Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

If you're not part of Yosef

DaphneUrquhart
School: Appalachian State

If you're not part of Yosef

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:42 pm

It seems there's long-held perception that Yosef is only for big money donors. Thankfully, I didn't know about that perception when I joined Yosef for a whopping $50 when our son first enrolled at App in 2005. I've been fortunate enough to increase that $50 donation over the years and have seen first hand how important every donation is.

The economic reality for most of us makes monthly donations an easier thing to do. I know I could never give what I give without a monthly payment plan. If you're not part of Yosef, would you consider "subscribing" to Yosef by setting up a monthly donation? Maybe start at $10 a month if you can manage that ($2.50 a week = less than 1 Sonic carhop classic :) ).

If you're not part of Yosef because you truly cannot afford it, no worries at all. I've been there, too (and didn't like it at all!).

If you're not part of Yosef and you can afford something, please help us fund our student-athlete scholarships. Every dollar counts. Every new member counts even more!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

87ASUgrad

Re: If you're not part of Yosef

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:26 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:42 pm
It seems there's long-held perception that Yosef is only for big money donors. Thankfully, I didn't know about that perception when I joined Yosef for a whopping $50 when our son first enrolled at App in 2005. I've been fortunate enough to increase that $50 donation over the years and have seen first hand how important every donation is.

The economic reality for most of us makes monthly donations an easier thing to do. I know I could never give what I give without a monthly payment plan. If you're not part of Yosef, would you consider "subscribing" to Yosef by setting up a monthly donation? Maybe start at $10 a month if you can manage that ($2.50 a week = less than 1 Sonic carhop classic :) ).

If you're not part of Yosef because you truly cannot afford it, no worries at all. I've been there, too (and didn't like it at all!).

If you're not part of Yosef and you can afford something, please help us fund our student-athlete scholarships. Every dollar counts. Every new member counts even more!
We made our monthly payment to our annual Yosef Club pledge this weekend. We have found that the monthly donation is easier on our budget and is the best course of action for us to support our Yosef Club.
Give Em Hell!!

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:40 am

With all credit given to Daphne, i would love to see this posted everywhere, every yosef document and on the website. Just so well said. Thank you!

AZAppGrad

Unread post by AZAppGrad » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:44 am

I agree with the comments on monthly payments. I was able to increase my donation to Yosef this year by over 20% using the monthly payments and plan on increasing it again next year.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:08 pm

App91 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:40 am
With all credit given to Daphne, i would love to see this posted everywhere, every yosef document and on the website. Just so well said. Thank you!
Thanks! I believe Yosef staff are really working diligently to make sure every single one of our 127,000 alumni understand that they're all welcome in the Yosef Club. As with any communication campaign, word of mouth can be powerful. Any help you can provide in getting the word out to your friends and fellow alumni is greatly appreciated.

#GiveYosef

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:08 pm

Renewed my tickets on the monthly plan today. Also reserved Carolina tickets.
Bring Your A Game!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:26 pm

Daphne, you need to ask the Alumni Assoc to print this and try to get it in the Appalachian and the Watauga Democrat. You are preaching to a large number of choir members here.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:42 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:26 pm
Daphne, you need to ask the Alumni Assoc to print this and try to get it in the Appalachian and the Watauga Democrat. You are preaching to a large number of choir members here.
Thanks, Rekdiver. With #iBackAPP day coming up on May 2nd, this may be something that could cover both the Appalachian Fund and Yosef. We make monthly donations to both. I'll run it up the flagpole and see what happens.

In the meantime, any help spreading the word would be much appreciated.

#GiveYosef

TurfMonkey

Unread post by TurfMonkey » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:52 pm

Quick Gerald story seems appropriate here. Met him in 1991 at a rouser in Hickory.
Kids, back then fellow App Fans were few and far between. I was amazed how many peers
were there in Black and Gold.
Gerald hooks me up with Yosef, Comes back over after I had each beer and talked me
into upgrading. On the way home, my future wife asks "Well how much did you give?"
I said "Honey, he was a smooth operator and a Huge App Guy, I think it's enough to
put us on the sideline calling plays."

