Question for Those of You on Pay Board

MDaniels84
School: Appalachian State

Question for Those of You on Pay Board

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:00 pm

Just wanted to get an idea of which board is best to join for info on everything APP - 247, Scout, or Mountaineer Illustrated ? Thanks in advance.

JTApps1

Re: Question for Those of You on Pay Board

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:12 pm

I've had a Scout account for the past year and feel like the coverage is very good. The is a lot of original content and forum posts from the owner of the site, and post by members is starting to pick up. The one negative is the Scout.com recruiting ranking/info isn't as good as 24/7, but that is not controlled by the App site. The owner tries to make up for this by doing a lot of posts on recruiting. The 24/7 site is good too, but they have less articles and posts typically.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:26 pm

I'm only on Scout so I can't necessarily compare, but I think their site does a good job. It's just one guy, but he has a lot of good info on the premium board, especially on recruiting. 247 is definitely the best for recruiting rankings (in terms of at least being up to date on commitments and having everyone ranked - not necessarily accurately), but that's network-wide and doesn't require a premium subscription to view.

Haven't checked Rivals in a while, last I saw that site wasn't maintained that frequently.

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:27 pm

I'm a member of 24/7, pros are, little smack talk, just somewhat intelligent discussion about App sports, especially football, Mike, who moderates the board does an excellent job of keeping us informed with recruiting and anything else he comes across related to App. Also firemoose does a great job getting us information. The cons, I guess because its a paid site, there aren't enough members to have a discussion more than a couple times a week, you ask a question, and it might be 4 or 5 days before you get a response. I guess the bottom line is, if your looking for alittle more serious discussion, but your okay with the posts limited to only 2 or 3 times a week, than 24/7 is a good site

MtnDevil95

Unread post by MtnDevil95 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:32 pm

I only on have a free account Scout and typically use it for good information on other teams (Devils Den, Pack Pride) and a good laugh at the fanboys on Inside Carolina. The dude handling the App State boards is pretty knowledgeable and posts some good information, but I much prefer the discussions here to any other App boards I've browsed recently.
Last edited by MtnDevil95 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows.”

TheMackAttack

Unread post by TheMackAttack » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:37 pm

I think it depends a lot on what you're looking for. If you care only about information for App State, then the Scout site is definitely the best. That message board is also a lot more active. But if you pay for 24/7 you can get access to VIP content from every site so you can also see if the guy at the South Carolina site thinks they are going to offer one of our commits. I do think that David at Scout pays much more attention to his site, fwiw.

JustBeYosef

Unread post by JustBeYosef » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:30 pm

I just recently dropped my subscription to 247. When I first joined, there seemed to be a lot more content, but the last year I wasn't pleased. Often there would not be a new article for a week or longer. I have considered a subscription to Scout. What is the current price for that site?

TheMackAttack

Unread post by TheMackAttack » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:30 pm

JustBeYosef wrote:I just recently dropped my subscription to 247. When I first joined, there seemed to be a lot more content, but the last year I wasn't pleased. Often there would not be a new article for a week or longer. I have considered a subscription to Scout. What is the current price for that site?

$44.95 for the year.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:15 pm

I pay for 247, but mainly at this point it's to look at other schools sites. I'm thoroughly disappointed in our 247 site. I've said it before but ECUs site is miles and miles ahead of ours and is actually worth the money. We have a couple articles a week while over there they have a couple articles a day. My guess it has something to do with Mike not living in Boone. Anyways, the MMB does a great job of keeping me informed on all things app, thanks everyone.

ashugh

Unread post by ashugh » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:05 am

JustBeYosef wrote:I just recently dropped my subscription to 247. When I first joined, there seemed to be a lot more content, but the last year I wasn't pleased. Often there would not be a new article for a week or longer. I have considered a subscription to Scout. What is the current price for that site?
I agree completely with this post. When you go to drop the 247 subscription it literally ask "are you a quitter". At that point, heII yes, I'm gone.
Scout is much better. I have had both for a year and there really isn't any comparison. There is some new information daily. Even if it's just a forum post, at least there is daily action.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:13 pm

As most everyone knows I work daily with all the site guys and swap info back and forth. It depends on what you want. If you want message board content then Scout has more sections and more articles. I know Mike is looking for someone to help him post more content on 24/7 but where he lives and his job precludes him being able to get to Boone as often as ASM. If you want easy access to player lists (offers, targets, commits, rankings, etc) and better information on them then it's 24/7. There's a reason why the Main pages on here closely follow the 24/7 offer pages in setup. Much easier to keep up with that way. Scout is changing things up some but they still have a ways to go to catch 24/7, especially from a player search standpoint. Rivals has easy to search lists but often they are not as up to date as they should be. Case in point, the regional guys kept putting the Ellis kid that was reported as a commit, but we knew was not, onto the front page. Had to keep taking him down. I've been trying to help over there to keep things updated on the front page and in the threads but not a lot of posting over there and I only have so many hours in the day. Bottom line. You get what you get at each site. You go with what's most important to you. I combine info from all three in the Main and Players pages on this site but articles and interviews are their job.

JustBeYosef

Unread post by JustBeYosef » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that Scout has a flash sale today. You get 9 months for the price of 1 month. That's 9 months for $4.95. The offer ends at 4:00 today. I just took advantage of the offer as it seems to good to pass up.

TheMackAttack

Unread post by TheMackAttack » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:16 pm

JustBeYosef wrote:Just wanted to let everyone know that Scout has a flash sale today. You get 9 months for the price of 1 month. That's 9 months for $4.95. The offer ends at 4:00 today. I just took advantage of the offer as it seems to good to pass up.

Extended until midnight. It's worth the $45 a year at the regular rate, this is an absolute steal.

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:19 am

247 is not good, not well maintained at all. Scout seems to be the way to go IMO

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”