Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Donation Suggestion

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
School: Appalachian State

Donation Suggestion

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:45 pm

Recently I started working for Merrill Lynch/BOA who matches donations (Up to a certain dollar amount) made to non-profit organizations and universities. It's set up to automatically pull from my check and I'm able to adjust the amount as I see fit. Also, when signing up in addition to selecting Appalachian State University, I was able to designate (On a memo line) where within the university I wanted to send the funds and the matched funds. At this time I've committed to giving back to the Walker College of Business at the rate of $100 a month. This matching feature was also available at my previous employer and is becoming a more common benefit for larger organization to offer.

First, I want to suggest everyone on here look into it with their employer. Secondly, is the school albeit alumni association or Yosef Club pitching this to prospective donor's?
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

appbanker
School: Appalachian State

Re: Donation Suggestion

Unread post by appbanker » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:20 pm

Another thing to consider is that although many companies will match, they do not match giving to Alumni groups. Since the Yosef Club is part of the Appalachian Fund, you can get around it by giving to the Appalachian Fund and as mentioned above putting your Yosef number in the memo. I'm sure if you wanted to split your donation you could contact the Appalachian Fund and get it set up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”