Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Original NIL Discussion

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Original NIL Discussion

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:57 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:52 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:41 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:23 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:56 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:32 am
NIL is becoming a necessary evil to compete. If we don’t keep up then it will affect wins and losses on the field. I get that most on here seem to grasp that when it comes to basketball, but are you willing to accept it if it affects football?
NIL is not an evil if done right. What we are seeing is pay to play and calling it NIL is just not fair. What Ryan Burger had was a NIL deal but that is not what we are seeing with these basketball players and some football players.

I am 100% willing to accept losing in football if we refuse to move down. I wanted us in FBS but if we can't compete here with our budget then maybe we should move back down. With inflation and all that is going on I just can't justify spending even more money on our program.
All of what you said is rational and cogent. But not everyone is going to feel that way. We have a very vocal and passionate fanbase that loves to bitch and moan about results but aren’t interested in putting skin in the game.
I want results when I see the talent on the field and I am passionate about our program but I will admit I am losing some of that passion when I see a day like yesterday. For those who are standing up for pay to play and so passionate then I suggest they donate massive money. If they can't donate the millions we need to keep up in facilities arms race and keep players from going to power leagues then they should relax and accept what happens. I am fully ready to accept it. This is a results business though so that is why I say I would not like it but accept moving down if we can't financially sustain this level. Things have changed since we moved up and I do think there are a lot of schools who might need to move back down. There is a huge divide right now in football and basketball between power programs and mid-majors/G5.
With this new a TIGMA endeavor, there will be plenty of ways to contribute without donating. I was really impressed with what they have going on and what they expect in terms of growth. If anyone is interested, there is an interview on 24/7 with the ED of SANIL. It’s a good read on not only App, but how NIL is part of the new college landscape.
I did see there was an interview but have not checked it out yet. I will this afternoon. I would love to see an interview with Kerns on the season though. Do you think they will post one once Kerns' status is 100% set for the upcoming season?

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:06 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:57 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:52 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:41 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:23 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:56 am

NIL is not an evil if done right. What we are seeing is pay to play and calling it NIL is just not fair. What Ryan Burger had was a NIL deal but that is not what we are seeing with these basketball players and some football players.

I am 100% willing to accept losing in football if we refuse to move down. I wanted us in FBS but if we can't compete here with our budget then maybe we should move back down. With inflation and all that is going on I just can't justify spending even more money on our program.
All of what you said is rational and cogent. But not everyone is going to feel that way. We have a very vocal and passionate fanbase that loves to bitch and moan about results but aren’t interested in putting skin in the game.
I want results when I see the talent on the field and I am passionate about our program but I will admit I am losing some of that passion when I see a day like yesterday. For those who are standing up for pay to play and so passionate then I suggest they donate massive money. If they can't donate the millions we need to keep up in facilities arms race and keep players from going to power leagues then they should relax and accept what happens. I am fully ready to accept it. This is a results business though so that is why I say I would not like it but accept moving down if we can't financially sustain this level. Things have changed since we moved up and I do think there are a lot of schools who might need to move back down. There is a huge divide right now in football and basketball between power programs and mid-majors/G5.
With this new a TIGMA endeavor, there will be plenty of ways to contribute without donating. I was really impressed with what they have going on and what they expect in terms of growth. If anyone is interested, there is an interview on 24/7 with the ED of SANIL. It’s a good read on not only App, but how NIL is part of the new college landscape.
I did see there was an interview but have not checked it out yet. I will this afternoon. I would love to see an interview with Kerns on the season though. Do you think they will post one once Kerns' status is 100% set for the upcoming season?
I don't think you'll see an interview of Kerns on 247.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:08 pm

https://x.com/yosefclub/status/17726704 ... 3hJ5cku44g

https://x.com/yosefclub/status/17723241 ... 3hJ5cku44g

We can’t even spell check graphics (DEADLJNE) and place locations over the correct spot. It’s nit picking, but this is embarrassing. How does this get sent out?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”