Article on recent unpleasantness

T-Dog

Article on recent unpleasantness

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:14 pm

https://www.nsfwcorp.com/dispatch/shut- ... 7300a0732/

About the football rape cases, the Jammie Price situation and more.

skjellyfetti

Re: Article on recent unpleasantness

Unread post by skjellyfetti » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:27 pm

Which student athletes accused of rape weren't kicked out of school? What more can the school do?

None of them were charged with a crime, correct? Why isn't there outrage directed at Jerry Wilson... who still hasn't filed criminal charges? I mean, the criminal justice system is actually equipped to deal with allegations of serious crimes... seems like a logical place to handle rape cases... but, I dunno.
Last edited by skjellyfetti on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:33 pm

Found this about Ms Price from her former boss at UNCW.

http://townhall.com/columnists/mikeadam ... page/full/

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Here in South Florida, FAU is going thru a similar case with a professor, he wanted as a social experiment for his students to write the name of Jesus Christ on a piece of paper, then throw it on the ground, and stomp on it. Students complained he was suspended, and now the facility is protesting, on the grounds of that he is being sensored, which violates his freedom of speech in teaching the way he sees fit. Personally, I have no problem with a teacher trying to open the minds of students by showing them a new way of looking at things, but, you also have a responsibilty to teach in a way that doesnt offend the students. As far as Price, the biggest mistake we made was hiring her.

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:02 pm

I'm very familiar with the whole situation (I hear about it EVERY DAY) and even know Ms. Price's ex husband but after a bad day posting yesterday I think I will sit this one out and stick to the recruiting pages. :roll:

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:29 pm

I read the nsfw article.. Well written and artfully spun. Life in the academic bubble plays by a different set of rules than we do in the real world. :roll: The UNC system is evaluating how allegations of rape are handled andcseem headed toward referral to the legal system where it should be. As for a professor thar chooses to offend rather that create an atmosphere of tolerance and learning like Dr Price did ....well she got what she deserved.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”