Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Which is the best side of...Campus. East vs West

appdaze

Which is the best side of...Campus. East vs West

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:19 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Which is the best side of...Campus. East vs West

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:37 pm

I never minded the walk from Bowie or Frank with the exception of the steps to the tunnel, and that was generally never an issue, except in the most extreme of weather. To Rankin Science it may have been a few steps closer and for majors in Garwood west side would certainly be closer. I think the issue is not food and King St but what building is ones major housed, if shorter walking distance is the objective.

I was in east side dorms a few times in summer school and summer programs. Seemed to hear more cars and traffic at night.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:49 pm

Was in Mountaineer Apartments up Bodenheimer. We called it marriage housing. My life was all in the business building. It was convenient to King Street up Depot St. We enjoyed it. The apts no longer exist.
It was tough walking up Bodenheimer in extreme weather conditions. Being that it was up a hill and a curve, there were no real areas to get off of the concrete on to the grass when icy. One of humorous memories....One afternoon, the road up and concrete sidewalk was a sheet of ice. It was windy. I did not have classes that day, however, my wife did. She comes through the door looking extremely tired..tears rolling down her face. She gave me the story of trying to get up the sidewalk and sliding back down the hill three different times before she made it up to the apt... I tried not to laugh too much. She even laughs about it today....
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:41 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:49 pm
Was in Mountaineer Apartments up Bodenheimer. We called it marriage housing. My life was all in the business building. It was convenient to King Street up Depot St. We enjoyed it. The apts no longer exist.
It was tough walking up Bodenheimer in extreme weather conditions. Being that it was up a hill and a curve, there were no real areas to get off of the concrete on to the grass when icy. One of humorous memories....One afternoon, the road up and concrete sidewalk was a sheet of ice. It was windy. I did not have classes that day, however, my wife did. She comes through the door looking extremely tired..tears rolling down her face. She gave me the story of trying to get up the sidewalk and sliding back down the hill three different times before she made it up to the apt... I tried not to laugh too much. She even laughs about it today....
What is there now if not apts? And when did this change occur. Those buildings are fairly recent.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:43 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:41 pm
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
What is there now if not apts? And when did this change occur. Those buildings are fairly recent.
I believe 1977 was speaking of the original Mountaineer Apts. They were torn down for what's there now.
WE ARE YOSEF!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:02 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:41 pm
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
I believe the apts that are there now are new. I believe the ones we stayed in are gone as taken up by some of the new rec center.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”