Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

University Commercials

AppWyo
School: Appalachian State

Re: University Commercials

Unread post by AppWyo » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:37 pm

Hot, Hot, Hot, is an inside joke for App when you know it is really Cold, Cold, Cold, Windy, Wet, and Frozen at times.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:58 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:42 pm
Bootsy wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:41 pm
NewApp wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:25 am
Bootsy wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:24 am
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:14 pm
Could be better, but definitely not as bad as...

I can say with a high degree of confidence that every single aspect of this video is the definition of "cringe."
My shame after viewing it today is utter, abject and complete...just as it was the day I first watched it, all those years ago.

I feel so completely ill that I'm calling in sick to work today. Thanks, folks.
This video was targeted for older donors. It wasn't meant for idiots from rival schools on message boards.
Are your pointed comments are aimed at me? Is it that hard to see sarcasm in my remarks?

BTW, I am a 1993 App State grad.
Was not directed at anybody in particular, just those from rival schools who made a corny humorous issue out of it as if the video defined us. Since you are not an idiot and not from a rival school, it didn't apply to you nor anyone else on this board unless they are incognito rival fans. Happy belated St Patrick's day.
All good, man. I think it's a hilarious commercial, no matter how many times I see it.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:04 pm

Every school has something silly, stupid, or pointless they do that rivals pick on. It’s what makes rivalries good. Imagine if we all suddenly stopped making fun of Georgia Southern’s gnat infested drainage ditch they’re so proud of or stopped reminding UNCC that the second C really stands for Concord…or that Grady Davis kept their buns football coach around for another year or two. Ours is a silly internal video.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:04 pm

Still vomit inducing.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:10 am

Bootsy wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:24 am
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:14 pm
Could be better, but definitely not as bad as...

I can say with a high degree of confidence that every single aspect of this video is the definition of "cringe."
My shame after viewing it today is utter, abject and complete...just as it was the day I first watched it, all those years ago.

I feel so completely ill that I'm calling in sick to work today. Thanks, folks.
You just got to own this. I embrace this video now.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:12 am

How much do you think the Athletics Department would charge the Recruitment office to produce a video.? I could be wrong, and maybe I am being a bit overly cynical, but I would be surprised if the Athletic Department did NOT put a big price tag on it as a way to transfer money to athletics.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:05 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:12 am
How much do you think the Athletics Department would charge the Recruitment office to produce a video.? I could be wrong, and maybe I am being a bit overly cynical, but I would be surprised if the Athletic Department did NOT put a big price tag on it as a way to transfer money to athletics.
The Athletic Department doesn't pay the kids who make the videos so why should they charge for it?

The University could just ask the kids to do it.

They all use their own equipment because the athletic department's are crappy. Between them all they have tens of thousands of their own $$$ invested in the camera equipment, drones, video stabilizers, super high end computers and programs.

A fair amount of the social media stuff that the kids shoot and make ends up on the University's social media platforms.

Our peers offer scholarships for this work, but not AppState....

Sorry to rant, but you struck a nerve McLeansville.....

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:07 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:05 am
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:12 am
The Athletic Department doesn't pay the kids who make the videos so why should they charge for it?

The University could just ask the kids to do it.

They all use their own equipment because the athletic department's are crappy. Between them all they have tens of thousands of their own $$$ invested in the camera equipment, drones, video stabilizers, super high end computers and programs.

A fair amount of the social media stuff that the kids shoot and make ends up on the University's social media platforms.

Our peers offer scholarships for this work, but not AppState....

Sorry to rant, but you struck a nerve McLeansville.....
I was not aware it was done for free. Even more reason I would expect the AThlete Depar to try and squeeze money from other areas of the university.

I think the videos are great and I am not trying to completely bash the officials in the athletic dept, but they have bills to pay and coaches salaries are what they are.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:47 pm

Historically, there was a basic minimum wage pay for a small amount of the hours. Then 2020 came along.....

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:54 pm

All joking aside...this video is an absolute gem. Legit recruiting tool or not, they couldn't have created a better spoof video if they tried.

Definitely good medicine for tough days when I need to laugh like a crazy person.

yosef95

Unread post by yosef95 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:51 pm

I beg all of you to never post that atrocious hot hot video. Let it die. Dont repost it. The last few modern ones are kinda weak too. Hire whoever does the FB videos

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:28 am

yosef95 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:51 pm
I beg all of you to never post that atrocious hot hot video. Let it die. Dont repost it. The last few modern ones are kinda weak too. Hire whoever does the FB videos
I disagree...I think we should petition the University Bookstore to stock "Appalachian is HOT HOT HOT" t-shirts and other relevant apparel. Will definitely be a hot item.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:32 am

yosef95 wrote:
I'm amazed that the Hot Hot Hot thing still pops up. I never acknowledge it when I see it because it's just a pathetic attempt at smack for anyone who reaches back 17 years to get their material. It died long ago as far as I'm concerned.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:42 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:32 am
yosef95 wrote:
I'm amazed that the Hot Hot Hot thing still pops up. I never acknowledge it when I see it because it's just a pathetic attempt at smack for anyone who reaches back 17 years to get their material. It died long ago as far as I'm concerned.
Appalachian after HHH:
Three I-AA/FCS Championships
34-32
Unprecedented run of SoCon Championships
Most successful transition from FCS to FBS in history
Four Sun Belt Championships
Won first six bowl games
Wins over UNC-CH and South Carolina in football in the same season
Achieved top 25 rankings in three seasons (finished ranked in 2019 and 26th twice)

That just scratches the surface in football and doesn't touch the rest of the University.

All told...it's a fair trade.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:17 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:42 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:32 am
yosef95 wrote:
Appalachian after HHH:
Three I-AA/FCS Championships
34-32
Unprecedented run of SoCon Championships
Most successful transition from FCS to FBS in history
Four Sun Belt Championships
Won first six bowl games
Wins over UNC-CH and South Carolina in football in the same season
Achieved top 25 rankings in three seasons (finished ranked in 2019 and 26th twice)

That just scratches the surface in football and doesn't touch the rest of the University.

All told...it's a fair trade.
All very true. I never got upset about it in the first place. It was cheesy, but wasn't produced for publication in the first place. It was all part of the "welcome" for the new Chancellor Peacock, so given that it is associated with that event, it certainly ushered in some great trends for App State!

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:11 pm

If it were HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT, would we have won 4 national championships?

Blackshirt68

Unread post by Blackshirt68 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:10 am

Maybe the university will film our crowds at football games and give it to the NC Electric Cooperative for their commercial at App games. It’s embarrassing to have them show clips of Tennessee crowds at our games.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”