Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Luke Combs tickets

ASU2012
School: Appalachian State

Re: Luke Combs tickets

Unread post by ASU2012 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:49 am

HkyMtneer wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:39 am
I'm just guessing but I'd say 80% of the pre-sale tickets went to the broker sites. I've read a few articles and most of the big boys pay for hundreds of individual fan club memberships, pre-sale access codes, etc. and so we'll see plenty of tickets on the secondary market...at greatly inflated prices.
Luke Combs fan club is free to join and they used a new verification method as an extra step to ensure fans got a majority of the tickets. That presale was at 10:00am this morning, so all of the tickets were scooped up by fan club members. Fan clubs are always the best way to get tickets, unless you have an AMEX and they offer that presale for the artist (Luke did not).

zim262

Unread post by zim262 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:51 am

Must have lucked out as I only had 1 in front of me. Went through the verified pre-sale route and was in the waiting room when they went on sale at 12.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:03 pm

ASU2012 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:49 am
HkyMtneer wrote:
I'm just guessing but I'd say 80% of the pre-sale tickets went to the broker sites. I've read a few articles and most of the big boys pay for hundreds of individual fan club memberships, pre-sale access codes, etc. and so we'll see plenty of tickets on the secondary market...at greatly inflated prices.
Luke Combs fan club is free to join and they used a new verification method as an extra step to ensure fans got a majority of the tickets. That presale was at 10:00am this morning, so all of the tickets were scooped up by fan club members. Fan clubs are always the best way to get tickets, unless you have an AMEX and they offer that presale for the artist (Luke did not).
Thanks for the fyi - I did not know that. I've never heard of a free fan club...seems to kinda defeat the purpose and frankly seems kinda cheesy. I remember the Burger King Kid's Club back in the day and anyone could join that thing and even as a child I recall feeling that I wasn't that special or really appreciated by BK at all. Lesson learned at a young age. I'd much rather pay real money, have some skin in the game in my fandom, and share in some actual perks/exclusivity than join a "club" that really isn't a club at all and share in the perks with 100K (probably more) others...of varying levels of interest.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:06 pm

HkyMtneer wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:03 pm
ASU2012 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:49 am
HkyMtneer wrote:
Thanks for the fyi - I did not know that. I've never heard of a free fan club...seems to kinda defeat the purpose and frankly seems kinda cheesy. I remember the Burger King Kid's Club back in the day and anyone could join that thing and even as a child I recall feeling that I wasn't that special or really appreciated by BK at all. Lesson learned at a young age. I'd much rather pay real money, have some skin in the game in my fandom, and share in some actual perks/exclusivity than join a "club" that really isn't a club at all and share in the perks with 100K (probably more) others...of varying levels of interest.
I feel ya. I wish it was a paid fan club as well, as I know I would pay and others wouldn't. But you can see it did serve it's purpose, since people that knew about the fan club got in at least 2 hours earlier than those that did not ;)

appgrad81

Unread post by appgrad81 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:09 pm

Got on about 9:45 this am and at 10:00 was 1,480 in line. It went very quickly and I got tickets after several tries. Parking passes were also available. Can't wait for May 2nd!!

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:17 pm

I did the fan club pre-sale at 10am. Logged in at 10:02 and had to wait 20 minutes to get in. By the time I did I was barely able to find 2 tickets together as they were getting snatched up instantly. By 10:45 there were only a few singles floating around. It sounds like they only had a few hundred set aside for YC at 12.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Chaz

Unread post by Chaz » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:23 pm

So much for the App fans getting tickets. Fail.

appmaj

Unread post by appmaj » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:29 pm

Go look at Stub Hub right now. Tells you everything about the bots.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:38 pm

Chaz wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:23 pm
So much for the App fans getting tickets. Fail.
With the pre-sale open to any and everybody that simply joined the free fan club then a huge percentage of those tickets will hit the secondary. This was an epic fail in the "keeping out the bots" concept and Luke and his people had to know that or they would've searched for alternatives. I would venture to say that maybe 25%, 30% tops, of the crowd will have App State connections. If not for the student tickets that percentage would be even lower. I'm trying to look at the positive and it's this: You're going to have a huge crowd, many of whom have probably never been to Boone, much less to The Rock, in town for this show. It's going to be a HUGE money-maker for the town to have so many "outsiders" in for the weekend...even more of a financial windfall than an App game I would imagine. Maybe we can get some of those fans to like the High Country weather, the atmosphere around town, and come back in the fall for some Mountaineers Football. That would be a huge positive takeaway.

Mountaineers89

Unread post by Mountaineers89 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:05 pm

I got on the pre-sale right at 9:50 and there were ~1,700 people in front of me in the queue. Only took about 8 minutes and I was able to get tickets in Section E right behind the pit. I wish I had gotten on earlier as I really wanted pit passes. I am not sure if they were on sale as part of the pre-sale anyways. I got screwed on a parking pass though. It a stadium pass as being $0.02. I thought this was odd, but went ahead as I wanted to secure the tickets. It ended up being $50 once I got the full receipt.

mAPPSter_97

Unread post by mAPPSter_97 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:13 pm

I guess i was one of the lucky ones. Logged in right at 10am from my desktop, got the 2000+ in queue ahead of me message, waited about 4 mins and then it logged me straight in. I was able to purchase 4 tickets with no issues. was done in less than 10 minutes.

GoBoone

Unread post by GoBoone » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:27 pm

What a joke!

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:35 pm

Selling parking passes too, well there goes my plan A to park in Greenwood and listen to the concert. Plan B camp out in new dorms, might even be able to see and hear.
Bring Your A Game!

