Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

How do you repond to this?

HeffnerIV

Re: How do you repond to this?

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:36 pm

appst89 wrote:
App74 wrote:I was at the game and I was not embarrassed.

I am embarrassed, however, by public comments from Mr. Baughman and Mr. Lynch.
Add the JLJ tweet from yesterday to your list too.
I missed Jamal's connect. Can you refresh?

BeauFoster
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:46 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Kinney Baughman played basketball for Maravich. He was not an athlete. The 3 seasons I had to watch his team were an embarrassment.
Some people just want to be able to park in Stadium Lot 20 minutes before the game, walk up and buy a $10 ticket to see us play Wofford. Change frightens them.
Give 'em hell!

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:51 pm

appst89 wrote:

I don't tweet. Can you share?
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:58 pm

HeffnerIV wrote:
appst89 wrote:

Jamal Londry-Jackson @JLJ_QB12
Just came across Corey Lynch statement about Coach. That's big and takes faith to speak that. That's the kind of person coach was! #Greatest

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:50 pm

I would agree that the answer is "don't respond." Anyone who goes online and vents to that level right after a loss just looks childish. Arguing with them is like arguing with a toddler - neither of you will come away looking good.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:06 pm

appst89 wrote:
HeffnerIV wrote:
appst89 wrote:

Jamal Londry-Jackson @JLJ_QB12
Just came across Corey Lynch statement about Coach. That's big and takes faith to speak that. That's the kind of person coach was! #Greatest
That's not so bad. He did not validate the statement just said took balls to say it. We all know Moore and JLJ had a close relationship. I don't like the dirty laundry airing but it is what happens when organizations undertake big changes. We will get through it but if this year is not at least 500 we will hear even more.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:44 pm

Methinks Kinney doesn't even know who is in the great and wonderful SoCon these days. 2 start ups, and forty eleven small privates with 8,000 seat stadiums that will never sell out again. Sign me up for some of that. And since we love the good ol days so much, hire Roach and Drip. We'll never have to worry about getting to big for our britches or anything else. Forgive me but I think I just channeled Mad Max from the John Boy and Billy show. :lol:

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:04 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Kinney Baughman played basketball for Maravich. He was not an athlete. The 3 seasons I had to watch his team were an embarrassment.

Kinney was recruited by Bob Light and played for both Light in NAIA and Maravich in D-I. He's Dr. Kinney Baughman now and a well-respected member of the ASU faculty. He has a right to his opinion; and a right to express his opinion.

There are, in fact, a LOT of former athletes and a LOT of alumni who feel much the same way Kinney does. I think we should respect their opinions in the hope that at some point they will see things from a different perspective. There nothing to be gained (and much to be lost) by insulting these folks and lambasting them because they disagree with where Appalachian is and where it's headed.

Charlie Cobb managed to leave a large cadry of the Appalachian Family behind with a bad taste in their mouths because of his secrecy, his arrogance and his stand-offishness. The sooner we all start to help mend some fences, the better off our university, our athletic department and our Appalachian Family will be.
Last edited by asu66 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:19 pm

Well said, Chuck. Charlie Cobb's reign has left our fan base extremely divided. It will take a long time and a large measure of understanding from all sides before that divide closes.

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:29 pm

What exactly did lynch say? I can't see it or it's not been discussed.

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:36 pm

Bottom line is we are not going back to the "good old days", to sit there and tell us " I told you so" every time something doesn't go right is idiotic, if a fan or alumi can't except this and move forward supporting the program, then to hell with them, there is a school in the other parts of the mountains who will always be "small time" with no asperations other than just to get by, and to be a part of the SC, let them go support them.

Niner National
School: Charlotte

Unread post by Niner National » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:46 pm

I just wouldn't respond to it. Beat downs happen, especially when you're playing a big time program. App is no lesser of a program because of it.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:52 pm

scatman77 wrote:From Facebook on a public forum this, from former athlete Kinney Baughman:
Shame on you for posting it here scatman77. When people make a whiny bitch ass out of themselves on facebook, it needs to stay on facebook.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:17 pm

66 I don't respect any "respected" member of our faculty who uses Facebook as the forum to air their personal biases in that manner. Its unprofessional and reflects poorly on our institution.

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:45 pm

Rekdiver wrote:66 I don't respect any "respected" member of our faculty who uses Facebook as the forum to air their personal biases in that manner. Its unprofessional and reflects poorly on our institution.
Ding Ding Ding

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:50 pm

The ridiculous rant deserves no response. Our young team was put in a very tough spot yesterday. Sure, I'd liked to have had a better result, but I don't think this week or next,will tell us much about our team. Our story will be told in our conference games and in how much our guys improve over the year.

yosef95

Unread post by yosef95 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:58 pm

My main beef is that App had this incredible 07 win over Michigan..Ok, simply dont ever sheduled them again and always be 1-0. Play anyone...ANYONE else for a payday and it would be acceptable. 100+ teams out there, and we schedule the one team that wants to blow us out more than their rival (ohio st).

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:56 pm

They do have the right to their opinions. But we have the right to bash them and blast them on this forum too. I don't have to respect their backwards line of thinking.

These thoughts from the old times does nothing but hold us back. How dare us get "too big for our britches!" We need to stay in the SoCon forever and play with our peers, such as Mercer, Wofford,and VMI...

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:51 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:Well said, Chuck. Charlie Cobb's reign has left our fan base extremely divided. It will take a long time and a large measure of understanding from all sides before that divide closes.
The onlye divide that CC left our fan base was the re/post '05 fans. The we never did it that way at appalachaian vs. why dont we fans. Did CC do it all right, NO!!!!!!!!! but was he better than before, well that is like tripping over midgets. There is no divide CC and KP brought us out of the dark, hell look at the current SoCon. I am not a CC crotch licker but to say he was a disaster is just not reading facts. Moore could have been gone after 2004 but cc wanted him here in '05 because of budget, that worked out well. FF to '07 and we fund raise to x5 of where we were. Were all the decisions spot on and correct, No, of course not. but those of you who were not around in the RL years have no clue so shut the hell up!!!
This university has completely changed in the past 10 yrs, CC ad KP were at the forefront of that change.THis change is not doubt for the betterment of the whole university, bottom line. It is no longer good enough that we have always done it that way. This is a new day. Dig in you wallets and support this new day!

luvyosef

Unread post by luvyosef » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:37 am

Embarrassing was 1994 vs VMI, 2004 vs Western Carolina, 2013 vs NC A&T. Too many athletes come to Boone and take for four years and then NEVER give back yet still hold an opinion. It's not just here but everywhere also. If you're gonna be part of the problem and not the solution, then to heck with you. We're FBS and that is not changing. Oh and UM will win the BIG this year. Believe that.

Go Apps!
Appalachian State University (Excellence since 1899)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”