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night......
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

eggers76
School: Appalachian State

Re: Merry Christmas Story!

Unread post by eggers76 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:24 pm

I can hear Ole Andy telling this version to Opie.

And they called him Emanuel..........."God with us."

Merry Christmas to all my Mountaineer friends!!

Kgfish
School: Appalachian State

Re: Merry Christmas Story!

Unread post by Kgfish » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:11 am

scatman77 wrote:A different persective on Luke 2:1-20. Hope no one is offended but I thought I'd make things a little differnt for your Christmas merriment! I hope all of you and yours has a very Merry Christmas!

I want to tell you a story. See, long time ago there was this man and woman who were engaged to be married. There was one small problem though. She got knocked up and they weren’t officially man and wife which was a really big huge problem back in them days. The really head-scratching thing was that she wasn’t messing around; she had a dream one night and the next thing she knew she was pregnant! Miraculous, huh?

Now the rich folks who ruled that part of the world decided one day that “Hey, all you folks that we’ve put under our control? You gotta go back home and be counted.” Now you talk about a hassle! Here this woman was, all preggers and not far from dropping that baby. Her husband-to-be had to find some transportation and a donkey was all that was available at the rent-a-bovine place. That being taken care of, the two of them set off to his hometown where his momma andnem was at.

The travel was pretty good all things considered. The main road wasn’t too crowded and no one had donkey rage on the way so they were able to make good time. Once they arrived they went from one motel to another trying to find a place to settle in for the night. You know, riding a donkey when you’re nine months pregnant ain’t a big fun thing, know what I mean? They went to about three or four places and there was absolutely no place to stay. I’m not sure why. Either there were too many people there waiting to be counted or the Stones were in town; no one knows for sure. Finally the concierge at the last place they came to said “Hey…I got a barn out back, some hay, and it’s just been cleaned out. You’re welcome to stay there if you want to.” They decided that this was the best solution so there ya are.

Now I guess all the bouncing on the donkey for that long of a ride must have “set things in motion” because later that night the little lady gave birth to a fine healthy little boy! They were all very happy; the animals seemed to enjoy the whole thing, too! They named him Jesus because of something that she remembered in her dream.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night......
Good one Scat. Merry Christmas to all my new Mountaineer friends!
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”