Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Athletic Scholarships

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Athletic Scholarships

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:04 pm

Are we fully funded in all sports yet? Saints used to keep us up to date on this.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppSt94

Re: Athletic Scholarships

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:30 pm

Not even close.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:48 pm

Yosef needs $4m more.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:43 pm

We got a lot more to do....I think the volleyball coach said he was fully funded and look how much better they have gotten..... the non Yosef club members need to step up. Just give $25...
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:31 pm

AppState89 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:43 pm
We got a lot more to do....I think the volleyball coach said he was fully funded and look how much better they have gotten..... the non Yosef club members need to step up. Just give $25...
There are people out there with the financial means that could help, yet we leave soon many fans and alumni untapped when it comes to marketing the Yosef Club.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:23 am

A coach saying that his/her team is fully funded probably doesn't mean the same thing as saying our athletic department's scholarship program is fully funded. The coach probably means he/she is receiving the full allotment of scholarships allowed by the NCAA. Fully funding the program means that the contributions to Yosef are covering the scholarships and that the university is not having to kick in any additional amounts.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:33 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:31 pm
AppState89 wrote:
There are people out there with the financial means that could help, yet we leave soon many fans and alumni untapped when it comes to marketing the Yosef Club.
As top heavy as the athletic administration seems to be, marketing should not be a problem. Why is it?
Google SUX

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:46 am

NewApp wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:33 am
AppState89 wrote:
As top heavy as the athletic administration seems to be, marketing should not be a problem. Why is it?
Sure hope you are giving generously to Yosef Club with that statement.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 pm

Thanks for the snide remark. You don't want to compare donations over the last 48 years including my will..
FWIW, I'm not the one who brought up the efficiency or effectiveness of our marketing efforts. All I'm saying is we certainly have the man power and exposure to reach whatever sum we need.

Also note my post said seems to be.

Have a good day.
Google SUX

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:33 pm

NewApp wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
No idea. Wish I had an answer. I have friends and family that have only heard about the Yosef Club through me. When I bought season tickets for this upcoming season, I shared that my father (App grad) also expressed interest, and all that was promoted to me at that point was adding a couple more tickets to my order. Nothing was suggested or promoted about my father potentially joining the Yosef Club as well to possibly give us two tailgating spots, and likely have tickets next to each other. I think they are just missing out on opportunities that pop up here and there from time to time. I don't recall hearing much promotion even at games, where most in attendance likely do not currently contribute. They do some nice things such as the tour, and have had some large donors contribute, but the consistent cash flow in for donations is key to future success.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:49 pm

Where is the robust staff people "seem" to believe we have?

https://appstatesports.com/news/2017/5/ ... -team.aspx

Fundraising is TOUGH, especially when there are so many great causes that are all competing for charitable dollars.

If you ask why there is a marketing problem and you haven't reached out to recruit one App fan to the Yosef Club in the last 12 months you've answered the question. Each One Reach One, grass roots is still the best way to grow the base.

Step 1 - give what you can if you believe in the good the Yosef Club does.

Step 2 - recruit one additional person each year

The post in no one indicates if you aren't a member you aren't a fan - that strawman burnt down many moons ago.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:02 pm

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:33 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
No idea. Wish I had an answer. I have friends and family that have only heard about the Yosef Club through me. When I bought season tickets for this upcoming season, I shared that my father (App grad) also expressed interest, and all that was promoted to me at that point was adding a couple more tickets to my order. Nothing was suggested or promoted about my father potentially joining the Yosef Club as well to possibly give us two tailgating spots, and likely have tickets next to each other. I think they are just missing out on opportunities that pop up here and there from time to time. I don't recall hearing much promotion even at games, where most in attendance likely do not currently contribute. They do some nice things such as the tour, and have had some large donors contribute, but the consistent cash flow in for donations is key to future success.
Did YOU(caps for emphasis only, not an attack) promote YOSEF to your dad? That's what the "each one reach one" campaign is all about. Marketing from other members is the best marketing. So many people don't even answer the phone anymore. We can't always rely on "them" to promote. YOSEF is a club, membership provides benefits but also requires responsibility.
WE ARE YOSEF!

