Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NJCAA moves fall sports to spring

appdaze

NJCAA moves fall sports to spring

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:29 pm

https://www.kimt.com/content/news/ESPNT ... 37091.html

https://sports.yahoo.com/njcaa-junior-c ... 39938.html

Saw this and made me think the dominoes are starting to fall. If JUCOs roll with it will the big boys follow suit?

asu7
School: Appalachian State

Re: NJCAA moves fall sports to spring

Unread post by asu7 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:05 pm

Spring football would not be good. Spring is when we heal from fall injuries. In my opinion we cannot have spring football then turn around and have fall football. What if a junior gets an ACL tear in May then they are done. It’s too hard to turn around. The best idea and it sucks is football without fans this fall and next fall hope this %#^* is gone.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:24 pm

asu7 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:05 pm
Spring football would not be good. Spring is when we heal from fall injuries. In my opinion we cannot have spring football then turn around and have fall football. What if a junior gets an ACL tear in May then they are done. It’s too hard to turn around. The best idea and it sucks is football without fans this fall and next fall hope this %#^* is gone.
There will be no fall injuries to heal from if the games are played in the spring so that seems to be a bit of an illogical statement. Now spring 2021 injuries could make fall 2021 football a problem. How many injuries happen that take half a year to heal that are not career ending versus the problems with spreading Covid which could also be career ending?

People in the stands is a problem but there is a lot of close contact in football and just playing the game could be a vector for spreading Covid among players and coaches.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:31 pm

Spring football won't work unless the NFL moves the draft. If the NFL didn't cooperate, you'd see many 2021 draft prospects sitting out the spring of 2021 to prevent injury. Think Trevor Lawrence is going to screw up his NFL career all for a chance to enjoy Dabo's pizza parties? Definitely not.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:52 pm

asu7 wrote:
Agree with you but we can’t make decisions based on what if’s. Everyone is susceptible to the same what if’s so you roll with it. The problem that I see with it is that what do you do if we have the same issues come spring with the virus? I imagine that this is would be done to hopefully get Fans in the stands and generate revenue. Some football/basketball DHers would be interesting.

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:02 pm

NFL would move draft because they’d be missing out on diamond in the rough prospects...and players will play because they want to show their talents and get drafted as high as possible. March thru may...hell yes...I’d love to do that then go watch a bball or baseball game after...bring it. Let’s get a vaccine done

Neer86

Unread post by Neer86 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:24 pm

Why not both? if we're down to conference play only, let's play 5 games in October and November, and 5 more in March and April. We avoid the worst of the holidays when the flu season erupts, and hopefully by March we have a vaccine. (desperately thinking of some way to keep some football in fall so I don't die for another 8 months)

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:11 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:24 pm
asu7 wrote:
There will be no fall injuries to heal from if the games are played in the spring so that seems to be a bit of an illogical statement. Now spring 2021 injuries could make fall 2021 football a problem. How many injuries happen that take half a year to heal that are not career ending versus the problems with spreading Covid which could also be career ending?

People in the stands is a problem but there is a lot of close contact in football and just playing the game could be a vector for spreading Covid among players and coaches.
Yes spring 2021 and fall 2021 is what I meant since this fall would be moved to spring 2021.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”