Who would you like as the next Head Coach?

Appst1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Who would you like as the next Head Coach?

Unread post by Appst1 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:36 am

asu66 wrote:Horton has wanted this job for 10 years. If he's offered, it could get real interesting to see it he wants small town life and northwestern NC or northwestern AK. :?:
If Horton is offered the job he is going to take it. I know some folks who knew him well when he was in Boone and he will indeed take it even though he has the offer to stay in Arkansas.

I want Scott to be our HC one day but I think he would learn a lot under Horton for a while as assistant HC and OC. Those who know Horton say he would not make many changes and I think he and Scott would be a lethal combo together. Horton is a great recruiter and loves App so I think you would see him and Scott pour their blood and tears into our recruiting and improving our team as we go FBS. (if the rumors are true).

Whatever happens I don't think there is any question it is a two man race and I feel confident that either of them would do a good job. I prefer Horton and will be let down if it is not him but I will quickly get over it and embrace Scott because I think he will do a good job as well.
Last edited by Appst1 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:44 am

Tim Horton with SS as OC and associate HC.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:49 am

I would LIKE Tim Horton and think he would be the perfect Coach to elevate our team. However, I will support Satterfield. O'Cain did a "fairly decent" job at Cow State and was an excellent Coach while at Furple...still like TH & SS over him!!!

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:46 am

AppinATL wrote:
JCline0429 wrote:
AppinATL wrote:
AppGrad78 wrote:We've had two prospects commit to us since Coach Moore was fired (...OK, not rehired). Neither would have committed to us had they been uncertain who the head coach would be.

I'm betting Satterfield will be announced tomorrow.

That NEEDS to happen. The sooner we get a new HC officially hired, the sooner we can start the new era and get some of this unpleasantness behind us. Also for the recruiting aspect, this does not need dragging out.

I'd rather it drag out and get the right guy than Cobb hire quickly and get a Capel.
Satterfield is NO Capel! How can you even make that comparison?

I wasn't referring to Satterfield. I was simply referring to anyone we hire in a hurry. :!: :!: I should hope you feel the same way.
a.k.a JC0429

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:50 am

Scott Satterfield"."
Give Em Hell!!

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:58 am

What do you consider "In a hurry?" How long should it take? It's been a week. They've had plenty of time to hear from everyone that's interested. They've apparently spent the weekend interviewing. More importantly, Satterfield is no stranger that needs vetting. This entire past year has been his "interview," let's get this thing done and move on.

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:01 am

AppinATL wrote:What do you consider "In a hurry?" How long should it take? It's been a week. They've had plenty of time to hear from everyone that's interested. They've apparently spent the weekend interviewing. More importantly, Satterfield is no stranger that needs vetting. This entire past year has been his "interview," let's get this thing done and move on.
Seriously - watch any major college coaching search, and their goal is to have it finished within a 10 day or so window. Hell- Cincy lost Butch Jones late Thursday, and had Tommy Tuberville by Saturday!

Cobb knew Coach Moore was moving on, so he likely already had his list in place from the beginning of the year.

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 am

AppinATL wrote:What do you consider "In a hurry?" How long should it take? It's been a week. They've had plenty of time to hear from everyone that's interested. They've apparently spent the weekend interviewing. More importantly, Satterfield is no stranger that needs vetting. This entire past year has been his "interview," let's get this thing done and move on.
I wouldn't be uncomfortable with 10 days to two weeks if it meant we would have the best possible outcome. Getting good recruits for next year isn't as important as getting the right leadership in place for the next few years.
a.k.a JC0429

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:15 am

Horton as HC and Satterfield as OC.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:12 pm

I saw a twitter post (take it for what it's worth), that said "if App State is getting who I hear they are getting to replace Coach Moore, then longtime fans should be happy." My assumption is this means Satterfield or Horton. I've figured all along it would be SS, but I'd be happy with either.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:14 pm

bigapp wrote:The OP asks "Who would you LIKE as the next Head Coach?"

I'd LIKE Jimmy Johnson...
Ok...I want Nick Saban!
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

asumike83

Unread post by asumike83 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:18 pm

Horton as HC and Satterfield as OC would be best-case scenario, IMO. Offense would not miss a beat and our recruiting would be immediately bolstered. However, I like Coach Satterfield and would not be upset if he were named HC, especially if it looks like Horton and other candidates got a fair shake.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:25 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:I saw a twitter post (take it for what it's worth), that said "if App State is getting who I hear they are getting to replace Coach Moore, then longtime fans should be happy." My assumption is this means Satterfield or Horton. I've figured all along it would be SS, but I'd be happy with either.

The question that begs answering of course is "whose Twitter post?" That would help determine if it is fairly believable or not even worth mentioning.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:58 pm

AppinATL wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:I saw a twitter post (take it for what it's worth), that said "if App State is getting who I hear they are getting to replace Coach Moore, then longtime fans should be happy." My assumption is this means Satterfield or Horton. I've figured all along it would be SS, but I'd be happy with either.

The question that begs answering of course is "whose Twitter post?" That would help determine if it is fairly believable or not even worth mentioning.
Some guy named Austin Atkinson. It was retweeted by one of the App blogs which is how I saw it. It may not be worth mentioning, but most rumors aren't. That's why I posted it on a message board.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:06 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:
AppinATL wrote:

Some guy named Austin Atkinson. It was retweeted by one of the App blogs which is how I saw it. It may not be worth mentioning, but most rumors aren't. That's why I posted it on a message board.
Citadel's beat writer tweeted about an hour ago that people should not forget about Tim Horton in the ASU coaching search.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Interesting... hope the El Cid writer has some close contacts in Boone
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:37 pm

bigapp wrote:The OP asks "Who would you LIKE as the next Head Coach?"

I'd LIKE Jimmy Johnson...

I can hear it now should Jimmy Johnson become coach lead APP to a championship, as we all have seen in the clip in the Cowboy locker room in 1993:

"How 'bout Them MOUNTAINEERS!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Black Saturday on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLACK SATURDAY

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:38 pm

JTApps1 wrote:Interesting... hope the El Cid writer has some close contacts in Boone
Here's a copy and paste of his tweet:

Jeff Hartsell ‏@Jeff_fromthePC
Re App State, don't count out Arkansas RB coach Tim Horton to replace Moore. Ex-App assistant, name was in Citadel search when Higgins hired
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:17 pm

appst89 wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:Interesting... hope the El Cid writer has some close contacts in Boone
Here's a copy and paste of his tweet:

Jeff Hartsell ‏@Jeff_fromthePC
Re App State, don't count out Arkansas RB coach Tim Horton to replace Moore. Ex-App assistant, name was in Citadel search when Higgins hired
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
Hartsell has been around a long time amd has some deep contacts. Hope he is right.
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:39 pm

hope he is wrong, Saterfield

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”