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:10 pm

There should be a Yosef Club station set up at all home football, basketball, and baseball games in order to educate people and give them the opportunity to at least make a 20.00 (or more) donation on the spot. Not meaning to slight other athletic teams / events but these have the larger crowds. Seems like people are thinking that the YC is pretty good at reaching out to members but not at developing new donors.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:12 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:02 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
Did YOU(caps for emphasis only, not an attack) promote YOSEF to your dad? That's what the "each one reach one" campaign is all about. Marketing from other members is the best marketing. So many people don't even answer the phone anymore. We can't always rely on "them" to promote. YOSEF is a club, membership provides benefits but also requires responsibility.

Each one reach one is exactly right, but look at ECU's past. They marketed extremely well in addition to the personal contact route. They're down somewhat compared to what they used to be, but still they dwarf us. We can and must do better in order to accomplish the goals we seek.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:13 pm

appfanjj wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:10 pm
There should be a Yosef Club station set up at all home football, basketball, and baseball games in order to educate people and give them the opportunity to at least make a 20.00 (or more) donation on the spot. Not meaning to slight other athletic teams / events but these have the larger crowds. Seems like people are thinking that the YC is pretty good at reaching out to members but not at developing new donors.
Give free beer and they'll come like flies. ;)
Google SUX

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:59 pm

goapps93 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
The part I left out is that my dad already donates. The person who reached out to me didn't know that, and while peer marketing is successful, it's an assumption that others will market for you rather than taking action for yourself. I do marketing for Navy Federal Credit Union, and while we have 8 million members that take advantage of all various products and services, we don't hope that those referring members share the word to friends and family, but we guide and engage members to educate them on the best product/services to include a feature and benefit. I think it should be pushed heavily over the loud speaker between Mo Bamba and Hi Hi Yikas.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:11 pm

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:59 pm
goapps93 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

The part I left out is that my dad already donates. The person who reached out to me didn't know that, and while peer marketing is successful, it's an assumption that others will market for you rather than taking action for yourself. I do marketing for Navy Federal Credit Union, and while we have 8 million members that take advantage of all various products and services, we don't hope that those referring members share the word to friends and family, but we guide and engage members to educate them on the best product/services to include a feature and benefit. I think it should be pushed heavily over the loud speaker between Mo Bamba and Hi Hi Yikas.
Marketing for a credit union is much different than marketing for a charitable organization/booster club, as is being a member. I think there a too many people who have a "what's in it for me" attitude when it comes to donating to Yosef Club and other like organizations. Now don't get me wrong I think the club admin could do more to market Yosef but it is a different kind of organization than a credit union or other business. I'm just saying I think Yosef members should take more ownership and reach out to alumni friends and other App fans to encourage folks to donate.

I'm also afraid our biggest issue is we don't have the number of major donors some of our competition has. I think we all know the caliber of donors the Rams Club has in Chapel Hill and believe it or not there is a good deal of money in Eastern NC and those holding it who have no ties to schools in the Triangle really get behind the Pirates because there ain't sh!t else in Eastern NC to get behind or do.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:46 pm

I was at App '94-'99. I was aware of Yosef Club but never really knew what it was about. I joined to get good seats and parking for football. Best $500 I spent that year. Then I became good friends with other Yosef Club members, purely by chance, at a job I had. They are the people who enlightened me as to what Yosef Club really does. And when you get that hand written letter from a field hockey player thanking you for your support it hits home even more that its more than just football. Its a difficult mental exercise to buy season tickets for basketball or other sports that play games in the middle of the week when you live 100+ miles away and have to get up at 5:00 for work the next day. But what I decided to do was take half the cost of season tickets for a couple other sports and give that amount to Yosef Club. Half is what I can afford and it just helped me determine an amount. Less arbitrary in my mind. I don't care about levels and free stuff (please keep the made in China scarf), but I do care about the success of the athletics programs at my school. And anyone who isn't fired up by the successes App athletics is currently experiencing, women's sports in particular, you need to start paying attention.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:33 pm

I challenge everyone on Yosef's Cabin to post to FB, Twitter, Instagram or others I don't know about, to reach out to other App State grads and get them to donate just $25 to the Yosef Club. What is upsetting to me is we put 25,000+ in the stands, but only 6,400 season tickets are sold. We can do better. We are going to have one hell of a team this year. People will be surprised, that's all I'm saying...….
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:19 am

"Each One, Reach One" is essential and I know YC is a mainly volunteer force, but I do think we can do better with marketing. That's not a slight to anyone.

When I was in college I had friends at NC State who worked at their alumni (maybe Wolf Pack Club) call center cold-calling alumni for hours at a time. One of them once solicited Phillip Rivers. Everyone knows how easy it is to get free labor from college students. Call it an internship.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”