Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Appstate Endzone Camera

fjblair

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by fjblair » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:14 am

appgrouch wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:50 pm
huskie3 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:17 pm
Visitor dressing room in Quinn Center.
That is the current thought, it is not official.
Having teams dress in there will make us look like a high school program.
Ridiculous comment. It's a temporary arrangement while under construction. Relax.

APPdiesel
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:00 pm

Once the new facility is finished, the visitors will use our current locker rooms and we will use North End Zone facility locker rooms.
Really, the best way to handle this would be to dig the corridor out and turn it into a tunnel and have stairs going up and into our current locker rooms. We'd never have to rope off the concourse, we'd never put visiting players at risk of walking through our fan base....or make the NEZ facility big enough to house both locker rooms.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:25 am

The guy is back out there with a push broom......funniest thing i've seen

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:48 am

How was the entrance done before the current athletics center when both teams were in Owens(rip)?

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:21 am

Every day that pile gets smaller and smaller. What will it take, another week to get the site cleared?

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:03 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:00 pm
Once the new facility is finished, the visitors will use our current locker rooms and we will use North End Zone facility locker rooms.
Really, the best way to handle this would be to dig the corridor out and turn it into a tunnel and have stairs going up and into our current locker rooms. We'd never have to rope off the concourse, we'd never put visiting players at risk of walking through our fan base....or make the NEZ facility big enough to house both locker rooms.
I had thought about the idea of building a tunnel but that seems like a lot of effort. It would seem to me that, since we're building the new facility, including lockers for the visiting team would be a logical thing to include. Frankly, I had wondered why we hadn't built the tunnel for our own guys to use with our existing facility.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:38 pm

Got my brick!!!

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:07 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:03 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
I had thought about the idea of building a tunnel but that seems like a lot of effort. It would seem to me that, since we're building the new facility, including lockers for the visiting team would be a logical thing to include. Frankly, I had wondered why we hadn't built the tunnel for our own guys to use with our existing facility.
Tunnels are expensive, roping off the concourse is cheap.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:57 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:07 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
Yeah. We’re not exactly digging through sand.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:58 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
The kids also enjoy standing in the concourse when the players go through.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:08 am

APPdiesel wrote:
I kind of like the idea of having the visiting team walk through a gauntlet of our fans during the pregame... maybe it can add another Home Field advantage element.
The Appalachian State

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:18 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
That was kind of my assumption and that would remain the case today in terms of building the tunnel for a visiting team. That's kind of my point. The whole idea of having them in the West side facility doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:11 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
Right up until an "incident"

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:14 am

We need more dump trucks.............

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:19 am

Where is that long dump trailer they had last week? Any ideas on where they are dumping the stuff?

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:34 am

App91 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:19 am
Where is that long dump trailer they had last week? Any ideas on where they are dumping the stuff?
Cullowhee?

appaneer1984

Unread post by appaneer1984 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:39 am

I believe the gnattsboro fleagles will use it for their new fleald house
I just come for what peace I can find | The spirit ever lingers in a song | And the mountain's gonna sing this song for me |Rock me off to sleep

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:44 am

appaneer1984 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:39 am
I believe the gnattsboro fleagles will use it for their new fleald house
No...they want to dam up eagle creek and create a recreational area for single-wide homes.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:35 am

App91 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:19 am
The New River
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:00 pm

fjblair wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:14 am
appgrouch wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:50 pm
huskie3 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:17 pm
Visitor dressing room in Quinn Center.
That is the current thought, it is not official.
Having teams dress in there will make us look like a high school program.
Ridiculous comment. It's a temporary arrangement while under construction. Relax.
"The track looks high schoolish"
"Having so much room between the stands and field looks high schoolish"
"The inflatable helmet looks high schoolish."

If there are ways to do it better without affecting non-athletic buildings/programs, then it should be looked into. If a team comes in and has a practice midday on Friday, are you going to chase the classes and students out of the Quinn or are you going to have them have to get back on a bus and go back to the hotel to shower and change? If someone is ejected, will you have security standing by to walk with him all the way, through the crowd and to the Quinn. If someone is hurt to the point they need to go to the locker room to be examined, will they have to take a cart ride clear around the stadium to get to the Quinn. If there is a controversial play that ends the game, are you willing to be responsible for getting the team through the crowd in a way that there are no incidents between the team and fans? There are practical concerns to this.

It may be temporary, but it shouldn't be half assed and thrown together. We are doing this upgrade to show that we are an elite G5 program, let's not be seen as giving the visitors the shaft just because it is easier.
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”