Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Marshall keeps rolling!!! Could be their NY6 year.

ASU3432Mi
School: Appalachian State

Re: Marshall keeps rolling!!! Could be their NY6 year.

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:44 pm

Marshall could run the table. They should be favored in all remaining games and I think only one game is not in Huntington. They are a quality team and their win over us may be their closest game all year.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:46 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:16 am
asu66 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:56 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:50 am

I come from a different place than most all of you where Marshall is concerned so I don't understand the hate some of you have for them?
That's because you have no clue about the guff The Appalachian Family has taken from MU types over the years. My wife's a Huntington native and MU is her WV family's alma mater going back at least three generations. The WV side of the family still doesn't cut her much slack even though her parents moved to Winston-Salem when she was just three-months old. She just laughs it off and gives it right back to 'em. W-S has always been hometown to her. She's a 3 x App State grad and d*** proud of it.
Well 66, I see what you are saying and it makes since - I know Marshall grads and WVU grads and they don't hold much love for one another - I was accepted to both but I went to neither so to me they are both teams from West Virginia - The main reason I made the point about being in a different place was that one of my high school coaches, Jim Moss (a star at WV) was on the plane that crashed was an Ass't Coach with the Herd - He kind of took me under his wing, gave me hell, made me a better player - also a kid from my area was on the plane as well. Extremely sad when I heard the news that night - I still have never watched the movie --- I'm Just coming from a different view.
Got it. No Harm, no foul. We, also, remember the Kenova/Southern Air crash vividly. We'd just returned from dinner in Boone following the Apps' loss to Wofford and caught the report on our car radio. By the time we got in and got the TV on, it was the news that put a damper on all of the '70 college FB season. It was surreal! My bride spent most of the night on the phone with her WV/OH cousins--some of whom lost classmates, next door neighbors or significant others in the tragedy. We did watch the movie, but can't bring ourselves to fly into or out of HTS Jet Center again. Turnpike it is for us.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:20 pm

Hard place to go and dominate is la tech. Marshall di just that.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:47 am

mountaineerman wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:20 pm
Hard place to go and dominate is la tech. Marshall di just that.
Agreed. Marshall is a pretty good team so far. Hard to beat Louisiana Tech that bad at their place.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:04 am

We beat them in Cross Country.It's better than nothing.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:53 pm

Marshall needs to get on the phone and beg BYU for a game in a couple weeks. BYU needs a better game than Marshall but they may settle for Marshall if they can't get anyone else to play them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”