No Student tickets for Miami game?

appfan22
School: Appalachian State

No Student tickets for Miami game?

Unread post by appfan22 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:38 pm

I am hearing unconfirmed rumblings from higher up positions in the student government of potential talks about limiting/not allowing student passes for the Miami game. Obviously students will take to the streets over this, but what are the thoughts about it?

Saint3333

Re: No Student tickets for Miami game?

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:42 pm

Would students really be surprised by this?

Students can attend, but purchasing extra tickets will likely depend on how many GA tickets are available. Supply and demand.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:54 pm

No way. The athletic administration knows how valuable the support of student fees are to the athletic program. IMHO, no way they're gonna mess with student admission although extra tks could be a prob. The current SGA leadership is less than supportive of the athletic program. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to invent a wedge issue to stir something up that doesn't, in fact, exist. Just to make waves!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:16 pm

Students first, no way this happens. They can take away their extra tickets for friends if needed, but not students.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:18 pm

boonetown1 wrote:Students first, no way this happens. They can take away their extra tickets for friends if needed, but not students.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking the rumor must have been.

Idea wouldn't make sense anyway - this is the game you WANT every student to come to.

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:19 pm

It might depend on the contract. If there is a clause about the amount we are paying Miami, it could come into play. Also we have been over stuffing the student section for years.

From the web site:
"Student guest tickets for football become available the Sunday prior to the upcoming home football game online and are subject to availability on a first-come, first-served basis."

This means that Athletics has the right to cap the number of tickets. The bigger question is, if the game is a sell-out of reserved and GA tickets and that totals 26,000 and 8,000 students show up to get in the game, where do you put them? I think the bigger question might be, could we have for the first time a cap on Student Admissions for a football game? We have done it for basketball twice (UNC & Davidson) but to insure that we don't have a situation that is dangerous/illegal, is there going to have to be a total admissions cap for the game?
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:55 pm

appgrouch wrote:It might depend on the contract. If there is a clause about the amount we are paying Miami, it could come into play. Also we have been over stuffing the student section for years.

From the web site:
"Student guest tickets for football become available the Sunday prior to the upcoming home football game online and are subject to availability on a first-come, first-served basis."

This means that Athletics has the right to cap the number of tickets. The bigger question is, if the game is a sell-out of reserved and GA tickets and that totals 26,000 and 8,000 students show up to get in the game, where do you put them? I think the bigger question might be, could we have for the first time a cap on Student Admissions for a football game? We have done it for basketball twice (UNC & Davidson) but to insure that we don't have a situation that is dangerous/illegal, is there going to have to be a total admissions cap for the game?
I was a student down in the trenches for 7 of the top 10 attended games in The Rock's history. I'm sure we've already gotten to dangerous/illegal/hell raising fun counts before.

I'd like to think that Miami will set the attendance record, but it has been several years since we've truly had a packed house.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:58 pm

I think they need to limit the student guest tickets to ensure all students can attend.

Typically we have 8-9k student and guests attend. The student and guest demand for this game could be 12-14k.

Hope they've thought this through.

MountaineerKidd

Unread post by MountaineerKidd » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:36 pm

Isn't there someway to put more temporary seating in the stadium? I say we pack as many as possible in the Rock. Let's go for 40,000 fans!

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:59 pm

MountaineerKidd wrote:Isn't there someway to put more temporary seating in the stadium? I say we pack as many as possible in the Rock. Let's go for 40,000 fans!
How many people can we fit in the branches of the trees above and around the scoreboard/restrooms in thevery endzone? Or up on the roof of the fieldhouse?

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:28 pm

I have no problem if they are denying student guest tickets, welcome to world of supply and demand. How much are the guest tickets...$10-$15? I'd say at a minimum, they should triple the price to $45 for this game for "guest" tickets.

Now I feel completely opposite if the title of this thread is correct and they don't want to give enrolled students a ticket (scan ID) to see UM v App. I would join them in the streets to riot!
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:24 pm

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/unv/graphi ... -photo.jpg

I still say add temporary end zone seating to what we see at Nevada (above). Much more capacity.

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:17 pm

No student tix = Not true. Guest? = depends on availability.

This week will determine how many seats get added.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:24 pm

We have to (and I think will) make a way for every student to attend that wants to. Guest tickets should be dome away with for this game or severly limited. That number needs to be announced sooner rather than later though.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

MountaineerKidd

Unread post by MountaineerKidd » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:29 pm

boonetown1 wrote:http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/unv/graphi ... -photo.jpg

I still say add temporary end zone seating to what we see at Nevada (above). Much more capacity.
I agree I would add large temporary seating behind the endzone. Much larger than the current seating that the band uses

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:38 pm

They will not be taking student tickets/entry away. What they are not allowing/limiting is student guest tickets. These tickets usually go for $10.

I wonder how ticket sales have gone so far this week.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:47 am

If their guest join the Yosef Club they can have a shot at getting some tickets. Daphne is rubbing off on me (Doesn't sound right but you know what I mean).
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

3rd

Unread post by 3rd » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:02 am

Goapps15 wrote:They will not be taking student tickets/entry away. What they are not allowing/limiting is student guest tickets. These tickets usually go for $10.

I wonder how ticket sales have gone so far this week.

The past few years I believe they were about 15/20 bucks and each student was allowed 2. However for big games (southern) they raised guest tickets to like 25 or 30 somewhere around there they were also general admin. and students can't buy guest tickets until week of game and before lunch time Friday. If general admin still has seats come that week let students have guest tickets first come first serve at around 35-40 bucks. I think that would be fair for college students and also make sure athletic Dept gets the most tickets sold.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:07 am

The guy I spoke with at the ticket office said it best. This might be the first time in App State football history that many who want to attend the game won't be able to attend the game. App State fans aren't used to not being able to score tickets...That will change for the Miami game.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:28 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:The guy I spoke with at the ticket office said it best. This might be the first time in App State football history that many who want to attend the game won't be able to attend the game. App State fans aren't used to not being able to score tickets...That will change for the Miami game.
A big reason why our season ticket numbers are rather low.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”