Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Off the wall idea: should we schedule Toledo in the regular season in the future?

APPdiesel
School: Appalachian State

Re: Off the wall idea: should we schedule Toledo in the regular season in the future?

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:43 pm

moonshine wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:01 am
If these H&H series against G programs truly created some recruitment boost in these “hotbed” locations, the aforementioned ACC programs would have filled GaSt, F_U, U_F, UNT, TxSt & UNCC schedules for the next 20 years. It’s a weak excuse.
I've never been a college football recruit but you'd have a hard time convincing me, a kid from central Ohio, to all of a sudden view Appalachian State as a potential landing spot just because they're coming up here to play one game. I've never believed H&H scheduling generates recruiting interest. Camps do. Camps are where college coaches get access to players and high school coaches and have opportunities to build the relationships that actually COULD affect recruiting. It's not like Scott Satterfield has time during the (max) 2 days the team is on site to break away and press the flesh with recruits.

Now if you're talking about an annual series with a team like ECU, and a kid over there doesn't get recruited by the Pirates but wants a chance to come home and play in front of his friends and family, maybe.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Rekdiver

Re: Off the wall idea: should we schedule Toledo in the regular season in the future?

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:57 pm

moonshine wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:56 am
I'd have no problem App scheduling a H&H with the Rockets as they have proven to be one of the top MAC programs and more often than not, would help SOS. Also wouldn't mind seeing NIU, Ohio and CMU on the schedule as long as App limits it to one MAC team a season since a couple of the Sun Belt bowls are tied in with the MAC.
You are talking about App being one of the top programs of the MAC aren't you?😀

Jimrunsfar
School: Toledo

Unread post by Jimrunsfar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:31 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:43 pm
moonshine wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:01 am
If these H&H series against G programs truly created some recruitment boost in these “hotbed” locations, the aforementioned ACC programs would have filled GaSt, F_U, U_F, UNT, TxSt & UNCC schedules for the next 20 years. It’s a weak excuse.
I've never been a college football recruit but you'd have a hard time convincing me, a kid from central Ohio, to all of a sudden view Appalachian State as a potential landing spot just because they're coming up here to play one game. I've never believed H&H scheduling generates recruiting interest. Camps do. Camps are where college coaches get access to players and high school coaches and have opportunities to build the relationships that actually COULD affect recruiting. It's not like Scott Satterfield has time during the (max) 2 days the team is on site to break away and press the flesh with recruits.

Now if you're talking about an annual series with a team like ECU, and a kid over there doesn't get recruited by the Pirates but wants a chance to come home and play in front of his friends and family, maybe.
This....with sites like HUDL & Scout combined with nearly every game on some channel somewhere 4-5 days a week negates any necessity for travel to a region to play.

It would appear that you're scheduled out through 2022...interestingly enough mostly teams from the SE:

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sun-bel ... ineers.php

We're mostly full through 2021....Our AD has done terrific job scheduling including several MWC teams

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/mid-ame ... ockets.php

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Isn't Akron coming to KBS in the next couple of years?

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:44 pm

Not quite sure what happened to Akron game but they were supposed to be our home opponent this past September 16th at KBS.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:24 pm

Akron is scheduled to be in Boone on 9/24/2022. Open up at home with UNC on 9/3.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:51 pm

JMappfan5 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:24 pm
Akron is scheduled to be in Boone on 9/24/2022. Open up at home with UNC on 9/3.
Unless you go to the App website. The App website future schedule list doesn't include that Akron game for some reason. Also missing a couple more of the future years games that should already be listed out there. Don't know if that's simply a flub or if they know more than they've told us and made some other changes.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:25 am

Akron is still showing us playing them in Boone on 9/24/2022.

Carolina Rocket
School: Toledo

Unread post by Carolina Rocket » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:32 am

Hey sure, I'll bump this one a week later. I'm a Toledo fan in the Piedmont, so count my vote for. Good luck next week.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”