The bank is partially closed off

JTApps1
School: Appalachian State

Re: The bank is partially closed off

Unread post by JTApps1 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:15 pm

The sound wasn't too bad on some commercials, but anything that came from a live mic was way too loud. The PA was especially loud. To me it seemed like anything with a higher pitch was the problem.

I like to listen to music loud so it's not like I have sensitive ears or anything. Our son was covering his ears the entire game though.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:37 pm

Middle roped off...sod was the issue. It'll take a week or so for roots to take hold. Had they allowed folks on the hill, most of that sod and folks would be at the bottom of hill...in a muddy mess.

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:31 pm

AppinATL wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:37 am
APPRIDE wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:36 am
T-Dog wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:30 pm
Y'all wanted "louder" for ten bloody years.
"Louder" is low hanging fruit for game day atmosphere. Most wanted "clearer" all these years.

How about getting appropriate volume, timing, amount, and content choice of this "wall of sound" down correctly. I think all of us realize this was a new deal yesterday and that the staff will get this dialed in better, of coursee. We are simply adding our advice/feed back to help with dialing it in correctly.

Bottom line to me was it was obnoxiously, overpoweringly loud.
Will they, though? We've been complaining about the poor performance of the people running that aspect of the game day experience for years and it never seems to get better, yet evereyone seems optimistic that one day, they'll get it under control. Still WAY too much canned music, at one point the band struck up a piece and then got mowed over instantly by the speaker music. Love the new board and the sound system, but the overall production has problems.
Well I waz trying to be politically correct by at least acting like they may get it right. I don't really think it will change.

Also, I think the band should be a source of pride and leading the charge for crowd involvement, like the days when they were in 206. Now they are just pushed off to that corner and don't seem to want to be involved...

or have they been told canned music is the route we are going so don't even think about being creative...

I used to be impressed with all the different antics and the varied repertoire they came up with back in the day...

3rd

Unread post by 3rd » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:24 pm

I really wish I care enough to video all the students and our players enjoying/dancing to the music when it's played then video them doing nothing when the band plays. Both have their place on gameday. The min. most of you in here open your eyes to that the happier some of your lives will be after the bitchfest y'all have kept posting for years.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:03 pm

3rd wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:24 pm
I really wish I care enough to video all the students and our players enjoying/dancing to the music when it's played then video them doing nothing when the band plays. Both have their place on gameday. The min. most of you in here open your eyes to that the happier some of your lives will be after the bitchfest y'all have kept posting for years.
I wish you would also because I think you would learn something. The students are not into that canned stuff like you think. Some of us are actually watching.

3rd

Unread post by 3rd » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:11 pm

I was down there for 4 years from 12'-16' and now I sit 45-50 yard line right below the gold seats.(plus I still have plenty of friends that are down there) I know what I'm talking about.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:58 pm

jaykisz wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:56 pm
I ALSO WAS AT THE GAME AND SIT IN SEC 217......I AGREE THE SPEAKERS ARE EXTREME TOO LOUD...I WAS VERY UNCOMFORTABLE WHEN THE SPEAKERS WERE IN USE ...... I REALIZE I WAS VERY CLOSE TO THEM BUT VERY ANNOYING.....THE PICTURE WAS GREAT AND VERY CLEAR......BUT SOUND WAY TOO MUCH.......THANKS JAY

Your ears must still be ringing - is that why you're shouting?

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:08 am

jaykisz wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:56 pm
I ALSO WAS AT THE GAME AND SIT IN SEC 217......I AGREE THE SPEAKERS ARE EXTREME TOO LOUD...I WAS VERY UNCOMFORTABLE WHEN THE SPEAKERS WERE IN USE ...... I REALIZE I WAS VERY CLOSE TO THEM BUT VERY ANNOYING.....THE PICTURE WAS GREAT AND VERY CLEAR......BUT SOUND WAY TOO MUCH.......THANKS JAY
YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE IS EXTREME? USING ALL CAPS ON THE INTERNET. MY EYES ARE VERY UNCOMFORTABLE WHILE THIS POST IS IN USE. I REALIZE THAT I'M NOT EVEN VERY CLOSE TO MY MONITOR AND IT'S STILL VERY ANNOYING.........THANKS, #

MtnMan09

Unread post by MtnMan09 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:22 am

APPRIDE wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:31 pm
AppinATL wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:37 am
APPRIDE wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:36 am
T-Dog wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:30 pm
Y'all wanted "louder" for ten bloody years.
"Louder" is low hanging fruit for game day atmosphere. Most wanted "clearer" all these years.

How about getting appropriate volume, timing, amount, and content choice of this "wall of sound" down correctly. I think all of us realize this was a new deal yesterday and that the staff will get this dialed in better, of coursee. We are simply adding our advice/feed back to help with dialing it in correctly.

Bottom line to me was it was obnoxiously, overpoweringly loud.
Will they, though? We've been complaining about the poor performance of the people running that aspect of the game day experience for years and it never seems to get better, yet evereyone seems optimistic that one day, they'll get it under control. Still WAY too much canned music, at one point the band struck up a piece and then got mowed over instantly by the speaker music. Love the new board and the sound system, but the overall production has problems.
Well I waz trying to be politically correct by at least acting like they may get it right. I don't really think it will change.

Also, I think the band should be a source of pride and leading the charge for crowd involvement, like the days when they were in 206. Now they are just pushed off to that corner and don't seem to want to be involved...

or have they been told canned music is the route we are going so don't even think about being creative...

I used to be impressed with all the different antics and the varied repertoire they came up with back in the day...

Lot of complaining. But I was happy to hear the band playing the Olympic theme again on kickoffs. Feel like that's been absent for a couple of years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”