Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Moving to Atlanta

ComebackShack
School: Appalachian State

Moving to Atlanta

Unread post by ComebackShack » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:27 am

Hello,

I’m relocating from Raleigh to Atlanta. What kind of alumni events go on there? I loved going to the Yosef club spring tour in Raleigh the last few years. Is that going to Atlanta?

AtlantaMountaineer

Re: Moving to Atlanta

Unread post by AtlantaMountaineer » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:54 am

Welcome to Atlanta! We have a very young, energetic alumni chapter with its own Facebook page group. (I am one of the oldest and least energetic members.) The group is closed but by sending a request to one of the chapter leaders you can get in to see alumni events, etc. The Yosef tour has always made a visit to Atlanta for as long as I can remember with good attendance. For some reason we were left off the list this year. We have viewing parties for most of the big games at various bars. We joined the Penn State viewing party last year for that game and it was lots of fun. There is usually a pregame tailgate at the Georgia State game when it is in Atlanta. There is also an annual Ugly Christmas Sweater party each year and other community service events.

If there is any information you need about living in ATL I would be happy to help. It is a great city with lots to do but the traffic is as bad as you have probably heard and getting worse every year. If you need me to get you a contact for the Facebook Group let me know.

Mike
Last edited by AtlantaMountaineer on Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

appfan22

Unread post by appfan22 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Welcome to Atlanta! It’s always great to add one more to the ranks in our struggle against SEC dominance of the ATL.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:45 pm

Love the Roti Shops in Atlanta..... Check out Tassa's over in Marietta. Oh yeah.... 28-3.
The Appalachian State

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:57 pm

Atlanta= what I hope Charlotte never becomes, but is slowly trending towards.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:07 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:57 pm
Atlanta= what I hope Charlotte never becomes, but is slowly trending towards.
Charlotte has such a different "make up" in infrastructure and geography than Atlanta. No doubt we are on the fast track to becoming another Atlanta-sized metropolitan, but Atlanta is more of a commuter city and it shows with the degradation of some of Atlanta's inner city areas. Charlotte is actually physically larger than Atlanta and the residential areas are intertwined with all of the business areas. This should help keep areas from falling to the wayside like areas of Atlanta did. Look at areas of Charlotte like Camp Greene and Boulevard homes (now Renaissance West), they have completely revamped these areas for the better.

Let's just hope Charlotte doesn't have some corrupt politicians come in and put us on a rough path. Chief Kerr Putney has also done a phenomenol job, PR wise, handling alot of the growing crime/murders/police interactions that come with a growing metropolitan. He doesn't get caught up in the mob mentality, showmanship, polticial nonsense that you see from leaders in other large cities.
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”