Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

How do you repond to this?

Gonzo
School: Appalachian State

Re: How do you repond to this?

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:42 am

Just unfriend all the delusional Jerry Moore groupies.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:03 am

APPARJ wrote:
SpeedkingATL wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:I read a FB post yesterday from a guy who said no App team has ever been so embarrassed as the one that went to UM yesterday. I asked if the guy remembered VPI or Florida and got a ho hum answer. Some people just have an axe to grind, you'll never change their mind.
I could add a couple of games against VMI, Citadel, and WCU that were rather "embarrassing" and those were SoCon games. Yesterdays game would have been played rather App was FBS or not. At this point just support the teams in all sports as the transition will take a little time and effort.
The VT game in '11 is the most embarrassed I've ever been at an App State game.

Random VT fans were actually telling my crew how much love they had for App State to make us feel better.

Zero positive outcomes came from that 2011 VT game. I saw several yesterday despite it being a butt-whooping.

Yes on VT. Michigan not even top 5.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:03 am

Gonzo wrote:Just unfriend all the delusional Jerry Moore groupies.
No one has to be a groupie just because they feel this wasn't handled properly - again, I don't know Coach Moore and I don't Charlie Cobb, however I have been around this world enough to be able to identify a situation that wasn't handled properly - Both Sides must bear some fault ---But this really, really needs to be put to rest as soon as possible!
p.s. - I don't do facebook nor twitter :o
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:22 am

BeauFoster wrote:I read a FB post yesterday from a guy who said no App team has ever been so embarrassed as the one that went to UM yesterday. I asked if the guy remembered VPI or Florida and got a ho hum answer. Some people just have an axe to grind, you'll never change their mind.
The Virginia Tech game was much worse than this. We had a much more experienced team going into that game than this one. I remember Marshall beating us by over 50 back in 1990 in Huntington. How about NC State beating us 52-0 or when Clemson beat us by nearly as many??? There are some people who are so bitter they have lost tocuh with reality.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:29 am

I had the pleasure of being in the stands at UM in 2007 as well as this past Saturday. I was also in the stands at VT. There was nothing - absolutely nothing - embarrassing about the loss at UM Saturday.

I can't wait for this week's home opener! Go App!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Take another Midol Kinney. Loser mentality.
Last edited by TheMoody1 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Watauga72

Unread post by Watauga72 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:42 pm

Truth be told, suspect we ALL thought 2007's game was going to go just like Saturday. We were fortunate that all the stars aligned correctly......other schools recruited Armanti as a receiver, he wanted to play QB.....Coach Moore was willing to overcome years of experience to institute a new offense (to him) that took advantage of Armanti's talents......we had several players that ended up being better than anticipated.

That was a great win, and a great era in ASU football. Things change...div 1-AA is going away eventually, and the SoCon is falling further into small college status, not that we're too big or important, just that we are not a small private school. Time to move on, let's get excited about the future.

Know Kinney, and he's a good person. He's been at ASU for decades, and feels very strongly about the university. Appreciate his comments as coming from his heart. We don't have to agree, but certainly don't have to shoot him for speaking what's on his mind.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:46 pm

asu66 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:Kinney Baughman played basketball for Maravich. He was not an athlete. The 3 seasons I had to watch his team were an embarrassment.

Kinney was recruited by Bob Light and played for both Light in NAIA and Maravich in D-I. He's Dr. Kinney Baughman now and a well-respected member of the ASU faculty. He has a right to his opinion; and a right to express his opinion.

There are, in fact, a LOT of former athletes and a LOT of alumni to feel much the same way Kinney does. I think we should respect their opinions in the hope that at some point they will see things from a different perspective. There nothing to be gained (and much to be lost) by insulting these folks and lambasting them because they disagree with where we are and where we're headed.

Charlie Cobb managed to leave a large cadry of the Appalachian Family behind with a bad taste in their mouths because of his secrecy, his arrogance and his stand-offishness. The sooner we all start to help mend some fences, the better off our university, our athletic department and our Appalachian Family will be.
I've known Kinney from my days in the BKG athletic training room, and I agree that he has a right to his opinion. What bothers me is he is (IMO) criticizing his employer which in any situation is not a good idea. On a side note I hope you're doing well and the health is OK!
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:48 pm

CVAPP wrote:
scatman77 wrote:From Facebook on a public forum this, from former athlete Kinney Baughman:
Shame on you for posting it here scatman77. When people make a whiny bitch ass out of themselves on facebook, it needs to stay on facebook.
Not ashamed here. It was a public forum, and I felt certain that many here may not know Kinney. I was simply looking for other opinions of his opinion. I have yet to, and will not reply to the rant.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:41 pm

Disagreeing with the Moore decision is one thing, letting that manifest its way to criticize other decisions that have little to do with it is another.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:29 pm

Gonzo wrote:Just unfriend all the delusional Jerry Moore groupies.

A well as the Charlie Cobb foot kissers while you are at it.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:34 pm

JTApps1 wrote:
The Virginia Tech game was much worse than this. We had a much more experienced team going into that game than this one. I remember Marshall beating us by over 50 back in 1990 in Huntington. How about NC State beating us 52-0 or when Clemson beat us by nearly as many??? There are some people who are so bitter they have lost tocuh with reality.
Never did dwell on the few butt kickings we've had, just the glorious victories. Heck, we still have folks who bemoan the upset loss to VMI decades ago from time to time.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”