Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Gillin extended

T-Dog

Gillin extended

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:44 pm

NavyApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Gillin extended

Unread post by NavyApp » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:53 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:44 pm
Love his commitment to academics and social outreach for our student athletes!
FREQS AND GEEKS!

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:21 pm

"liddytommy@gmail.com Dec 13, 2019 5:44pm
Great guy that nobody can say no to. He's got the Chancellor and BOT in the palm of his hand. They let him run up tons of debt and divert tons of university money to pay for his insane spending spree. Then they give him a big raise for duping them. LOL"

That is the only comment on that article. wtf...Where did that sentiment come from?

PennywiseEsquire

Unread post by PennywiseEsquire » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:51 pm

appdaze wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:21 pm
Great guy that nobody can say no to. He's got the Chancellor and BOT in the palm of his hand. They let him run up tons of debt and divert tons of university money to pay for his insane spending spree. Then they give him a big raise for duping them. LOL"

That is the only comment on that article. wtf...Where did that sentiment come from?
If you read just about any of the comments on any Watauga Democrat Facebook post relating to App sports (or the school in general) you’ll see at least one negative comment from a crack pot hillbilly. These people are contrarians who think disliking something popular gives them a personality. I saw one a few days ago complaining that the football team is the cause of all the apartments and traffic in Boone. I guess she forgot that Boone would be a greasy spot in the road if not for what the school has done for our economy, and there surely wouldn’t have been anything in this town to sustain her when she moved here if it weren’t for the school. Sorry for the rant. I just hate contrarians.
Hi Hi Yikas

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Looks like Tommy comments on most every App-related article in the WD. I’d say “crackpot hillbilly” may be too generous or kind.

Most of those folks don’t have the capacity to comprehend what Watauga County would be without Appalachian, but they damn sure wish for it. Or they pine for the old days of ASTC, when the biggest issue was all the “Florons” on 2 lane 421.
Give 'em hell!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:28 pm

Heard he got a nice "bonus" to match what Cinci was offering. I just hope he still stays around through his extension. We still have giving goals to meet, folks.
The Appalachian State

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:06 pm

appdaze wrote:

Bless his heart. Merry Christmas Tommy.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:30 pm

Below is the Journal's story on Gillin's contract extension.

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/colle ... 2bc53.html

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:07 pm

Money well spent.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:27 pm

PennywiseEsquire wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:51 pm
appdaze wrote:

If you read just about any of the comments on any Watauga Democrat Facebook post relating to App sports (or the school in general) you’ll see at least one negative comment from a crack pot hillbilly. These people are contrarians who think disliking something popular gives them a personality. I saw one a few days ago complaining that the football team is the cause of all the apartments and traffic in Boone. I guess she forgot that Boone would be a greasy spot in the road if not for what the school has done for our economy, and there surely wouldn’t have been anything in this town to sustain her when she moved here if it weren’t for the school. Sorry for the rant. I just hate contrarians.
Sounds familiar, similar to local sentiment in the '80s not liking the college kids, except there was no FarceBook. My, how Boone has grown from a sleepy little town since then and a lot of those good old folks land holding values and businesses have exploded exponentially because of Appalachian State University.
BLACK SATURDAY

bettysburner

Unread post by bettysburner » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:23 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:07 pm
Looks like Tommy comments on most every App-related article in the WD. I’d say “crackpot hillbilly” may be too generous or kind.

Most of those folks don’t have the capacity to comprehend what Watauga County would be without Appalachian, but they damn sure wish for it. Or they pine for the old days of ASTC, when the biggest issue was all the “Florons” on 2 lane 421.
Floridiots*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”