Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Non-football trophy case?

T-Dog

Non-football trophy case?

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:37 pm

With Women's Tennis winning the Sun Belt regular season title, I was thinking about all the conference titles App has won in all different sports. There's a very-nice trophy area on the fourth floor of the MERAC for football, but even that needs updating because of the bowl trophies.

But to non-football, there's no one place that displays how successful App Athletics have been over the years. All of the Cross Country and Track and Field trophies were in a windowless room in Owens for years and I wonder where they are now.

The 1979 MBB SoCon trophy is in the Varsity trophy case next to a bunch of old basketball trophies and ROTC awards. I don't even know where the 2000 MBB SoCon trophy or 2011 and 2012 WBB SoCon trophies are. I'm guessing the offices at the Holmes Center, but can fans enjoy those?

Point is, I feel there needs to be a case (or cases) for the non-football trophy cases for fans to enjoy. Yes I know that means it would likely mean money being spent, but with the new endzone project, maybe it can go in there? Like a Hall of Champions room with the App Hall of Fame members and every athletics trophy ever won?

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”