Chaz

Unread post by Chaz » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:43 am

You inspired me. I called this morning to up my donation using the payment plan. Sometimes, literally all it takes is someone giving you a nudge which you did. Keep up the good work.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:02 am

TurfMonkey wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:52 pm
Quick Gerald story seems appropriate here. Met him in 1991 at a rouser in Hickory.
Kids, back then fellow App Fans were few and far between. I was amazed how many peers
were there in Black and Gold.
Gerald hooks me up with Yosef, Comes back over after I had each beer and talked me
into upgrading. On the way home, my future wife asks "Well how much did you give?"
I said "Honey, he was a smooth operator and a Huge App Guy, I think it's enough to
put us on the sideline calling plays."
That's a great story and reminded me of something similar. The year ahead of my first daughter's wedding (which was costing way more than I expected) I hadn't renewed my Yosef pledge yet and I wasn't sure I was going to that year to help cover the wedding cost. Then, I get a call from Gerald and he starts me talking about my daughter and the wedding and next thing I know I've renewed my pledge; still not sure exactly how it happened. As we're hanging up I hear him call out to others in the room my last name and affirms "he's renewing!" I stood there frozen for a moment with the phone in my hands and then just laughed...and honored the pledge...the man was good, too good.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:27 am

I found some old football programs with Gerald in it during his playing days and decided to give him one. So i walk up to the Yosef Club Room (where i have yet to partake of) and gave it to him. At that time I did not know he was ill and he passed a few months after. The program was ASTC vs Elon.

And to make Daphne feel good I repledged my donation for the next 6 years.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:25 am

Gerald and Julia showing up early for my Dad's receiving many years ago...priceless.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:04 pm

Donated. Wasn't a lot. But I don't have a lot to give. At any rate, I believe someone with a Social Media following should launch a small donations initiative in which the idea is to mobilize App Alumni, students, and friends of the University from across the region and state to Donate small amounts, as possible.

The difference in membership numbers between ECU's Pirate Club and App's Yosef Club should be able to be closed if App would make a serious push to get the word out.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:21 pm

What's the best way to join? Call the office or online? Or does it make any difference. I didn't see anywhere to pledge for future years on the website.
WE ARE YOSEF!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:06 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:21 pm
What's the best way to join? Call the office or online? Or does it make any difference. I didn't see anywhere to pledge for future years on the website.
Right now, it's best to call the Yosef office and tell them what you want to have happen. Contact Virgina Falck at 828.262.3109.

Thanks for joining Yosef! I truly appreciate it!

#GiveYosef

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:52 pm

I just re-upped on line today. Please contact all your App contacts and ask them to join. They don't have to donate a lot and Clemson has shown with IPTAY that a lot of small donations can go a long way.

Join Yosef!!

Arsenal App

Unread post by Arsenal App » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:12 pm

Not sure I would use IPTAY as an example. That organization has a checkered history to say the least. Some say that IPTAY stands for I Pay Ten Athletes Yearly.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:23 pm

Arsenal App wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:12 pm
Not sure I would use IPTAY as an example. That organization has a checkered history to say the least. Some say that IPTAY stands for I Pay Ten Athletes Yearly.
The IPTAY reference is generally used to demonstrate the impact of broad based fundraising. I'd be surprised to find any organization founded in 1934 and still up and running that hasn't had some "issues" in its history. The comparison is more about having nearly 15,000 IPTAY members and 156,000 living alumni. Compare that to our 3,000 Yosef members and 127,000 living alumni.

We have work to do. Spread the word. #JoinYosef

#GiveYosef

Arsenal App

Unread post by Arsenal App » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:41 pm

There are still better examples out there than IPTAY. I don't want Appalachian being another Clemson in anything.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”