Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

This site is a mess!

mountaineerman
School: Appalachian State

This site is a mess!

Unread post by mountaineerman » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:36 am

I have seen some others have problems also. I do not visit this site but on my phone and itwill take me away from the site every time I visit. It tells me congrats I won ! It really does suck and it makes me not want to get on the site. That being said I guess I will just stay the course unless there is something else I can do?

appst89
Site Admin

Re: This site is a mess!

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:52 am

I'm pretty sure that Yosef checked into it and found it to be an Apple issue and not a site issue, but I will make sure that he is aware of the problems you are having.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:44 pm

I always had those problems in Safari, but I downloaded the Dolphin browser and turned on ad-block and have had no further issues.

eggers76

Unread post by eggers76 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:52 pm

I use the Samsung S4 and this happens to me very frequently and it is very frustrating as this seems to be the only site that does this on my phone.

WVAppsfan

Unread post by WVAppsfan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:54 pm

Use a laptop
"Always give your all"

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:08 pm

It still happens to me on my iphone but not nearly as often as it used to.. For awhile there the instants I signed on,it would take me away, EVERY time. Couldn't get on with my phone at all. But lately, its gotten way better. Now I just get that "Congrats youve won an iphone" crap you mentioned and its only once every few times. And I wouldn't mind that so bad if you could just X out of it and get back to the site , but you can't. You have to close everything down and start over. Pisses me off.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:09 pm

WVAppsfan wrote:Use a laptop

Really? Gee, that's a brilliant solution. Thanks so much.

Alan

Unread post by Alan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:25 pm

There's probably other similar apps, but I downloaded the Lionz blocker app and only enabled the feature on it that blocks ads and data trackers. I haven't had any pop ups since. Lionz will block all sorts of stuff (like images, comments, and scripts) that you probably want to see, but you can just uncheck those features.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:40 pm

All that being said this is the only site that does this .

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Yea I've been having a couple of issues on my iphone as well. It no longer takes me away from the site but it does now ask for my location. I can open up the message board but when I try to click on a thread, it gives me a "502 Bad Gateway---nginx/1.8.0" message. I downloaded the tapatalk app so I could read the threads but it doesn't seem to update in real time when I compare it to threads on the MMB.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

WVAppsfan

Unread post by WVAppsfan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:34 pm

AppinATL wrote:
WVAppsfan wrote:Use a laptop

Really? Gee, that's a brilliant solution. Thanks so much.
Instead of being negative why not email the administrator? Use a laptop, simple answer. I do not use my phone as I have this problem as well. Use a lap top, use a a tablet, other than that post something useful. The site is not a mess. End of post.
"Always give your all"

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:09 pm

Not being negative man, just stating the facts. Most of us don't carry laptops everywhere we go like we do our phones. That's kind of why iPhones are so popular, ya know? The administrator is well aware of the situation, no need to keep bothering him with everybody emailing. And by the way, tablets have been having issues as well.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:13 pm

Took me away today on a "Congrats you've won a new iPhone 6S" ...Locked my phone up... It was not Apple but some other site. I WON'T be using again with phone. When I did get phone back on it said I had no SIM card installed. Seemed malicious to me.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:18 pm

I miss delphi.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:22 pm

Don't know if you're kidding Andy, but I do miss Delphi

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:34 pm

I really do. I liked seeing the thread on the side and knowing which ones I've already read (which tapa talk doesn't do and tapa talk is the only way to read on my ipad).

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:39 pm

Not just iPhone Samsung as well. Next time I'm an the game and want to visit site I'll break out my laptop :lol:

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:59 pm

I sit in front of a PC all day at work and can sometimes check in on The Cabin with no issues. When I go home, I use my handy-dandy iPad so I can sit in my favorite chair, watch football, and cruise the internet. I am not at all a fan of Tapatalk and will not use it because of its limited functionality. Yosef's Cabin via an iPad is far from useful.

What I've been doing more often than not since the switch to this format is visiting other boards for my App football fix. The boards for GaSo, Troy, ULL, and stAte all work just fine on my iPad.

The problem I see is that, with fewer visitors able to access a functional site, traffic and interaction here will drop off leading to fewer visitors and less interaction, etc., etc.

My preference would be interacting with App fans here; however, I'm not likely to sit in my home office with its PC just to do that after working a minimum of 10 hours during the day at my 'real' office PC. So ... until the site is iPad functional, I'll stop by when I can and participate far less than I would have ordinarily (not that anything I ever had to say was of that crucial a nature ...).

Meanwhile, let's go bowling!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:05 pm

I don't mean to pile on and I'm damn sure not the type of guy to complain about a FREE service, but my activity on YC has become less frequent for some site reasons. I've used Chrome and Firefox with a pop-up blocker on my lap top and still the video adds are so numerous that if I leave a tab open with YC it eventually crashes my browser (usually after 5-10 mins). I had a Galaxy Note 4 until recently when I got an LGV10 and an LG tablet and the same problem abounds on all three devices: the characters appear seconds after I've typed them and it's hard to keep a train of thought waiting to see what I typed. On the tablet the key pad covers the text box and I can't read what I typed at all. When I'm not logged in I can't open threads on my phone either.

Again, not bitching about this FREE SITE just to complain, but I thought I would let y'all know the things I've been having a hard time with in case you wanted to fix it.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:18 pm

Gonzo wrote:the characters appear seconds after I've typed them and it's hard to keep a train of thought waiting to see what I typed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”