Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Some General Questions

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
School: Appalachian State

Some General Questions

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:49 am

When will season ticket packages go out this year? I'm anxious to know which parking lot I will be assigned, while also excited for the start of the season.

How would one go about obtaining a club level seats? I would prefer for the new building, but would take the current ones as well. I thought I heard there is a waiting list? How would I be put on that list?

When will the full basketball schedule be released?
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Rekdiver

Re: Some General Questions

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:14 am

Call the Yosef office

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:53 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:14 am
Call the Yosef office
Sadly I can get better information on here. I've called them numerous times about various things and the level of uncertainty seems to run high.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:51 pm

It will likely be the first week of August before ticket packets come out. The parking has been a very interesting endeavor this year. There were about 585 parking spots in the stadium lot. Those folks had to be moved to the Champions lot, the tennis courts, the softball field, the new parking deck, Bowie Eggers, and elsewhere. Of course, there were stadium lot folks who weren't excited about moving from a place they tailgated for ages and ages. I certainly understand that.

As I understand it, the parking is not 100% settled yet. Just be patient. I'm looking forward to learning where I will park after parking in the same spot for 12 years. Personally, I'll be fine with wherever so long as I get to see App State football! I even took a picture of my Jeep in my old parking spot the last home game of the season. It was a farewell to Stadium 76 because I knew that would never be a parking spot again.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:36 pm

Just log in. I already know my parking (river street parking deck) and seats 203 section.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:48 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:36 pm
Just log in. I already know my parking (river street parking deck) and seats 203 section.
I've only called in the past, and when I just tried to create an online account with the email I have over the phone it created a blank login with no information about pledges and ticket information.

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:21 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Call the Yosef office
Does anyone else refuse to talk with certain people in the Yosef office? A friend of mine said he refuses to talk with Suzette. Also had a friend who didn't want to talk with Brian (but I don't think he's there anymore). Just curious if this is more common that we realize.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:50 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:36 pm
If you previously had non-Stadium lot parking and qualify for that same parking assignment this year, your parking assignment does not change.

If you are new to parking and give less than $751, you've got festival parking in whatever lot your giving qualifies. If you give $500, there are four possible locations (Rivers St deck, Holmes, JET, and Liberry roof). I was told at the last freshman orientation session I volunteered that all spaces from $500 down were sold.

If you are new to parking and give $751 - $2,500 to Yosef, your parking assignment will be finalized soon.

If you are new to parking and give $2,500 or more to Yosef, your parking assignment is not quite finalized.

If you previously parked in the Stadium lot and continue to give $2,500 or more to Yosef, your parking assignment is not quite finalized.

My guess would be that only folks in the first category can see their parking assignment on their Yosef account. My account still shows the parking as unassigned. They've done a fantastic job of causing as little disruption as possible to parking with all the construction and whatnot. Once the construction is done and we have a few additional surface lots, I'm sure they'll do an entire system repark. Until then, I think they've made the best decisions possible for the fans as a whole.

#GiveYosef

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:53 am

BooneKarate wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:21 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Call the Yosef office
Does anyone else refuse to talk with certain people in the Yosef office? A friend of mine said he refuses to talk with Suzette. Also had a friend who didn't want to talk with Brian (but I don't think he's there anymore). Just curious if this is more common that we realize.
No it's totally legitimate, one of my tailgate friends refuses to talk to a certain person there after they messed up his tickets/parking 2 years back. Not sure if that person is still there or not. But he'd just rather speak with someone else. I personally have never had a bad experience, but I understand there has been a bit of turnover. So hopefully they got folks trained up and will be good to go.
Last edited by GregPercussion on Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:59 am

BooneKarate wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
Call the Yosef office
Brian Tracy left several months ago. Suzette's role is that of cultivating major gifts. It's important to ask for the right person for the question you're asking. Here's the short list of folks I'd call for what.
  • Suzette - major gifts, deferred giving
    James Frey - major gifts
    Brandon Vedder - major gifts
    D'minia Stokes - premium seating
    Toronto Thomas - annual giving
    Dominic Parisi - annual giving
For most of us, the last two folks on that list will be our "go to" for most questions. I'd recommend calling Toronto or Dominic first.

#GiveYosef

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:10 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:59 am
BooneKarate wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
Call the Yosef office
Brian Tracy left several months ago. Suzette's role is that of cultivating major gifts. It's important to ask for the right person for the question you're asking. Here's the short list of folks I'd call for what.
  • Suzette - major gifts, deferred giving
    James Frey - major gifts
    Brandon Vedder - major gifts
    D'minia Stokes - premium seating
    Toronto Thomas - annual giving
    Dominic Parisi - annual giving
For most of us, the last two folks on that list will be our "go to" for most questions. I'd recommend calling Toronto or Dominic first.
Is Suzette the only returning individual from last year? I recognize Dominic and Toronto, but I don't think they were Yosef Club last year. What happened to all of our people on this one?

