Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

AD Wish List

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
School: Appalachian State

AD Wish List

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:56 am

The new AD is all about listening to the fans as a whole, not just those that matter. Not sure if he reads this message board, but in the event he does what would be on your wish list for him? Either things that were changed under Cobb, or things that you'd like to see in the future. I will start...

BRING BACK THE BLACK END ZONES

GO APPS
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Appstate88

Re: AD Wish List

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:46 am

Let's build an authentic looking circa 1899 mountain cabin on the bank. It could have a real Yosef sitting on the front porch. He could be available for photos with fans before and after the game. He could fire his rifle from the porch when we score. The ROTC guys can continue to load it for him. He could have a mountain jug on the porch which he could drink from on third down. The cabin could have a rock fireplace with chimney. He could send up different colored smoke (black, gold or white) on game days. The cabin and real Yosef might make a neat focal point in the stadium. I believe if it is thoughtfully done it would add to the game day experience for mountaineer fans of all ages.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:59 am

Appstate88 wrote:Let's build an authentic looking circa 1899 mountain cabin on the bank. It could have a real Yosef sitting on the front porch. He could be available for photos with fans before and after the game. He could fire his rifle from the porch when we score. The ROTC guys can continue to load it for him. He could have a mountain jug on the porch which he could drink from on third down. The cabin could have a rock fireplace with chimney. He could send up different colored smoke (black, gold or white) on game days. The cabin and real Yosef might make a neat focal point in the stadium. I believe if it is thoughtfully done it would add to the game day experience for mountaineer fans of all ages.

Hmmm, kind of like Chief Noc-A-Homa and his teepee in old Fulton Co. Stadium, but without the now-racist overtones. :)

ASUGoose

Unread post by ASUGoose » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:19 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:

GO APPS
This and ASAP!!

Go Neers!!!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:27 am

AppinATL wrote:
Appstate88 wrote:Let's build an authentic looking circa 1899 mountain cabin on the bank. It could have a real Yosef sitting on the front porch. He could be available for photos with fans before and after the game. He could fire his rifle from the porch when we score. The ROTC guys can continue to load it for him. He could have a mountain jug on the porch which he could drink from on third down. The cabin could have a rock fireplace with chimney. He could send up different colored smoke (black, gold or white) on game days. The cabin and real Yosef might make a neat focal point in the stadium. I believe if it is thoughtfully done it would add to the game day experience for mountaineer fans of all ages.

Hmmm, kind of like Chief Noc-A-Homa and his teepee in old Fulton Co. Stadium, but without the now-racist overtones. :)
No. We are clearly being offensive toward Appalachian Americans.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:11 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:The new AD is all about listening to the fans as a whole, not just those that matter. Not sure if he reads this message board, but in the event he does what would be on your wish list for him? Either things that were changed under Cobb, or things that you'd like to see in the future. I will start...

GO APPS
I think black endzones are probably *and hopefully* in our future; but not until some decisions are made about the track and stadium expansion. The present "Jerry Moore Signature" field turf was installed in April through June, 2011. This is its fifth FB season of use. That's getting close to its life expectancy for FBS football. I'm pretty confident Gillin isn't going to spring for the turf company to do a design makeover for a worn-out surface. He'll save that $$$$$$ for the next resurfacing.

Clearly, the present surface would last another five seasons, with usual and customary care. Unfortunately, it would become more shabby in appearance with each passing year. That shabby appearance would work against us in recruiting, TV telecasts, scheduling and ticket sales. Gillin's new master plan for athletics will APPsolutely have to address this issue.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:56 am

Obviously, remove the track, and if/when we do, a hq block A, Appalachian, or "Elevation 3333 ft" painted on the hill. Not dissimilar to what he had at Mizzou...would look great on TV.

twitter.com/diesel933
Last edited by APPdiesel on Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

ASUGoose

Unread post by ASUGoose » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:58 am

In addition to the black end zones, I'd also like to see our secondary logo (Yosef Head with corn cob pipe) opposite the Sun Belt logos on the 25 yard lines.

Similar to how Florida has it on their field:
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... PgodQXwPrw

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:58 am

asu66 wrote:
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:The new AD is all about listening to the fans as a whole, not just those that matter. Not sure if he reads this message board, but in the event he does what would be on your wish list for him? Either things that were changed under Cobb, or things that you'd like to see in the future. I will start...

GO APPS
I think black endzones are probably *and hopefully* in our future; but not until some decisions are made about the track and stadium expansion. The present "Jerry Moore Signature" field turf was installed in April through June, 2011. This is its fifth FB season of use. That's getting close to its life expectancy for FBS football. I'm pretty confident Gillin isn't going to spring for the turf company to do a design makeover for a worn-out surface. He'll save that $$$$$$ for the next resurfacing.

Clearly, the present surface would last another five seasons, with usual and customary care. Unfortunately, it would become more shabby in appearance with each passing year. That shabby appearance would work against us in recruiting, TV telecasts, scheduling and ticket sales. Gillin's new master plan for athletics will APPsolutely have to address this issue.
Any idea on how I can reach out to him to tell him he's already doing a hell of a job?
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:33 pm

I've seen the cabin idea a lot, and I just really don't like it. I can't imagine it not looking hokey to me. I wouldn't raise a stink if it was done, I'd just prefer money to be spent in other places.
Give 'em hell!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:40 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
asu66 wrote:

GO APPS

Any idea on how I can reach out to him to tell him he's already doing a hell of a job?
Call him, e-mail him or get an appt. to go see him...

Doug Gillin
Director of Athletics
828-262-7825
gillindp@appstate.edu
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Unread post by 8993 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:07 pm

Get us a better sound system that has more than just two speakers, pronto.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:15 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:46 am
Let's build an authentic looking circa 1899 mountain cabin on the bank. It could have a real Yosef sitting on the front porch. He could be available for photos with fans before and after the game. He could fire his rifle from the porch when we score. The ROTC guys can continue to load it for him. He could have a mountain jug on the porch which he could drink from on third down. The cabin could have a rock fireplace with chimney. He could send up different colored smoke (black, gold or white) on game days. The cabin and real Yosef might make a neat focal point in the stadium. I believe if it is thoughtfully done it would add to the game day experience for mountaineer fans of all ages.
Perhaps DG could get this built on the enlarged plaza area in the south end zone.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”