Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

If you're not part of Yosef

NoLongerLurking
School: Appalachian State

Re: If you're not part of Yosef

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:32 pm

Arsenal App wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:41 pm
There are still better examples out there than IPTAY. I don't want Appalachian being another Clemson in anything.
It would be ok with me for Appalachian to become a research institution in multiple fields.... but I guess I be too stoopid to unnerstand wut im sayin'.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:11 pm

Arsenal App wrote:
There are still better examples out there than IPTAY. I don't want Appalachian being another Clemson in anything.
I'd hate to be a university with 24k students yet pack a 80k stadium and donors contribute $38M annually, the horror.

If the same percentage of alums gave to App as Clemson grads, we'd more than support the annual scholarship needs.

Great OP let's get over participation percentage UP!

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:19 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:11 pm
Arsenal App wrote:
I'd hate to be a university with 24k students yet pack a 80k stadium and donors contribute $38M annually, the horror.

If the same percentage of alums gave to App as Clemson grads, we'd more than support the annual scholarship needs.

Great OP let's get over participation percentage UP!
https://www.wyff4.com/article/15-clemso ... k/26253530

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:16 pm

We upped our donation level this year. I agree with the earlier post in this thread re social media being heavily used in order to increase numbers. I'd like to see more push to join Yosef at some of the alumni gatherings as well. The Triangle Alumni chapter is very active and is always having events. I've talked my Dad into joining lol and have been badgering my best friend to join as well

Yosef's Musket

Unread post by Yosef's Musket » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:46 pm

I am a recent graduate (May '18) who cannot give a substantial amount, but would love to begin a payment plan and start my giving. Does anyone know where I can go to take advantage of the young alumni discount? I did some digging and the appstatesports website says to go to "appstatesports.com/youngalumni" but that page doesn't actually have anywhere to sign up. When I began the steps in signing up through the normal link, I didn't see a spot to select that I am a young alumni. Just want to take advantage of any perks that I get with being a young alumni. The amount I plan on giving isn't going to change regardless, but I think I get a few extra bonuses (AD gifts/tickets) at my level that I wouldn't get without the discount. Maybe someone in this thread can point me in the right direction. Thanks!
2018 Alumnus

#TIGMA

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:16 pm

Yosef's Musket wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:46 pm
I am a recent graduate (May '18) who cannot give a substantial amount, but would love to begin a payment plan and start my giving. Does anyone know where I can go to take advantage of the young alumni discount? I did some digging and the appstatesports website says to go to "appstatesports.com/youngalumni" but that page doesn't actually have anywhere to sign up. When I began the steps in signing up through the normal link, I didn't see a spot to select that I am a young alumni. Just want to take advantage of any perks that I get with being a young alumni. The amount I plan on giving isn't going to change regardless, but I think I get a few extra bonuses (AD gifts/tickets) at my level that I wouldn't get without the discount. Maybe someone in this thread can point me in the right direction. Thanks!
Alumni '15 here. The past couple years I've just called in about it and they've been mostly helpful. Last time I talked to my person there he said more info about it for this year hasn't been put out yet, but you can go ahead and sign up. So I'd give them a call! Just tell them what you want to do.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:10 pm

Yosef's Musket wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:46 pm
The best thing to do is call Virginia Falck in the Yosef office. She can be sure you get the young alumni "bonus" and set up the monthly giving, too. Thanks for joining Yosef. You and your membership in Yosef make a real difference!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:29 pm

Just to bump this back up to the top and hopefully get anybody on the fence to go ahead and commit.

We just renewed season tickets again, and upped our Yosef Club donation this year. GO APPS!!

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:55 pm

Sorry if I've brought up this idea before (been off here for a while), but has there ever been some sort of "recruitment drive" for Yosef Club members?

I keep thinking back to those presidential campaign fundraiser drives certain candidates would do. The "Lets raise $3 million in 3 days" types where you have a graphic and can actually track the donations live as they come in. I wonder if you could do something similar with a Yosef recruitment drive where DG sets a goal of say, 1,000 new Yosef Club members by May (I'm just pulling numbers and timelines out of air here) and then rally, promote and sell the idea of becoming Yosef Club members, all the while have on the App State website or social media live, or daily updates which tally up the recruitment numbers.

We did something similar with the new scoreboard DG got a few seasons back. We as a body managed to raise $100k+ for that within a relatively short time. I would like to think that with a little coercion, sharp graphics and a set goal, you might be able to really drive membership up to where we would like it to be.

Am I crazy or is this something that's tangible? Or am I completely clueless and something like this has already been tried/happens regularly?

CharlotteApp05

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:17 am

One question...I think I already know the answer. I am a Yosef member with two young kids and can’t make every home game, but will go to 1 or two. If I do this, I don’t get parking because I didn’t buy the season tickets. Is there any plan like a half season I could buy and still get parking?

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:41 am

CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:17 am
One question...I think I already know the answer. I am a Yosef member with two young kids and can’t make every home game, but will go to 1 or two. If I do this, I don’t get parking because I didn’t buy the season tickets. Is there any plan like a half season I could buy and still get parking?
DG did away with the half season/parking packages.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:46 am

CharlotteApp05 wrote:
My suggestion would be to just do the full season with parking and then sell the ones you can't go to on here. There are plenty of people that peruse these forums that buy ticket/parking packages.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:01 am

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:46 am
CharlotteApp05 wrote:
My suggestion would be to just do the full season with parking and then sell the ones you can't go to on here. There are plenty of people that peruse these forums that buy ticket/parking packages.
Find someone who will split season tickets with you. You each get 3 games. You pick 1st this year and next year they pick first. I do this with my Panthers tickets.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”