Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Luke Combs tickets

HkyMtneer
School: Appalachian State

Re: Luke Combs tickets

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:31 pm

ASU2012 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:05 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:03 pm
How would they have verified "Appness"?

Four of us joined the fanclub and two got through and purchased 10 tickets for our group.
Yeah it was easy. Anyone that didn't get tickets just didn't try very hard
Why didn't Appalachian just skip the whole "App State Fan Verified" presale process and instead of sending out thousands of emails to sign up for a presale with almost no availability just send out an email telling everyone to head over and sign up for Luke's free fan club for access 2 hours earlier? What was the point of the Appalachian presale if almost all of the tickets had already been secured via a free fan club signup, that Appalachian never even let anyone know existed.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:41 pm

The Rock wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:20 pm
HkyMtneer wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:10 pm
The Rock wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:48 pm
Y’all understand this isn’t a private App concert, right?? This is a stop on his tour.
It really wasnt that hard to pre-register and get the tickets that way.
He got the students discounted tickets and had a block set aside for Yosef club. This is a huge draw for App, and while I don’t know what the details are concerning profit sharing, I’m sure the university is going to come away with a good bit of money for this, and great exposure too.
He is doing what Eric church would not do, supporting his alma mater, and bringing a lot of attention to our (his) campus.
Eric church goes to great lengths to avoid bot purchases for his concerts and tickets are easily 2x what these are. I got 3 for about 50/each. Pretty reasonable when considering his popularity right now.
Not really sure why so many are complaining about this.
I think the frustration is that this EASILY could've become an App State "Homecoming Concert" and KBS would have most definitely sold out with the stands full of those at least connected, one way or the other, for the most part, to Appalachian. I understand it's "just another stop on his tour" but he didn't really pitch it that way. He could've made this one mean something to a lot of folks who have a love for the same mountain but instead he chose to make it mean a lot to him and those fortunate enough to get through the clutter. Admittedly, a small percentage of those in attendance will have Appalachian ties, but it will be relatively small. I've already seen 6 Facebook contacts post that they purchased tickets this morning...probably accounting for at least 30 tickets, and the closest they come to having an ASU connection is they attended that school in blue we beat down in Chapel Hill, as 4 of the 6 went to Carolina. One went to Rutgers and the other lives in Hickory and is apparently excited for her first-ever trip to Boone. Yay! As for the Yosef block...it did not exist. There was an email for "App State Verified Fans" that went out for the noon presale to anyone/everyone connected to Applachian with an email on file (including Yosef, season tickets, alumni office, previous donors/givers to AppFund, etc.) The problem was this "block" was only a few hundred tickets - not really worth anyone's time. Also, I don't think anyone is knocking the benefits of the concert. As I mentioned in an earlier post - this is a fantastic money-maker for the school, the town, and the high country. That's wonderful and I'm glad all the various entities are going to make bank. I just think, as evidenced by the demand, that Luke could've taken a different angle on this one show, this one time, and made it a real App State show for App Nation, rather than just another show in Boone, North Carolina, on a long winding tour.
No offense meant, but that's a fairly self centered take. IF you could somehow limit it to "App only" fans, and I don't know how you would do that; I would be surprised if it would be a sell out crowd. Sure, there are some App fans who didn't get tickets that would like them, but I don't think there is enough "App only" Luke Combs fans to pack the stadium. what would that do for ticket prices? would they be 200/each to make it worth eveyone's while? Do we expect Luke and the University to take a loss for this? Like I said earlier, Luke is one of the biggest names in country right now, so even in the spirit of helping out your alma mater, or honoring your roots or whatever, is it realistic to expect him to skip a night on tour, lose hundreds of thousands of dollars (maybe more) just to give 10-15000 app fans a private concert? I am glad he is proud of App and doing what he can to help the university, but I don't think he owes App anything. I think this is a way for him to help App out as much as he can while still giving all his fans an opportunity to see him, and still make some money.
Maybe Appalachian wouldn't have been able to completely sell out KBS for a Luke Combs show. Maybe we could have. We'll never know. The concert isn't until May. Over this next month, we could have done PLENTY of things to make sure every direct ASU connect that wanted tickets had them, prior to going public. For example, offer season ticket holders the chance to purchase tickets at multiple opportunities over Homecoming. Show your ID that matches to Yosef, Season tickets, or Alumni and you're eligible. Tickets exchanged for cash/card and in hand. Either way, the show sells out and Appalachian alums and fans are taken care of first and foremost. Tickets to a show like this could go on sale 10 days before the show and sell out to the general public so no reason to rush it. The fan club thing is a farce. A free fan club is really about 3 "hardcore" fans for every 10 fans and a couple "ehh" fans for every 10. I'd bet 4 or 5 of every 10 fan club members of a free fan club sign up to buy tickets to re-sale. If they get them, great. If they don't secure any tixs then no biggie because they aren't out any cost to join the club. I know I would. In fact, I'm thinking about googling free fan clubs and checking it out for myself in the future. If this was an artist I didn't care for and that's all I had to do...and could buy 8 and spin em' for a few hundred bucks...sign me up. Apparently, thousands were smarter than me.

