Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The Appalachian - Going Green on Game Day: AppStat'e Physical Plant and keeping campus clean

GiveEmHellMom85
School: Appalachian State

The Appalachian - Going Green on Game Day: AppStat'e Physical Plant and keeping campus clean

Unread post by GiveEmHellMom85 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:13 am

https://theappalachianonline.com/2019/0 ... pus-clean/

Going green on game day: App State’s Physical Plant and keeping campus clean

Jackie Park, News Editor
September 27, 2019

With all of the preparation that goes into football game day tailgates — food, tables, cornhole and so on — an important element is often forgotten in Peacock Lot: trash.

Chris Erickson, assistant superintendent of landscape services, hasn’t forgotten about this step in the tailgating process after 11 years of working at App State.

“We’ve got the receptacles there; we’ve got them in place. They’re just not choosing to use them,” Erickson said. “I think they do a good job at first, and then as the day goes on, they’re not doing as good.”

T-Dog

Re: The Appalachian - Going Green on Game Day: AppStat'e Physical Plant and keeping campus clean

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:32 am

Don't post the entire article here. Take everything out minus the first couple paragraphs and encourage people to click the link.

appst89
Site Admin

Re: The Appalachian - Going Green on Game Day: AppStat'e Physical Plant and keeping campus clean

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:53 am

T-Dog wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:32 am
Don't post the entire article here. Take everything out minus the first couple paragraphs and encourage people to click the link.
I fixed it.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:48 am

Good reminder! It takes a lot of work to get campus back in shape after game day, and it would be a lot easier if more people took responsibility for squaring away their own mess whenever possible.

That's one thing my wife commented on about the hill during the UNCC game. Once the exodus from the overstuffed hill started in the second half, it was pretty disgusting how much garbage was left behind. I get it. People leave trash behind in the stands, too, but it's not as visible as it is on the hill.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”