Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

USMNT

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

USMNT

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:20 am

Finally a game with some passion and attacking style. JK coached a good game plan and made good adjustments. Watched the game in Charlotte with my new people Charlotte Chapter of American Outlaws! On to Paraguay!

asu66

Re: USMNT

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:19 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Finally a game with some passion and attacking style. JK coached a good game plan and made good adjustments. Watched the game in Charlotte with my new people Charlotte Chapter of American Outlaws! On to Paraguay!
I listened to the game last night on XM radio while hoofing out my daily two-mile walk. Discussion during the pre-game show was all about the tremendous pressure being heaped on Klinsmann to win. In fact, Gulati was quoted to have said yesterday afternoon that "no one has job security." The broadcasters seemed to think that JK's current job security is just game-to-game. In other words, he almost has to win the Copa to survive.

It's interesting that he scrapped his youth movement and went with the old folks in that must-win situation. The old folks came through for him--but how long can they maintain that level of play? Sooner, rather than later, JK has to show he can win with the kids. Those old guys will be 37 or 38 YOA by World Cup time. I can't forsee them on the roster by then.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:41 am

Bump for the Gold Cup final on Wednesday. We'll be facing Jamaica after the reggae boys pulled off a huge upset in the Rose Bowl over Mexico last night.

appmaj

Unread post by appmaj » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:39 am

Might be a tough match up. Will need to play better at the back.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:11 am

Agreed, Howard has really masked our back line woes over the past two matches. Costa Rica could have easily netted 2 this weekend if not for Howard.

Id like to see Bruce go with:

----Altidore----Dempsey----
Nagbe-Bradley-Acosta-Arriola
Villafana-Gonzo-Besler-Lichaj
----------Howard--------------

I think Deuce starts and goes 65-70 vs. Jamaica. He was never going to start 3 straight matches in 7 days coming off of two heart surgeries. Unfortunately, I think Zardes gets the start over maybe Arriola and Nagbe is pushed our right, hope I'm wrong there, not a fan of Zardes at this level.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”