Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Ball resigns mid-term

Gonzo
School: Appalachian State

Ball resigns mid-term

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Appftw

Re: Ball resigns mid-term

Unread post by Appftw » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Not since the days of George Washington has someone peacefully relinquished so much political power...

Wait, seriously Boone actually has a mayor? Im not sure how one can move on to anything bigger and better after presiding over the ribbon cutting ceremony of a Chipotle.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:57 pm

BigC for Boone Mayor!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:37 am

If he had anything to do with the parking meters he should have resigned...............

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:07 am

Can some of you locals elaborate on if/why this matters? I know there's been some turmoil over the last few years so my curiosity spikes when I read this article.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:12 pm

"I love it here….. but my wife wants to move to ____________"- Buzz Syndrome.

:lol:

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:58 pm

HeffnerIV wrote:Can some of you locals elaborate on if/why this matters? I know there's been some turmoil over the last few years so my curiosity spikes when I read this article.
HIs faults were so many, it is hard to get started. Here is my biggest beef. Year before last, Boone had only spent 19 mil of its roughly 21 mil budget by the end of the fiscal year. So instead of saving the money, the town spent it. Then, after spending the extra cash, Ball and his town council inflated the Boone budget to 28 mil and raised property taxes. This coming from a mayor who did not own property, so the tax increase did not directly affect him. And now he runs off, and property taxes certainly wont go down. Boone has no business with a 28 mil budget.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:16 am

That'll buy a lot of light pole banners. Now the town can change the theme every month. Oops, there goes some more overtime pay for the street crews. :lol:

How did this guy manage to get elected, anyway? Regardless, this sounds like addition by subtraction. From the outside looking in, it appears the High Country area will be far better off with this guy living in Buncombe County.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:29 am

asu66 wrote:That'll buy a lot of light pole banners. Now the town can change the theme every month. Oops, there goes some more overtime pay for the street crews. :lol:

How did this guy manage to get elected, anyway? Regardless, this sounds like addition by subtraction. From the outside looking in, it appears the High Country area will be far better off with this guy living in Buncombe County.
Sounds like we won't want him either. :lol:
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:58 am

He got elected because he was the best candidate and the first "real" mayor Bonne has had in 20+ years. Previous leaders were baby kissing ribbon cutters. Andy Ball worked his butt off. By the way the town council, not the mayor, determines the budget. We won't see a 21m budget ever again. It is going to take money to address the infrastructure improvements that have been kicked down the road for decades. If the town is going to grow progressively and responsibly it is going to take some leaders with vision and the fortitude to make the decision. We can start by getting some more new blood on the town council instead of same old guard with the same agenda.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”