Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Board Update

Yosef
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Board Update

Unread post by Yosef » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:06 pm

There was some maintenance done on the board this evening. There should be no issues but if you notice anything that no longer works correctly that worked before, please let me know and I'll get it fixed ASAP. Again - there shouldn't be any issues but just in case there are, know that board maintenance was done to fix a few minor bugs. Thanks!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Re: Board Update

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:32 pm

I see the thumbs up for Positive Rep. My profile has no neg rep but there is an option for me to get it and I assume give it. I don't see a thumb down. Using Firefox mostly.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Appersrule

Unread post by Appersrule » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm

I think a great idea would be for a moderator to go through the ticket exchange the day after a game and delete everything related to the previous days game. It would help clean things up.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Appersrule wrote:I think a great idea would be for a moderator to go through the ticket exchange the day after a game and delete everything related to the previous days game. It would help clean things up.

Good idea. I'll do it.

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:26 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:I see the thumbs up for Positive Rep. My profile has no neg rep but there is an option for me to get it and I assume give it. I don't see a thumb down. Using Firefox mostly.
Negative ratings are no longer allowed.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:47 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:I see the thumbs up for Positive Rep. My profile has no neg rep but there is an option for me to get it and I assume give it. I don't see a thumb down. Using Firefox mostly.
There were a few who were giving neg rep to every post that some members made. Very petty, don't like a poster then neg every thing they say. Glad they removed it. If someone doesn't like something then they should respond with a quote and say why, if you like it then give rep. The mods did the right thing.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:52 pm

firemoose wrote:
There were a few who were giving neg rep to every post that some members made. Very petty, don't like a poster then neg every thing they say. Glad they removed it. If someone doesn't like something then they should respond with a quote and say why, if you like it then give rep. The mods did the right thing.
Actually my thoughts exactly. I was just not sure if Firefox was having problems with the site. That was happening I think in a few cases when we first moved here. And if a down thumb was missing then what else was I missing was partly my question, though I did not state that? I guess nothing is what I am missing. I must have not even noticed a down thumb when it was available, and was not really aware of it until, I think, JCline mentioned he had gotten a bunch of neg rep, and then I was like, "Neg rep, how do you do that." I finally got around to asking.

And I guess you notice another thing missing is the Politics folder, and that might be for the best for the unity of the App fans.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Firemoose,

I can not believe you just gave me some rep on that post...

oops it was a thumbs up. Sorry I'll see myself out. :lol:

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Yosef wrote:
Negative ratings are no longer allowed.
So now we are reduced to just being yes men? :oops:

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:47 am

I want you to know I looked for way to long trying to find a "Yes men Yes men Yes men" chanting video from the movie (that didn't contain a lot of other crap).

But yes. We are all now - only yes men!

RockCampAPP

Unread post by RockCampAPP » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:05 am

I just wanted to say that for the first few weeks I did not care all that much for this board. I favored the old board format. But, now after several weeks I have passed the learning curve and really like this new format. Sometimes change really is for the better. Thanks, to 89 and whoever was/is involved in making this new board what it is. I am sure it had to be a great deal of work for somebody and credit certainly needs to be given. Good job guys.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”