PoplarHillApp

Unread post by PoplarHillApp » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:23 am

I had a very bad experience with someone in the Yosef Office (that is no longer employed there) four years or so ago. That experience is why I am no longer a Yosef Club member.

He essentially treated me like a collection agency over obtaining my contribution, and told me "that it takes a lot of money to put a championship football product on the field and if you want to be a part of it, you have to pay to play." He was very rude and unprofessional. When I complained to someone else in the Club concerning how I was addressed and talked to, I was told that someone would be contacting me to resolve the issue. Needless to say, I was never contacted back by anyone. Thus, feeling that my contributions and membership meant nothing and were not appreciated by the university or the Yosef Club, I have not rejoined.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:36 am

PoplarHillApp wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:23 am
I had a very bad experience with someone in the Yosef Office (that is no longer employed there) four years or so ago. That experience is why I am no longer a Yosef Club member.

He essentially treated me like a collection agency over obtaining my contribution, and told me "that it takes a lot of money to put a championship football product on the field and if you want to be a part of it, you have to pay to play." He was very rude and unprofessional. When I complained to someone else in the Club concerning how I was addressed and talked to, I was told that someone would be contacting me to resolve the issue. Needless to say, I was never contacted back by anyone. Thus, feeling that my contributions and membership meant nothing and were not appreciated by the university or the Yosef Club, I have not rejoined.
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with someone in the Yosef office in the past. In spite of that individual's approach, I assure you that your donation, regardless of the amount, is both important and appreciated. There's certainly much more to Yosef than "a championship football product". We've got 20 varsity sports and over 450 student-athletes that depend on every dollar that's donated. Please accept this as my personal invitation to you to rejoin Yosef and support the best student-athletes in the country.

#GiveYosef

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:47 am

BooneKarate wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:10 am
Is Suzette the only returning individual from last year? I recognize Dominic and Toronto, but I don't think they were Yosef Club last year. What happened to all of our people on this one?
Yes, Suzette is the only Yosef staff carryover from last year. Some that have left have taken the next step up the ladder toward their ultimate career goal. Others have left athletics totally. Others have sought greener pastures in larger athletic departments (essentially lateral moves for more money). I've seen some of the departures as good things and others as true losses.

You're correct that Dominic and Toronto were not with Yosef last year. They're both former App State student-athletes and just all 'round great guys. I hope they'll both be here for years to come.

#GiveYosef

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:15 am

Hate to hear of the problems some of you are having with the Yosef office. I have never had a problem myself. As a matter of fact I emailed Brandon in the office on Tuesday with a question and had a response within an hour. With the turnover they’ve had i’m guessing patience is really needed right now.

lillycafe

Unread post by lillycafe » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:41 am

I have never had any problems with anyone in the Yosef Club office. Dominic has been very accommodating with our change in donation level for this year.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:55 am

lillycafe wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:41 am
I have never had a problems with anyone in the Yosef Club office. Dominic has been very accommodating with our change in donation level for this year.
appfanz wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:15 am
Hate to hear of the problems some of you are having with the Yosef office. I have never had a problem myself. As a matter of fact I emailed Brandon in the office on Tuesday with a question and had a response within an hour. With the turnover they’ve had i’m guessing patience is really needed right now.
Lillycafe, Dominic is a pleasure to work with!

Appfanz, you're absolutely correct; patience during the staffing transitions and the uncertainties surrounding any construction process are crucial. The four dorms that will eventually fill what used to be the stadium lot will be wonderful once they're completed. We'll have growing pains for a few years while our facilities are upgraded for all of our students.

These are exciting times to be an App State alumnus, alumna, or just a friend of the university.

#GiveYosef

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:10 am

I have taken time on a couple of occasions to offer constructive criticism to the person I was talking to in the Yosef office. I preface it with " Listen we all have the same goals here so if you don't mind"....it's a learning experience for some of these young people. I've been mad before but I realize that my donations and ticket purchases are for the common good and i refuse to let 1 event sour my support of all thing Appalachian.

PoplarHillApp

Unread post by PoplarHillApp » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:23 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:36 am
PoplarHillApp wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:23 am

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with someone in the Yosef office in the past. In spite of that individual's approach, I assure you that your donation, regardless of the amount, is both important and appreciated. There's certainly much more to Yosef than "a championship football product". We've got 20 varsity sports and over 450 student-athletes that depend on every dollar that's donated. Please accept this as my personal invitation to you to rejoin Yosef and support the best student-athletes in the country.
Thank you, Daphne. I appreciate your invitation, and that makes me give consideration to joining up again, when I promised myself I wouldn't (lol) after the way I was talked to.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:32 pm

I sent an email a few days ago and received a quick response confirming my parking spot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”