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:48 pm

Y’all understand this isn’t a private App concert, right?? This is a stop on his tour.
It really wasnt that hard to pre-register and get the tickets that way.
He got the students discounted tickets and had a block set aside for Yosef club. This is a huge draw for App, and while I don’t know what the details are concerning profit sharing, I’m sure the university is going to come away with a good bit of money for this, and great exposure too.
He is doing what Eric church would not do, supporting his alma mater, and bringing a lot of attention to our (his) campus.
Eric church goes to great lengths to avoid bot purchases for his concerts and tickets are easily 2x what these are. I got 3 for about 50/each. Pretty reasonable when considering his popularity right now.
Not really sure why so many are complaining about this.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:10 pm

The Rock wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:48 pm
Y’all understand this isn’t a private App concert, right?? This is a stop on his tour.
He got the students discounted tickets and had a block set aside for Yosef club. This is a huge draw for App, and while I don’t know what the details are concerning profit sharing, I’m sure the university is going to come away with a good bit of money for this, and great exposure too.
He is doing what Eric church would not do, supporting his alma mater, and bringing a lot of attention to our (his) campus.
Eric church goes to great lengths to avoid bot purchases for his concerts and tickets are easily 2x what these are. I got 3 for about 50/each. Pretty reasonable when considering his popularity right now.
I think the frustration is that this EASILY could've become an App State "Homecoming Concert" and KBS would have most definitely sold out with the stands full of those at least connected, one way or the other, for the most part, to Appalachian. I understand it's "just another stop on his tour" but he didn't really pitch it that way. He could've made this one mean something to a lot of folks who have a love for the same mountain but instead he chose to make it mean a lot to him and those fortunate enough to get through the clutter. Admittedly, a small percentage of those in attendance will have Appalachian ties, but it will be relatively small. I've already seen 6 Facebook contacts post that they purchased tickets this morning...probably accounting for at least 30 tickets, and the closest they come to having an ASU connection is they attended that school in blue we beat down in Chapel Hill, as 4 of the 6 went to Carolina. One went to Rutgers and the other lives in Hickory and is apparently excited for her first-ever trip to Boone. Yay! As for the Yosef block...it did not exist. There was an email for "App State Verified Fans" that went out for the noon presale to anyone/everyone connected to Applachian with an email on file (including Yosef, season tickets, alumni office, previous donors/givers to AppFund, etc.) The problem was this "block" was only a few hundred tickets - not really worth anyone's time. Also, I don't think anyone is knocking the benefits of the concert. As I mentioned in an earlier post - this is a fantastic money-maker for the school, the town, and the high country. That's wonderful and I'm glad all the various entities are going to make bank. I just think, as evidenced by the demand, that Luke could've taken a different angle on this one show, this one time, and made it a real App State show for App Nation, rather than just another show in Boone, North Carolina, on a long winding tour.
Last edited by HkyMtneer on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:39 pm

Should've had the App presale first to avoid the bots

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:03 pm

How would they have verified "Appness"?

Four of us joined the fanclub and two got through and purchased 10 tickets for our group.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:05 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:03 pm
How would they have verified "Appness"?

Four of us joined the fanclub and two got through and purchased 10 tickets for our group.
Yeah it was easy. Anyone that didn't get tickets just didn't try very hard

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:20 pm

HkyMtneer wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:10 pm
The Rock wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:48 pm
I think the frustration is that this EASILY could've become an App State "Homecoming Concert" and KBS would have most definitely sold out with the stands full of those at least connected, one way or the other, for the most part, to Appalachian. I understand it's "just another stop on his tour" but he didn't really pitch it that way. He could've made this one mean something to a lot of folks who have a love for the same mountain but instead he chose to make it mean a lot to him and those fortunate enough to get through the clutter. Admittedly, a small percentage of those in attendance will have Appalachian ties, but it will be relatively small. I've already seen 6 Facebook contacts post that they purchased tickets this morning...probably accounting for at least 30 tickets, and the closest they come to having an ASU connection is they attended that school in blue we beat down in Chapel Hill, as 4 of the 6 went to Carolina. One went to Rutgers and the other lives in Hickory and is apparently excited for her first-ever trip to Boone. Yay! As for the Yosef block...it did not exist. There was an email for "App State Verified Fans" that went out for the noon presale to anyone/everyone connected to Applachian with an email on file (including Yosef, season tickets, alumni office, previous donors/givers to AppFund, etc.) The problem was this "block" was only a few hundred tickets - not really worth anyone's time. Also, I don't think anyone is knocking the benefits of the concert. As I mentioned in an earlier post - this is a fantastic money-maker for the school, the town, and the high country. That's wonderful and I'm glad all the various entities are going to make bank. I just think, as evidenced by the demand, that Luke could've taken a different angle on this one show, this one time, and made it a real App State show for App Nation, rather than just another show in Boone, North Carolina, on a long winding tour.
No offense meant, but that's a fairly self centered take. IF you could somehow limit it to "App only" fans, and I don't know how you would do that; I would be surprised if it would be a sell out crowd. Sure, there are some App fans who didn't get tickets that would like them, but I don't think there is enough "App only" Luke Combs fans to pack the stadium. what would that do for ticket prices? would they be 200/each to make it worth eveyone's while? Do we expect Luke and the University to take a loss for this? Like I said earlier, Luke is one of the biggest names in country right now, so even in the spirit of helping out your alma mater, or honoring your roots or whatever, is it realistic to expect him to skip a night on tour, lose hundreds of thousands of dollars (maybe more) just to give 10-15000 app fans a private concert? I am glad he is proud of App and doing what he can to help the university, but I don't think he owes App anything. I think this is a way for him to help App out as much as he can while still giving all his fans an opportunity to see him, and still make some money.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:26 pm

Kind of crappy. Already seeing tickets on eBay for 2 for 300$. Bull crap. Probably already sold out and it won’t even matter come Friday 10 am.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”