Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Food,booze and Memories

scatman77

Re: Food,booze and Memories

Unread post by scatman77 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:48 am

NoLongerLurking wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:26 pm
If we ever happen to meet I know we'd get along. Anyone who likes or references Guy Clark is a gentleman and a scholar.

...like desperados waiting on a train.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

JGthatsme86
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by JGthatsme86 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:54 am

fjblair wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:29 pm
JGthatsme86 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:00 pm
'82 (freshman): Happy hour with 5 cent drafts (yes a nickel) at Mother Fletcher''s, buckets of beer at Clyde's, bands at PB Scott's and hanging on the deck at Holly's. (Note: The drinking age was 18)
'83 (sophomore): Cheap Trick at Varsity Gym, parties at the Powderhorn shed and also at "The Barn" (on Winkler's Creek)
'84 (junior year) Antler's Drink & Drown night (Fried chicken and unlimited beer for $4), private fraternity keggers with a cover charge and Yosef Music Festival in Valle Crusis (which was wild)
'85 (senior year- Beer in Boone was passed!) Taking a 6 pack of tall boys to H'Appys (now Legends) to see bands, Geno's dance club, and lot's of house parties.
Why do I remember those day's better than what did last week?
I think you still had to go to Blowing Rock to buy beer in 1985. I remember brown bagging, but I think the beer still came from BR. Tried to look it up but got swallowed up be google nonsense.
You are correct. I should have said 85/86 year. Beer in Boone passed in March of '86. Remember the parties the night it passed very well! Beer trucks started rolling in the next week for grocery stores and a few restaurant/bars were selling by late April/May.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:04 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:36 am
Arsenal App wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:10 pm
scatman77 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:06 pm
WataugaMan wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:43 am
I believe this album cover from Doc, Merle, and the Band was taken at Clydes or Hollies (not sure which one): https://www.google.com/search?q=doc+and ... IrUVh0o1VM:
Nope; that's PB Scotts.
It's the original PB Scott's which later became Clyde's when PB's moved into the location remembered by most of us. That's why I said it was Clyde's. Either answer would be correct.
Agreed, it's Clyde's, I recognize the window in the background.
I remember when the George Hatcher Band set up right in front of those windows. They were supposed to play an outdoor concert somewhere on campus but it rained and the show was cancelled. Somehow they ended up at Clyde's of all places, not much room for a band in that space.

Anyway we just showed up out of the blue on that day, and it was daytime, and there they were. George was singing and working on a bottle of Jack Daniels, and had been at it a while it seems, he was drunk. At one point he staggered and fell back into the drum kit, lol. The song stopped but he never dropped the bottle. I believe they set back up and played some more. Fun times.
Last edited by fjblair on Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:25 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:57 pm
Let’s use this for all the food talk and outta the Drink Staff thread.

By the way who remembers the name of the bar that was where Woodlands was in the early 70’s?
Thank you Rekdiver. I know folks were just passing time and having a little fun but it was getting pretty tiresome having to wade through all that stuff while trying to get actual information / discussion about the staff.

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:05 pm

Not one mention of TKE boxing at PB Scott’s. I don’t want to remember it either. Painful. Library Club was where the girls were,quantity and quality. A certain cheerleader with curly blonde hair.I was disappointed to discover it wasn’t her natural color...well , I was and I wasn’t.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”