Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Drone view of stadium area

HighlandsApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Drone view of stadium area

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu May 19, 2022 10:13 am

appst89 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:36 am
HighlandsApp wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:33 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:26 pm
HighlandsApp wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:54 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 3:12 pm

You're right. As I was typing I was thinking about the Duck Pond and the could-have-been-but-never-was green space that was the old stadium lot.
In the late 1980's Duck Pond Field was twice as big. The reduced sized DPF was always brown mud.....

It's really going to be awesome once Bowie and Gardener are a real parking lot with trees.
I honestly don't remember DPF being bigger or at least not twice as big in the late 80s. I was in Bowie in 1988-89 and Frank the next year so I walked by there all the time. I also admit to having some less than positive memories I have mentioned before, either here or on the old Delphi forum, related to DPF and I may have a bit of a memory block.
I was in Bowie in 1985-86 8th floor. Terrible terrible place.

The DPF went all the way up to Stadium and further down to the Duck Pond. They built a small extension to stadium lot on upper side and then the construction of Trivett took up some of the lower side. It was a size of a field back then.
I was in Gardener for two years; 85-86 and 86-87. Tiny rooms.

We played flag football games on DPF before it was downsized.
Yeah I remember it was the size of a field rather than a half field that it became when my kids were there they said by October November it was just a mud pit for the rest of the year because of overuse.

Gardener and Coltrane were luxurious with sweet private baths and showers compared to Bowie. It's one thing to have a giant open locker room shower to use after middle school and high school gym but as your regular bathing regime having a generally always nasty open shower sure wasn't a good way to start or end a day.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu May 19, 2022 2:20 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:13 am
appst89 wrote:
HighlandsApp wrote:
HighlandsApp wrote:

In the late 1980's Duck Pond Field was twice as big. The reduced sized DPF was always brown mud.....

It's really going to be awesome once Bowie and Gardener are a real parking lot with trees.
I honestly don't remember DPF being bigger or at least not twice as big in the late 80s. I was in Bowie in 1988-89 and Frank the next year so I walked by there all the time. I also admit to having some less than positive memories I have mentioned before, either here or on the old Delphi forum, related to DPF and I may have a bit of a memory block.

The DPF went all the way up to Stadium and further down to the Duck Pond. They built a small extension to stadium lot on upper side and then the construction of Trivett took up some of the lower side. It was a size of a field back then.

Yeah I remember it was the size of a field rather than a half field that it became when my kids were there they said by October November it was just a mud pit for the rest of the year because of overuse.

Gardener and Coltrane were luxurious with sweet private baths and showers compared to Bowie. It's one thing to have a giant open locker room shower to use after middle school and high school gym but as your regular bathing regime having a generally always nasty open shower sure wasn't a good way to start or end a day.
I remember private showers in Bowie. 3rd floor at least. Shower and bath was right in the middle of the floor.

I could be confusing private showers and private showers field but I don't think so this time.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu May 19, 2022 2:41 pm

Thu May 19, 2022 2:20 pm
HighlandsApp wrote:
appst89 wrote:
HighlandsApp wrote:

I remember private showers in Bowie. 3rd floor at least. Shower and bath was right in the middle of the floor.

I could be confusing private showers and private showers field but I don't think so this time.
Bowie had showers with curtains when I was there. 3rd floor as well.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Thu May 19, 2022 2:52 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 2:41 pm
HighlandsApp wrote:
appst89 wrote:
HighlandsApp wrote:

Bowie had showers with curtains when I was there. 3rd floor as well.
Bowie 3rd floor had no curtains in 1980.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu May 19, 2022 3:48 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
appst89 wrote:
HighlandsApp wrote:

8th floor had a 12 by 12 tiled shower with a six or 8 shower heads no stalls curtain into the rest of the bathroom was usually missing

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu May 19, 2022 5:08 pm

So basically you could take a dump and then just stand jump and shower off all in one place. You guys are saying it was more efficient from a space utilization perspective than today's living quarters.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Fri May 20, 2022 8:30 am

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:40 am
fjblair wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:57 am
PhillyApp1 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 12:57 pm
CUPS WITH ICE !!!

THE BIGGEST ADVANCEMENT SINCE ....?

😉
I'm still salty about that ordeal. One of the most incredibly stupid things I've ever witnessed.
Fj
It's a long ago mistake..... peace be with you and your memories.... let go of the negative past .... our leadership will never go back

Listen to the ice banging in the plastic cup 😁
Thanks, I'm now starting to finally find peace. The cupless and iceless warm drinks are becoming a distant memory.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue May 24, 2022 8:53 am

appst89 wrote:
HighlandsApp wrote:
HighlandsApp wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 3:12 pm

You're right. As I was typing I was thinking about the Duck Pond and the could-have-been-but-never-was green space that was the old stadium lot.

I still wonder how your giant self fit into Gardner. I’m 1/4 of your size and was cramped.
Give 'em hell!

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Tue May 24, 2022 9:03 am

Justice only had 1 restroom with multiple stalls and 1 shower room with multiple shower heads with no curtains on each hallway. We still thought we were in luxury because we had sinks in our room.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Tue May 24, 2022 11:03 am

Duck Pond Field before the Trivet was built you had upper and lower Duck Pond Field. After the Trivet was built, you just had Duck Pond Field. Now you just have the Duck Pond, without the fountain.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”