Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Pierre Banks establishes scholarship

moonshine
School: Appalachian State

Pierre Banks establishes scholarship

Unread post by moonshine » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:53 pm

I encourage everyone who has the means to help contribute no matter the amount, whether it's $10 to pay homage to his JMU fumble recovery on the 10 yard line or $31 to represent his jersey number or $275 for each tackle PB made in the black and gold.

"Now, Banks has found yet another way to give back to his alma mater.

Recently, as part of A Mountaineer Impact, A Drive for Excellence, he established the Deloras and John A. Banks Sr. Opportunity Scholarship. Named in honor of his late mother and father, it is being created to help App State student-athletes of color who don't have full scholarships — meaning student-athletes with partial scholarships and walk-ons alike are eligible.

Banks plans to make an annual contribution to the Deloras and John A. Banks Sr. Opportunity Scholarship, but other App State supporters are also encouraged to help him in his efforts to make sure the student-athletes of this era have a college experience that resembles the rewarding one for which he remains thankful.

For those interested in teaming up with Banks to assist App State student-athletes, contact the Yosef Club at yosefclub@appstate.edu or 828-262-3108."

https://appstatesports.com/news/2020/10 ... rship.aspx
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

NavyApp

Re: Pierre Banks establishes scholarship

Unread post by NavyApp » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:53 am

Pierre is so special! I truly believe that our institution has benefited from Pierre as much as he has benefited from it. On the field, in the classroom, in the community Pierre has made an impact! The best part is he is continuing to make an impact!!!!!!
FREQS AND GEEKS!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:31 pm

Had the privilege of meeting and talking with Pierre's mother back during one of the seasons of a championship run. She told me how many children she had, but in addition she was directly AND indirectly helping raise some others as she had a high echelon position in administration of Head Start. I say indirectly/directly due to the fact that she took one or more under her wing that were not a direct part of her job. Pierre, she alluded, was one of the role models of that "family." Since we can't do anything specific for Pierre's mother after her passing; anything we can do will help preserve her memory for others to recognize and view as a role model for those whose life they touched. Pierre knows more than anyone what she did for him and his siblings as well as her job related duties but it is nice for everyone who comes across Pierre's and App's name to consider what Pierre did for App, what App did for Pierre, and what his mother's influence had on all. For me, I can financially afford very little, but hopefully this little paragraph will open the eyes a bit of how Pierre's mother's sacrifice benefited way beyond just Pierre.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:24 am

Pierre Banks has been a class act since the day he set foot on the App State campus, and I'm sure long before that. He makes me proud to be a Mountaineer!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”