Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Content Contributors?

Yosef
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Content Contributors?

Unread post by Yosef » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:53 am

If anyone is interested in contributing to the home page content - let me know. Currently there are 3 contributors (bloggers) but we'd like to get a few more people as no one has a monopoly on good information. We'd like for this to be a site not only for the fans, but done by the fans.

Thanks.

BeauFoster

Re: Contributors?

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:02 am

I'm no writer, but I'll pony up a few $$$ to help offset the cost of the board.
Give 'em hell!

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:07 am

BeauFoster wrote:I'm no writer, but I'll pony up a few $$$ to help offset the cost of the board.
No no - not looking for any money but thanks for the offer. Send your donation to the Yosef Club!

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:55 am

Here's a Yosef Club/Cabin idea. This will take poster participation by having the posters on this board contribute money after each game. For every point App scores, The Cabin must raise that dollar amount (more if possible but point total is the minimum). The more points, the more the fans must raise. At the end of the season, The Cabin will make a contribution to the Yosef Club. If there is enough money raised, The Cabin could make a contribution to the YC and purchase a season ticket or 2 to give away in contests next year.

Post of the Year - Black Saturday tickets
Best Cabin article - Homecoming tickets
Most Active poster - Family Weekend
etc...

Now there could be variations by giving ASU points (raising fund raising goal) for 350+ yards offense, 30+ points a game, allowing less than 17 points a game, INT's, Fumbles forced/recovered, sacks, opposing team false starts (from crowd noise!) and/or adding the difference in scores to the total (ie. 35-21 final = 14pt diff bringing total to (35+14) $49)
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:20 am

moonshine wrote:Here's a Yosef Club/Cabin idea. This will take poster participation by having the posters on this board contribute money after each game. For every point App scores, The Cabin must raise that dollar amount (more if possible but point total is the minimum). The more points, the more the fans must raise. At the end of the season, The Cabin will make a contribution to the Yosef Club. If there is enough money raised, The Cabin could make a contribution to the YC and purchase a season ticket or 2 to give away in contests next year.

Post of the Year - Black Saturday tickets
Best Cabin article - Homecoming tickets
Most Active poster - Family Weekend
etc...

Now there could be variations by giving ASU points (raising fund raising goal) for 350+ yards offense, 30+ points a game, allowing less than 17 points a game, INT's, Fumbles forced/recovered, sacks, opposing team false starts (from crowd noise!) and/or adding the difference in scores to the total (ie. 35-21 final = 14pt diff bringing total to (35+14) $49)
I think that's a really great idea. I'd say keep it simple for the first year and let's just say donate the amount of points App scores. We can keep a tally on the right hand side showing total funds raised. Let's see what kind of interest that generates and we can certainly do it.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:13 am

You'll need to post an address or link to a paypal account so fans can send in their donation. Maybe make a meter on the side to show how close we are to reaching that week's goal.

Now if this takes off and you can secure season tickets for next year, the tickets for the other games could go to:

Poster who has the most accurate attendance prediction
Poster who has the most accurate score prediction
Last set of tickets could be donated to local charity

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:42 am

moonshine wrote:You'll need to post an address or link to a paypal account so fans can send in their donation. Maybe make a meter on the side to show how close we are to reaching that week's goal.

Now if this takes off and you can secure season tickets for next year, the tickets for the other games could go to:

Poster who has the most accurate attendance prediction
Poster who has the most accurate score prediction
Last set of tickets could be donated to local charity
Now are you thinking if App scores 30 points in week 1, that the total week 1 goal is $30?

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:02 am

Clearly most of the readers missed your point.

Maybe you should title your request, "Content Contributors?".

Looks like people thought you meant, Financial contributors.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:17 pm

Yosef wrote:Now are you thinking if App scores 30 points in week 1, that the total week 1 goal is $30?
Yes sir. I realize it's small but you have to start somewhere and it doesn't bleed the fanbase of more money since most here probably already pony up. That is also why I said people from the board could inject their own variations to up the ante. Let's say the team averages 30 pts a game, that's $360 (minimum) coming from Cabin contributors.

ATL I understood what he meant but when he told Beau to send his money to the Yosef Club it got me to thinking of ways we could chip in a little extra. I figured I'd put it here to garner interest instead of starting a new thread. If the idea were to take off, Yosef or whoever could create a new thread devoted to the fundraiser idea.

HkyMtneer

Re: Content Contributors?

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:07 pm

Hey Yosef! If you're still looking for the occasional contributor I'd enjoy hearing more. I certainly might have a ASU piece in me here or there ;)

Yosef
Site Admin

Re: Content Contributors?

Unread post by Yosef » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:47 pm

HkyMtneer wrote:Hey Yosef! If you're still looking for the occasional contributor I'd enjoy hearing more. I certainly might have a ASU piece in me here or there ;)
Definitely. I'm looking for a couple of folks to help out by posting occasionally. There are only 3 rules:

1) Keep it family friendly.
2) Keep it Appalachian / Boone related.
3) Post at least once a month.

I don't have a rule on 'marketing' your own site - so if you want to make a post and link it back to your site that's fine. All I ask is that there be an article or an excerpt of an article that you wrote on your site to go along with it.

If you're still interested shoot me a private message and if anyone else decides they'd like to contribute - private message me.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:43 am

moonshine wrote:
Yosef wrote:Now are you thinking if App scores 30 points in week 1, that the total week 1 goal is $30?
Yes sir. I realize it's small but you have to start somewhere and it doesn't bleed the fanbase of more money since most here probably already pony up. That is also why I said people from the board could inject their own variations to up the ante. Let's say the team averages 30 pts a game, that's $360 (minimum) coming from Cabin contributors.

ATL I understood what he meant but when he told Beau to send his money to the Yosef Club it got me to thinking of ways we could chip in a little extra. I figured I'd put it here to garner interest instead of starting a new thread. If the idea were to take off, Yosef or whoever could create a new thread devoted to the fundraiser idea.

That is a great idea. Most people that give to the Yosef Club don't give $360, so that would be a nice donation. I'm sure most of us on here give a lot more than that, but on average I would think most would be $100 or less. Maybe someone who sees what is given can let me know. Still, a great idea. I love it!! Go Apps!!
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”