Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Yosef Club membership

scatman77

Yosef Club membership

Unread post by scatman77 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:20 pm

Just a curious question: I renew my membership every year near the first of the year (January sometime). Why do I not get the 2015 tag/sticker/AD gift (per my level) until July 31?

This is not a crisis situation but was just curious. It feels strange to be a 2015 member with a 2014 sticker on the car.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

QueencityApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Yosef Club membership

Unread post by QueencityApp » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:01 pm

Isn't it because fall sports start in August and that's the season they start with? Good question though, never really thought about that.

DaphneUrquhart
School: Appalachian State

Re: Yosef Club membership

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:06 pm

The Yosef donation year is, indeed, the calendar year. The renewal period is generally from January 1 until May.

The University year ends June 30.

The athletic year coincides with the school year (September - May).

Now, multiply your single renewal by several thousand and add season ticket renewals and parking benefits and the fact that many Yosef members have to pay their pledges over time. Then add the cost of mailing and keeping track of who has received his sticker and who hasn't.

Also, remember that Yosef supports way more than just football and has full-time work for the current academic year through May.

I know that final parking assignments aren't fininshed until late July after folks have renewed and purchased season football tickets. Even as we were packing ticket packets, there were calls being made to see if this donor or that was purchasing tickets for 2015 (remember, no tickets = no parking).

So ... the answer to your question lies somewhere in the middle of efficiency, cost, and time.

For the record, the Appalachian Fund does not send out Vanguard Society stickers for the current calendar year until the fall academic term (beginning of the year for them).
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”