DonorsChoose.org for App Alumnus

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

DonorsChoose.org for App Alumnus

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Both Yosef and appst89 gave me permission to post this. MMB came through last year, and I am asking for twice as much this year and I hate to have to ask for the dollar amount I am asking. However, my Physics class is almost 3 times bigger this year and I am proud of that, but I have some immediate needs due to that.

I think every one of my DonorsChoose projects has had some matching funds from corporations with ties to North Carolina, so even a small donation can turn in to a larger donation with the matching dollars that could happen. After the link I will mention some App connections.

http://www.donorschoose.org/project/lap ... cs/861847/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

App Connections:
I graduated from ASU Physics and Astronomy (just like Corey Lynch :D )

The modeling I mention in the link above is something that Patty Blanton (ASU Physics and retired Watauga High Physics teacher) is much involved with. In fact she will be visiting me on Monday and throughout the year to offer advice and support.

In some back-and-forth communications on which folder to place this post in, appstate89 mentioned that this would be helpful to future Apps and that is true. One student mentioned to me yesterday that she was trying for early admission to App. Another student has a mom that works at my school and she mentioned today that her child is interested in App.

Last year MMB helped with the one laptop, which is getting great use with students during the day and with Astronomy activities as well, often using App loaned telescopes. The laptop is sporting a Block "A" on the back panel, and last year it came to the school's rescue during some staff dev. An Assistant Principal needed to show a DVD for a few minutes and was having trouble. I offer my laptop and made her point out the block "A" to the faculty, and she is a WCU grad.

Any help is truly appreciated. Your help last year and about $12,000 in various grants I have worked to receive over the last three years has helped drive up my enrollment in Physics. It is a great thing, but does bring with it some other issues of equipment needs.

And as last year, if MMB helps with this you can be assured I will have a block "A" all over the laptops. If you can give, you can make a note about MMB or YC and I will know what it means.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”