Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Lost Province Brewpub open in Boone

appdaze

Lost Province Brewpub open in Boone

Unread post by appdaze » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:42 am

appbio91
School: Appalachian State

Re: Lost Province Brewpub open in Boone

Unread post by appbio91 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:13 am

I have been watching for this place to open. I can't wait to check it out!! Hopefully another great local option in Boone.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:04 am

ALL those trips to Blowing Rock just to grab a beer...this is just not fair........

appyirish

Unread post by appyirish » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:19 pm

Looking forward to some gameday Brown Ales!

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:59 pm

Lost Province.

It's not AMB and vice versa. They have two completely different clienteles. If you want the higher end food, go to Lost Province and bring your credit card. If you prefer a more relaxed atmosphere and better beer, head to AMB. Lost Province is in downtown Boone, but it's misplaced. It's more of a Blowing Rock-esque restaurant.

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:32 pm

Had a couple of beers and a pretzel there Saturday before Fan Fest.

I actually enjoyed and think they have a niche that will fit nicely. It is not AMB or the TAPP Room. But if you want fresh ingredients and cooked in front of you pizza and salads.....you are at the right place. A little something for everyone.

Sam the Manager is very football savvy, and the whole waitstaff was really nice. Sam's a Georgia fan brought up in Sanford Stadium. I think they are there to do this right.....and frankly think they just might make it!
Go APPS!

AUHornet
School: Auburn

Unread post by AUHornet » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:03 am

asutrnr81 wrote:Had a couple of beers and a pretzel there Saturday before Fan Fest.

I actually enjoyed and think they have a niche that will fit nicely. It is not AMB or the TAPP Room. But if you want fresh ingredients and cooked in front of you pizza and salads.....you are at the right place. A little something for everyone.

Sam the Manager is very football savvy, and the whole waitstaff was really nice. Sam's a Georgia fan brought up in Sanford Stadium. I think they are there to do this right.....and frankly think they just might make it!
asutrnr81, we were there as well at that time. Enjoyed sitting on the outside porch! Tried both their ESB and Dry Stout - very good. The staff was very nice and brought my wife some samples to try. Flatbread was great as well. The waitress said they will adding more beers as they go along. We will definitely be back!

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:54 am

We visited them on Sunday and tried their IPA, Belgian and Cream with their pretzels and a small pizza. The IPA was very much to my liking (had 2) while I'm not a big fan of the other two. Neither is my forte so I can't really judge. The people with me like them. My son (24) really enjoyed their pizza and the pretzels were good for something different.

It is kind of pricey (the pizza doesn't seem too high until you see that everything is an add on). Beer runs $5 per 16 oz. which is about normal.

I don't think it's going to be a place that kids go to get drunk or fill up with food, but it would be a nice place to go and relax, talk and chill out. They don't have NFL ticket but do have TV's for the games on regular tv.

Staff was friendly, always a plus.

It's good see Boone getting some options, not everyones taste is the same.

Hopefully one day there will be a brewpub within every block of downtown. I'd like to take the title of beer city from Asheville.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:35 am

I'll give Lost Province some credit. Went late on Friday night out of necessity. Pizza was better second time around and finally was able to try their beers. Doughton's Dry Stout was good, but wasnt a fan of the Cream Ale. Compard to AMB, $5 for a pint hurts. AMB's prices vary, but the avg is probably aroud $4 to $4.50

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:43 pm

bigCasu wrote:I'll give Lost Province some credit. Went late on Friday night out of necessity. Pizza was better second time around and finally was able to try their beers. Doughton's Dry Stout was good, but wasnt a fan of the Cream Ale. Compard to AMB, $5 for a pint hurts. AMB's prices vary, but the avg is probably aroud $4 to $4.50

I'm just glad Boone has a Brewery or two! I went to Peabody's a few years ago and asked what was their local beer and they said (sadly) "Boone doesn't have a brewery". Needless to say my heart sank as I realized that an area known for self-sufficiency couldn't even provide their own brew. :(

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:24 pm

I went a few weeks ago. We got the Lost Province pizza and it was amazing. I must say I was disappointed with the IPA I got though.

97grad

Unread post by 97grad » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:59 pm

Went Friday before the game for lunch and liked it. The Stout was good and so was the pizza. Good and reasonably priced kids menu, and the atmosphere was nice. For us non-locals, what is AMB?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”