Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Yosef Club staff: Dominic Parisi

wncapp78
School: Appalachian State

Yosef Club staff: Dominic Parisi

Unread post by wncapp78 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:57 pm

I got a nice email from Dominic Parisi thanking me for being a contributor. But nothing about who he was or how long he had been at App, or even if he was with Athletics. It was signed “Assistant Director of Annual Giving”.
Will we ever have a Yosef Club Director again?
I feel like it’s important to have a Yosef Club Director. In absence of that it would be helpful to know who to contact with questions or suggestions. While it was thoughtful to send an acknowledgment of contributions, I personally think it would be more helpful to know who people are.

Stonewall

Re: Yosef Club staff: Dominic Parisi

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:03 am

We have gone from one to two , to seven , in short order.Just an observation.

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:56 am

Stonewall wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:03 am
We have gone from one to two , to seven , in short order.Just an observation.
Don't worry Stonewall. No need in learning names in the short term. Most of last year's crew was in development for 2 years or less I think. Expect most of these to leave after one year, two at best. They all come in wide eyed and excited seeing all the potential and then they leave in just a short period of time sounding frustrated and unappreciated. Chalk this issue up to either the head of development or the head of athletics. Gotta fix the turnover problem.

yosefederation

Unread post by yosefederation » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:16 pm

Put me in coach. I'll give it a shot. Hopefully more than a year or two😁👍🙏

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:25 pm

Maybe the reason they feel unappreciated is because they read this board. Come on guys, give theses folks a break. The “donation” is suppose to be for the cause not the perks.

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:11 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:25 pm
Maybe the reason they feel unappreciated is because they read this board. Come on guys, give theses folks a break. The “donation” is suppose to be for the cause not the perks.
Not sure what post this was in response to. If it was mine as the originator of the thread, I’d suggest reading my post again. I didn’t use the word “donation”. I’ve been a “contributor” for 40 consecutive years so I know what “the cause” is. I don’t contribute for perks. I contribute to help advance the University and our athletic program. And I don’t understand how a new development employee sharing information with the membership base about staffing changes in a letter would be a perk; it is fundamental to any fundraising organization.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:19 am

I'm sure DG will read this thread and get plenty of information on how to do his job better. He probably wasn't even aware that turnover was something that might need to be addressed.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:24 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
If they're feeling unappreciated because of few and far between posts on a message board, they're in the wrong line of work.

The original post was a well-reasoned assessment of something they think could be done better and a solution was presented.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:07 pm

wncapp78 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:11 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Not sure what post this was in response to. If it was mine as the originator of the thread, I’d suggest reading my post again. I didn’t use the word “donation”. I’ve been a “contributor” for 40 consecutive years so I know what “the cause” is. I don’t contribute for perks. I contribute to help advance the University and our athletic program. And I don’t understand how a new development employee sharing information with the membership base about staffing changes in a letter would be a perk; it is fundamental to any fundraising organization.
78 sorry my comment wasn’t really focused on what you said. It may just be my perception but it seems like there have been a number of negative post recently about the Yosef club staff. WOW, 40 years of giving. Now that’s dedication to the “cause”!!!

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:45 pm

Mjohn88 thanks for your follow up.

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:33 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:19 am
I'm sure DG will read this thread and get plenty of information on how to do his job better. He probably wasn't even aware that turnover was something that might need to be addressed.
Believe it or not, I've actually seen upper level admin (not DG specifically), reading the cabin. It seems like its their way to hear to voice of the fans. Some of the more engaged and passionate fans at least.

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:16 am

For those who don't know, Dominic is an alumnus of Appalachian and a former wrestler. I for one am in favor of hires like his. The more App alumni and beneficiaries of the Yosef Club the better. A quick google search and you can read up on him.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:52 am

BooneKarate wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:33 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:19 am
Believe it or not, I've actually seen upper level admin (not DG specifically), reading the cabin. It seems like its their way to hear to voice of the fans. Some of the more engaged and passionate fans at least.
Oh, I believe they read it, but if they are actually getting their ideas on how to fix things from here then we really are in trouble. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying that folks aren't entitled to opinions or even that they shouldn't post. Obviously turnover is an issue. It happens everywhere at some point for a wide variety of reasons. I'm just saying that I believe the administration has far more information than anyone here and is way ahead of us in thinking about potential solutions.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:47 pm

Dominic called me today and got my account sorted out. Very appreciative of his work.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”