Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

COVID Discussion

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

COVID Discussion

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:04 pm

Would like to see who has had it, what were your symptoms, length of illness and where you got it. Also if you have gotten a shot and which one, Moderna or Pfizer.

NavyApp

Re: COVID Discussion

Unread post by NavyApp » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:18 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:04 pm
Would like to see who has had it, what were your symptoms, length of illness and where you got it. Also if you have gotten a shot and which one, Moderna or Pfizer.
Early November, no symptoms, no fever no idea on length of illness. Didn't believe I actually had it until I got my results back from a blood drive that I had antibodies. Believe I got it from work(my other two coworkers both had it at the same time) as it was an early voting facility in my county. Not currently eligible for a shot due to my age and no underlying health concerns.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:35 pm

I have not had it (that I’m aware). My sister had it, had mild symptoms. I know of 2 other who have had it, one said it was like a bad flu, the other had a light cough and sore throat.

I am not yet eligible for the vaccine, but both my parents have had round one in the past 2 weeks.
Give 'em hell!

AtlantaMountaineer

Unread post by AtlantaMountaineer » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:47 pm

I have not had it. I have two family members in NC who have had it. One was in the hospital for several days and is still having long term affects. The other has been very ill for weeks.

I got my first Moderna vaccine this week and am scheduled for the second dose in 4 weeks here in Atlanta Metro. It took weeks of trying to get the appointment. In Georgia you can get if as a 65 or over senior.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:52 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:04 pm
My brother got it from hanging out with a friend, no symptoms except loss of smell.

Other brothers whole family got it, regular cold/flu for them, sister in law had extended period of no smell.

My mother just got the first jab, no side effects.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:42 pm

I think I may have had it back in the Spring of 2020. Had a cough that lasted 2 months and it would not go away. According to my wife, I sounded terrible. Went to doctor and we thought it may have been allergy related, I was working in the yard a lot. Thus, Doc put me on steroids, they didn't work. Went back and had chest x-ray done, Doc said I was getting over a virus (hummmm), prescribed me an inhaler. I got better, it's odd the family never got symptoms. Anyway, I need to get an anti-body test.

gboroapp

Unread post by gboroapp » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:55 pm

Me, my wife and son had it. Very mild symptoms for my son and I, slight cough and a little tired. Wife however, had most of the typical symptoms, headache, congestion, loss of smell/taste, was in bed for most of a week. Hung out with two other couples one night, all 6 ended up positive, not 100% sure who had it first. Not eligible for vaccine yet but my parents got the first round at the speedway in Charlotte last week, said it went very smooth.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:55 pm

I forgot to mention I got 1st Moderna shot Friday a week ago. Wife had no side effects but I felt like Ihad taken a strong antihistamine for about 12 hours.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:09 pm

I had it in august. Run down and tired for like 3 days. Mrs Seattleapp same. She did lose her sense of smell for a couple days. Neither of us had any other symptoms

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:30 pm

My wife and I tested positive on 12/13. My brother, 91 year old father and 85 year old mother tested positive the following week. My wife and I were very sick. She ended up in emergency room, was on a home oxygen machine. She also had infusion therapy. Dad spent 6 days in hospital. No visitors. He's ok now. Mother and brother had mild symptoms.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:51 pm

Have not had it, did get first shot Wednesday this week - a little soreness for one day. Second shot scheduled. Pfizer
Bring Your A Game!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:36 pm

It was Christmas present for the wife and I. Believe we got it the week or so before holiday. We had visitors come up to Potomac. We decided to travel over to DC to walk around monuments since everything is close for entry. Did not realize there were ongoing rallies for the former president going on during that time. Needless to say, no one in the rallies were social distancing or wearing a mask. Although we tried to keep our social distancing, it was inevitable in some cases. Cannot confirm that was the source, however, we have not been out and I had been working from home for a while. Worst fatigue I have ever had for 3 or 4 days. No aches, just tired like I could barely get out of bed. Other symptoms were headache, cough, no sense of taste or smell, and dehydration. Continue to have cough but not as bad as end of last year.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:39 pm

Thanks for sharing fellas....I think all of this gives us a frame of reference. I know two of my clients who passed, 1 intubated for 2 weeks before death. It wasn’t pretty.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:44 pm

Whole family had it during Christmas. I had fever for less than a day and fatigue for three days. Son lost his taste and smell for a week, no other symptoms. Wife had a headache for a couple of days and lost taste and smell for a week.

Because of where we work, we were basically forced to get the vaccine. It was worse than the virus for me and my wife. We both had headaches and body aches for several days after.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:13 pm

Thanks China! You tried to kill me, however, I'm a tough ol hillbilly! FU!!!

ASU84

Unread post by ASU84 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:19 pm

Very surprised that I have not gotten the virus. I am a paramedic and have treated more positive patients than I want to remember, both the anxiety ridden thru the very sick(ftd) that I have used cpap on and intubated as well as have done CPR on. Trying to keep my 9 year old special needs son healthy is a tall order since I am an only parent. I have had the Moderna vaccine, first and second injections on 12/23 and 1/21. Sore arm 1-2 days each time. My EMS partner however had 1.5 days of body aches, fever, fatigue and nausea as well as my 33 year old son who is a paramedic. I would be ok with never treating or doing CPR on any covid patient ever again.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:59 pm

Wife, 2 youngest kids and myself had it. We have no clue how.

She was the only one tested. Migraine was her symptom, it wouldn’t go away so she went to urgent care where rapid test was positive. Wife had pain while breathing day after positive test went to ER but oxygen level never got low. Her fatigue last over 2 weeks.

Kids were only 1-2 days of light symptoms. Youngest threw up once. Middle kid had a light fever for a day.

Mine was just body aches and sniffles. And tired. Lasted 3-4 days mostly. Fatigue lasted a little longer. Little shocking as I am diabetic and have some asthma.

I just got the first Pfizer shot yesterday.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:20 am

I noticed that the AMA and New England Journal of Medicine have now reversed their position on HCQ.

https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/ ... dendum.pdf

https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9 ... 2/fulltext

In addition Facebook has also apologized/said they made a mistake for censuring any comments promoting HCQ as a viable treatment for COVID.

https://oversightboard.com/news/325131 ... 06-fb-fbr/

It appears this could have drastically reduced the impact of this pandemic in severity and fatalities.

I hope everyone on this board weathers this well and gets through this healthy in the end.
Last edited by AtlAppMan on Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:41 am

haven't had the 'Rona yet. Got my 1st round of vaccination a couple wks ago...it was Pfizer brand.

Only a little tired the day after the shot. Otherwise, no other symptoms.

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:42 am

Nice timing AMA!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”