Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Construction Pics

ASUchipman

Construction Pics

Unread post by ASUchipman » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:18 pm

Does anyone know if the University is planning on maybe doing a daily or weekly photo update on the field house construction? It would be cool to have a time lapse when it’s completed. Any local members that would be willing to go by and take pictures and post them? :?:

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Re: Construction Pics

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:52 pm

Why not a webcam?

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:56 pm

Webcam is a distinct possibility. Remember when they last replaced the turf?
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:21 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:56 pm
Webcam is a distinct possibility. Remember when they last replaced the turf?
I remember listing all the complaints about the turf progress on the old Delphi forum.

Demo won't start until late February.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:05 pm

But somehow the parking deck is expected to be complete by August... in Boone. I will believe it when I see it

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:35 pm

The Rock wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:05 pm
But somehow the parking deck is expected to be complete by August... in Boone. I will believe it when I see it
I would think there is a better chance that the last snow has fallen in Boone this winter than the deck being complete by August. The only way the latter has any shot is if the first comes to fruition. Even then the chances are slim. I really, really want to be wrong about that!

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:28 pm

I can try to grab some pics. Been traveling a lot. The parking deck is coming along.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:10 am

I was told my spot in Raley should be safe because the stadium parking garage would be accessible to higher donor to use.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:43 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:10 am
I was told my spot in Raley should be safe because the stadium parking garage would be accessible to higher donor to use.
Replacing stadium lot with (mostly) parking deck sucks. I’m still afraid it’s going to kill our game day atmosphere.
Nobody wants to tailgate in a parking deck, and there can’t be that many spots on top. The people who are going to park in the deck are the ones who show up 10 minutes before kickoff, and leave at the beginning of the 4th quarter.
At this point, I don’t think they know who is going where even if the deck is done, but I HIGHLY doubt the deck will be ready by then.

GastonApp09

Unread post by GastonApp09 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:19 am

The Rock wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:43 am
Replacing stadium lot with (mostly) parking deck sucks. I’m still afraid it’s going to kill our game day atmosphere.
Nobody wants to tailgate in a parking deck, and there can’t be that many spots on top. The people who are going to park in the deck are the ones who show up 10 minutes before kickoff, and leave at the beginning of the 4th quarter.
At this point, I don’t think they know who is going where even if the deck is done, but I HIGHLY doubt the deck will be ready by then.
I can't speak for everyone, but I know tailgating in Rivers Deck the last 3 years has been amazing. We can choose our spot depending on the weather, spread out in extended spaces if needed, and the party never stops. There is no way a parking deck is going to kill our "atmosphere." If it does, then we need to reevaluate ourselves as fans.
Body stuck in Gaston County...heart stuck in Boone! Go Apps!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:46 am

The Rock wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:43 am
The stadium lot will not be replaced by "mostly" parking deck when all is said and done. There will actually be more surface and top of deck spots than we have now in the stadium lot. Yes, there will be a couple of headache years. Yes, those of us who have parked in the stadium lot for years will park in Champions (to be expanded by close to 100 spots), Bowie / Eggers (also surface spots), top of the new deck (same level at Bowie / Eggers), and elsewhere. Personally, I'm looking forward to the changes and will gladly park wherever I'm put while the new face of App State game day takes shape.

#GiveYosef

appaneer1984

Unread post by appaneer1984 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:56 am

It won't ruin the game day experience, it will just be different. The way I'm looking at it is this: What better time to start a new tradition for tailgating at The Rock than now? New coaches with passion, pride, and purpose, the team is still ascending their meteoric rise with no real sign of slowing down, new buildings and facilities are being put in place to entice students and student athletes, The Rock is finally losing its belt (Track) and gaining some pretty cool new Club Level suites and integrated medical office. The leaf has been turned over and it's an exciting time for all who bleed Black & Gold!
I just come for what peace I can find | The spirit ever lingers in a song | And the mountain's gonna sing this song for me |Rock me off to sleep

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:26 am

I’m excited about the Field house renovation and the track removal, I think that will be a great addition to the stadium and help recruiting, but personally don’t see the need for the new dorms that take up majority of the lot and duck pond field.
If the building that was demo’d (frank I think)Would be replaced then renovate Gardner and Coltrane, it seems that would satisfy the housing needs and almost all the dorms would have been updated in the last 10 years or newer.

Has anyone seen the number of surface spots existing and proposed? How many spots does stadium currently have?

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:40 am

The Rock wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:26 am
I’m excited about the Field house renovation and the track removal, I think that will be a great addition to the stadium and help recruiting, but personally don’t see the need for the new dorms that take up majority of the lot and duck pond field.
If the building that was demo’d (frank I think)Would be replaced then renovate Gardner and Coltrane, it seems that would satisfy the housing needs and almost all the dorms would have been updated in the last 10 years or newer.

Has anyone seen the number of surface spots existing and proposed? How many spots does stadium currently have?
Stadium has about 585 spaces. Once everything is done, I believe we end up with 750 - 800 spots between Rivers St and the stadium.

Winkler was the dorm that was demolished. Frank and Belk have both been fully renovated. Bowie, Eggers, Justice, East, Gardner, and Coltrane cannot be renovated in any meaningful way for less than they can be replaced entirely. The new dorms and the new dorm style are absolutely essential to student recruitment and retention. The new dorms will feature 100% suite-style and apartment-style rooms and will help attract the best students. Some of those students might be athletes; most will not be. We're competing for academic excellence here. There's far more than a handful of home football games at stake.

#GiveYosef

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:56 am

In the end, the track removal is the highlight of this entire project.
The Appalachian State

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:57 am

I don't think there are many kids that are making college decisions based on the dorms, I sure know my 4 didn't. Most students live 1 and at most 2 years on campus, I seriously doubt campus dorms plays much if any into the decision making process. Heck, my oldest went to Dartmouth and the dorms are literally older than most of App's campus yet I don't seem them losing students because the living conditions on campus are less than ideal. My son's current dorm at UF is so old they don't even have elevators and he has to walk 4 flights of stairs every day, but that wouldn't stop him from being a Gator. Don't get me wrong, I fully support new dorms and think it is a great thing to have but I just don't think we are losing many students, if any at all, because the current dorms are old and out of style.

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:04 am

appstatealum wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:56 am
In the end, the track removal is the highlight of this entire project.
It's the first thing on my checklist too. I want that gone before anything else.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:36 am

Ok....someone go take a picture please?

ViewCrew87

Unread post by ViewCrew87 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:38 am

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:53 am

Have they done anything to Owens or the track yet? I thought the building was coming down the Monday after the SBC Championship game.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”