AppSt8Will

Unread post by AppSt8Will » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:33 pm

I bought my tickets this past Friday...didn't everyone else? :)

ASUchipman

Unread post by ASUchipman » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:02 pm

We followed the instructions and were able to get 12 tickets for our family. We had two separate blocks but it was easy. Took less than 10 minutes.

Appmanrcb

Unread post by Appmanrcb » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:47 pm

I, like most, logged in at 9:48. As soon as the queue loaded it was 2000+ in front, I made it to the ticket purchase screen at 10:08. Took about 18 attempts to select 6 tickets without getting an error message. In the end I finished with 6 in 110, and 2 parking passes for the lot I currently park in for football (Mountaineer) for the wonderful grand total of $560 and change. The fees are absurd but that’s a whole different discussion.

Ticketmaster is always a mess with these things. Personally I’ve never had an easy presale. I never received any info in regards to an App presale at all.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:54 pm

Did any of the stuff on ticketmaster show how the stadium will be set up and did it sale out?

Appmanrcb

Unread post by Appmanrcb » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:00 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:54 pm
Did any of the stuff on ticketmaster show how the stadium will be set up and did it sale out?
The stage will be between the hill and end zone, from what I could tell by the seating chart. The end zone will be the “pit” and there will be some seating on the field and the track. From what everyone says it’s sold out

TevieridesASU

Unread post by TevieridesASU » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:41 pm

This ticket sale process was a cluster. Congrats to the few App State supporters who were fortunate to navigate and get tickets. I suspect that this insult to Yosef App State supporters was not intended but happened. Very sad as App's ticket office could have handled and shared more in the profits ... contributing to our Impact Fund. Most disappointing.

LKN_Lawyer

Unread post by LKN_Lawyer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:51 pm

Good lord y’all are whining like a bunch of old women. I had no problem snagging tickets this morning.

Why is it an insult to App supporters?

TooTallApp

Unread post by TooTallApp » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:05 pm

HkyMtneer wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:44 am
TooTallApp wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:35 am
I had the same difficulties as others have mentioned. If anyone managed to get extras, I'd be very interested. I'm looking for four.
I'd echo those same sentiments...and I was just needing (2) tickets.
Not sure why I did it, but I just signed back into Ticketmaster and much to my surprise I was able to get tickets. Just an fyi for anyone wanting and trying to get tickets.

appmaj

Unread post by appmaj » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:21 am

My take has nothing to do with App. It is simply that ticketing for this or any show is complete crap. This isn't isolated to Luke Combs. Ticketmaster is a giant blatant scam. Tickets sell out through an online process that has "checks" to ensure users are not bots. Yet there are hundreds of tickets at marked up prices on other secondary market ticket sites.

asugoapps

Unread post by asugoapps » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:40 am

We were able to go on today to general public ticket sales and we purchased 16 tickets. It took 4 people being on line to make the 2 purchases.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:49 am

Figured I'd give it another go today...and yet again, no luck. Was on prior to 10:00 am and waiting...finally got through by about 10:30 and all gone. :/

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:11 am

Ticketmaster is a joke...the last time I got Monster Jam tickets for me and my son, I practically paid for a whole third ticket due to their stupid "conveniance fees". At least now I've learned to just go down to the actual ticket office at the GBoro Coliseum or LJVM and buy them in person.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”