Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NFL Draft

AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Re: NFL Draft

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:15 am

Too bad his moment got cut short by the Trent Williams trade.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:17 am

Oooooh I hope Cincinnati and Tennessee play each other this season!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:18 am

With the stay-at-home order Roger and his VP need to practice App-a-LATCH- un 1000 times.
WTG ADG!!!!!!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:21 am

appstate77 wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:17 am
Oooooh I hope Cincinnati and Tennessee play each other this season!
https://fbschedules.com/cincinnati-bengals-schedule/

They do.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:26 am

Amazing. Cincinnati’s most important pick up! Congratulations Akeem!!!
YNWA

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:31 am

Overcashed wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:12 am
ADG going to the Bengals! Solid highlight reel too.

They butchered Appalachian during the announcement though....
Shows he easily could have gone in the 3rd round like expected he might. I was hearing this morning he was going by 110.

We may not have another drafted. Fehr would be my best guess, Thomas would be only other possible one, but without a pro day I think he is only 50/50.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:40 am

Who dey!

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:41 am

Absolutely no excuse for career football people mispronouncing our school's name!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:06 pm

I expect Fehr, Thomas, and Johnson all to be signed before the day is over.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:49 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:25 am
The Rock wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:06 am
Maybe the panthers will fill their LB needs with Akeem with their early 4th round pick
Have been a Panthers fan for a long time (although with this off-season I am one foot out the door), but this would be the last place I want ADG to go. Really want him to go to a place where there is a clear path to playing time, while also having some time to develop. The Cincy staff apparently loved him at the Senior Bowl and they kick things off today and see that as a nice spot for him to land.
Agree on having 1 foot OTD with panthers, but with Luke retiring I could have seen a path to rotate in. Not too familiar with bengals, but I assume he can fill in when burfict gets the permanent boot for his next cheap shot...

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:39 am

Did anyone else see the write up a ADG that said he had a knee injury? Said one of his knees is “bone on bone” and if not for that he was a 2nd round pick.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:23 am

Yeah I read that. I’d be surprised though If any team would take a player if it is as terrible as it sounded.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:34 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:39 am
Did anyone else see the write up a ADG that said he had a knee injury? Said one of his knees is “bone on bone” and if not for that he was a 2nd round pick.
Earlier in life, I had both of my knees in a bone-on-bone condition. I had total knee replacement surgery on both joints--three years apart (2005 & 2008)--by the best knee surgeon at OrthoCarolina--Charlotte...making him one of the best in the world. In no way am I ever permitted to run again or to get down on one knee even for a photo-op, unless a thick cushion is available.

Bobby Cremins and Paul Mance have had the same surgery/same surgeon on one knee. Both of them are limited in their movements. Cremins is trim and fit and still tries to play some seniors tennis at Hilton Head, but he has to take it very e-z.

Frankly, I think the AKG story is hogwash. If this "tale" is truthful, he'll have a very, very short NFL career. This observer is unable to fathom any NFL organization throwing a high 3rd round pick at a player with such a handicapping condition before he's even been to a rookie camp. Fake news! With a knee such as described, he couldn't have passed the pre-draft physical exam.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:01 pm

asu66 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:34 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Earlier in life, I had both of my knees in a bone-on-bone condition. I had total knee replacement surgery on both joints--three years apart (2005 & 2008)--by the best knee surgeon at OrthoCarolina--Charlotte...making him one of the best in the world. In no way am I ever permitted to run again or to get down on one knee even for a photo-op, unless a thick cushion is available.

Bobby Cremins and Paul Mance have had the same surgery/same surgeon on one knee. Both of them are limited in their movements. Cremins is trim and fit and still tries to play some seniors tennis at Hilton Head, but he has to take it very e-z.

Frankly, I think the AKG story is hogwash. If this "tale" is truthful, he'll have a very, very short NFL career. This observer is unable to fathom any NFL organization throwing a high 3rd round pick at a player with such a handicapping condition before he's even been to a rookie camp. Fake news! With a knee such as described, he couldn't have passed the pre-draft physical exam.
Thanks for the insight; I was under the impression that this is not the type of injury you play through at a high level. If by some way the report is true ADG is a physical marvel because he never looked limited on the field for us or at the Senior Bowl. If it is indeed a false report I would like to know the rationale behind it.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:42 pm

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:01 pm

Just so weird because it's not substantiated anywhere else. Basically it's some former NFL personnel guy who works in radio now. It's hard to believe this would be the only place this is reported and even harder to believe that he picked ADG to fabricate an injury about. Just a lot of questions here. Thanks for sharing the link.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:29 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
I have read this and the replies. I texted with some people who would know. One of them works for a team whose doctors are among the best and they gave him a solid medical grade. if his knee was bone to bone they would not have wanted him and they were about to draft him in round 4 if he was still there. They almost took him in round 3.

There could be a team doctor who thinks it is bone to bone but they would have removed him.I highly doubt that is the case. I feel like someone would have told me when I asked and he would not have gone where he did.

I have seen that website report signings and other stuff that was not true so while I don't know 100% for a fact on this I firmly believe it is not true or a lot of teams just missed it and that website doesn't have a track record for being 100% accurate.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:07 am

Thought I would throw this out there early but our class next year could be big. If everything gets back to normal it appears the following players are going to be on the NFL radar by this summer:

WR Corey Sutton, WR Thomas Hennigan, CB Shemar Jean-Charles, WR Jalen Virgil, QB Zac Thomas, WR Malik Williams, P Xavier Subotsch, DE Demetrius Taylor

It would have to be a first for a SBC team to have 4 WRs in a NFL camp as a tryout, signing, or draft pick in the same year.

My early guess before getting inside info is that Sutton and Virgil would be possible draft picks. I think Taylor's height and Zac's lack of consistency in pass game would keep them out of draft considering early on.

Anyone heard any info on this group? I don't think we had our junior day so that would mean the NFL won't have verified measurements on our guys.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:58 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:07 am
Thought I would throw this out there early but our class next year could be big. If everything gets back to normal it appears the following players are going to be on the NFL radar by this summer:

WR Corey Sutton, WR Thomas Hennigan, CB Shemar Jean-Charles, WR Jalen Virgil, QB Zac Thomas, WR Malik Williams, P Xavier Subotsch, DE Demetrius Taylor

It would have to be a first for a SBC team to have 4 WRs in a NFL camp as a tryout, signing, or draft pick in the same year.

My early guess before getting inside info is that Sutton and Virgil would be possible draft picks. I think Taylor's height and Zac's lack of consistency in pass game would keep them out of draft considering early on.

Anyone heard any info on this group? I don't think we had our junior day so that would mean the NFL won't have verified measurements on our guys.
I believe if Jolly has another year like he did this past year, he will enter the draft and he should. I understand the height issue but the production is elite.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:00 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:58 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:07 am

I believe if Jolly has another year like he did this past year, he will enter the draft and he should. I understand the height issue but the production is elite.
Here are some stats on the corners this year. 15 declared early and 10 got drafted. 6 of the 10 drafted went in the first 3 rounds. 3 of the 5 corners that are below 5'10 got drafted. Unless you are a test freak with no issues then you won't go early.

Jolly is more of a late day 3 player but if he can put up say 5-8 picks, 15 PDs, run 4.4s, jump 37VJ+, 10'5 BJ+, and run good shuttle times then I could see him going in the top 4 rounds.

Before you bring up the PFF ratings keep this in mind. They were the 2nd worst of any draft publication in projecting the top 100 picks this year: https://thehuddlereport.com/top100.scores.shtml

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”