Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

COVID Discussion

Mjohn1988
School: Appalachian State

Re: COVID Discussion

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:44 am

appdaze wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:29 pm
AppDub wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:21 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:52 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:45 pm
I didn’t put this here to debate treatments or 2nd guess agencies or the government. My hope was by sharing the experiences we could see the myriad of effects and understand better how serious this is.
Any controversial subject like COVID/China Virus will eventually lead to a political discussion. Just drop the whole thread and stick to App State Football.
Amen
He knows it all to well. Don't be fooled by the feigned motivations for creating such a thread. :roll:
And “no” still doesn’t mean no

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:52 am

As far as I know I haven't had it, although I had a really bad virus in January of last year. Have not had an antibody test.

Have had an employee at work get it and had mild symptoms and lost his sense of taste and smell. He isolated/quarantined until his doctor said it was okay to come back.

I know a lot of people that have had it. I have known people that passed away from it. Of the people that I've known that passed away some had underlying conditions and others did not. This ones really weird the way it affects some people and not others. I also think it is mutating naturally and not necessarily coming from anywhere else (for instance the UK variant or African variant).

I live in Brunswick County and we have a very high population of persons 65 and older. Not sure when we will catch up on vaccines, but people having appointments for vaccination into May.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:07 am

Longrifle28 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:52 am
As far as I know I haven't had it, although I had a really bad virus in January of last year. Have not had an antibody test.

Have had an employee at work get it and had mild symptoms and lost his sense of taste and smell. He isolated/quarantined until his doctor said it was okay to come back.

I know a lot of people that have had it. I have known people that passed away from it. Of the people that I've known that passed away some had underlying conditions and others did not. This ones really weird the way it affects some people and not others. I also think it is mutating naturally and not necessarily coming from anywhere else (for instance the UK variant or African variant).

I live in Brunswick County and we have a very high population of persons 65 and older. Not sure when we will catch up on vaccines, but people having appointments for vaccination into May.
Unrelated but I was born and raised in Holden, I don't see many Apps down that way so cheers.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:14 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:44 am
appdaze wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:29 pm
AppDub wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:21 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:52 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:45 pm
I didn’t put this here to debate treatments or 2nd guess agencies or the government. My hope was by sharing the experiences we could see the myriad of effects and understand better how serious this is.
Any controversial subject like COVID/China Virus will eventually lead to a political discussion. Just drop the whole thread and stick to App State Football.
Amen
He knows it all to well. Don't be fooled by the feigned motivations for creating such a thread. :roll:
And “no” still doesn’t mean no
It does. This thread has not gotten political yet.

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:47 am

I appreciate the topic; thanks for posting Rekdiver. I've wondered what others have seen among their friends, etc. Personally, I've known several people to have it ranging from very mild, almost asymptomatic to severe illness; fortunately no one close has died. One cousin had it, he's an ultra-marathoner and about the most kick-ass athlete I know; he never went to the hospital but for two days his wife was on a schedule calling the hospital regularly to provide his temperature and other symptoms....he was in the bed for 3 weeks and says he's never been close to being that sick before. He's 54 with no underlying conditions. As has been said this virus is weird. Prior to that, my GP warned me not to shrug off the virus (I had been very careful but was getting tired of the whole thing), she said the office had a range of Covid patients who they were still treating for residual issues 3 months after the infection. And, a friend of mine's 17 year old son who had Covid wasn't cleared to play Lacrosse this season because of heart abnormalities likely related to the illness.

I tell you, I think messing with this stuff is like playing Russian Roulette with a 20 round revolver.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:17 pm

My girlfriend and I both had mild cases in December. She had 1-2 days of very mild flu-like symptoms and lost her taste/smell for about a week. I had rolling periods of mild congestion over 5 days and did not experience any other symptoms.

After having mild symptoms during the infection our main concern was lingering respiratory damage. She has returned to her daily workouts and together we have been very active with a week of snowboarding in CO and lots of backpacking and hiking since recovering. It's anecdotal, but we haven't noticed any decrease in respiratory health through these activities. I am 30 and she is 28 and our experience seems to be typical for those in our age group who do not have underlying conditions, but we all know that there are always outliers.

I have an aunt and several neighbors back home who have been hospitalized due to COVID but have recovered. All of them are in their 60's.
appdaze wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:53 pm
Best masks you have found.
My girlfriend works for an Adidas athletics department so we have a ton of these masks. They are the most comfortable that I have worn, by far.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:15 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:17 pm
My girlfriend and I both had mild cases in December. She had 1-2 days of very mild flu-like symptoms and lost her taste/smell for about a week. I had rolling periods of mild congestion over 5 days and did not experience any other symptoms.

After having mild symptoms during the infection our main concern was lingering respiratory damage. She has returned to her daily workouts and together we have been very active with a week of snowboarding in CO and lots of backpacking and hiking since recovering. It's anecdotal, but we haven't noticed any decrease in respiratory health through these activities. I am 30 and she is 28 and our experience seems to be typical for those in our age group who do not have underlying conditions, but we all know that there are always outliers.

I have an aunt and several neighbors back home who have been hospitalized due to COVID but have recovered. All of them are in their 60's.
appdaze wrote:
tilo these

My girlfriend works for an Adidas athletics department so we have a ton of these masks. They are the most comfortable that I have worn, by far.
Ask her if adidas makes very similar masks to these l-3-pack/H08837.html]these masks[/url] but in lower qualities of fabric and/or of construction. Amazon is selling a "look-alike" mask that they claim to be washable while keeping its shape and sharp-looking logo. Reviewers state, however, that the mask loses its shape after several washings and that the logo begins to peel away during the first washing.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:15 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:17 pm

appdaze wrote:
tilo these

Ask her if adidas makes very similar masks to these [https://www.adidas.com/us/face-covers-m ... 08837.html] but in lower qualities of fabric and/or of construction. Amazon is selling a "look-alike" mask that they claim to be washable while keeping its shape and sharp-looking logo. Reviewers state, however, that the mask loses its shape after several washings and that the logo begins to peel away during the first washing.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

PoplarHillApp

Unread post by PoplarHillApp » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:09 pm

My fiancée and I both had it starting Christmas Eve. Severe body aches and complete exhaustion for over a week, as well as a slight fever and minor common-cold symptoms. I lost sense of taste and smell for about a week, fiancée lost sense of smell and still doesn't have it back after a month. We are both still lacking energy but are just powering through trying to get back to normal.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:34 pm

Nobody in my household has had it, but several in my extended family have. The most severe was my father in law who was hospitalized. He developed pneumonia from it and already has congestive heart disease so we thought we would lose him, but he actually recovered. My mother has had the first shot. My wife has had both shots (health care provider). Neither of them had side effects from the first one but my wife felt sick today after having her second shot yesterday. Significant pain in her arm, fatigue and mild flu-like symptoms.

appbud

Unread post by appbud » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:20 pm

I had it toward the end of July. Only 2 days of body aches but sense of smell didn't come back until late October. Both my parents
have had both of their vaccination shots with no issues.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”