Recruiting, 2013

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

Re: Recruiting, 2013

Unread post by firemoose » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:44 pm

AppFan11 wrote:Yea outside the current roster rbs, transfers and maybe Marcus Cox or Lee Wright is there any reason why we aren't going hard for David Gaydocsz. Have you guys looked at him? 5-11 195 4.47 physical and runs away from evrybody. HELLO out there??????
78' and I found a tweet from him on the 15th that "App State has appeared out of no where" and he added him to the master list. This happened just after van Hook committed to CASU. We must have made contact with him or he wouldn't have said that but I have his twitter account bookmarked and he hasn't said much else about us. He's been talking mainly about Akron. We are watching.

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:49 pm

AppFan11 wrote:Yea outside the current roster rbs, transfers and maybe Marcus Cox or Lee Wright is there any reason why we aren't going hard for David Gaydocsz. Have you guys looked at him? 5-11 195 4.47 physical and runs away from evrybody. HELLO out there??????
Gaydosz visited Akron last weekend. A day or two later, an Akron fan tweeted congratulations to him. Gaydosz thanked the fan but didn't say much else. Since then he hasn't said a word about his recruitment. If I had to guess, he'll end up at Akron.

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:25 am

firemoose wrote:
Kgfish wrote:
firemoose wrote:
Kgfish wrote:I'm concerned about the lack of a true RB. I hope we are not putting all our eggs in the basket of a walk on transfer.
I don't think it's over quite yet. Other than Emmanuel I think there is still one or two other scholarship level players that are left on the big board. I've been seeing a few references, not enough to be sure but we still have a little hope. Losing Van Hook really hurt. I think the staff truly thought he was a lock and was a little shocked when he committed to CASU. Personal opinon is that it's the only big mistake we've made so far. I know others are concerned about DL, LB, and OL also but I think we are trying to address the LB situation, if we get all the commits we are looking pretty good on the OL, and we were a little behind the curve with DL due to the Woody hiring. But Rivals and ESPN only show us offering three RB's (same three for a long while, none new) and we really never stood much of a shot with two of them. The main thing I have seen on Twitter is that we are really going after RB's and that started as soon as Van Hook committed. Hopefully we'll find one or really look to pick up a JUCO at the second signing period.
Any idea as to a quality RB that might be available at this late date?
Well other than Emmanuel I had heard mention of a couple of others. One in particular that I think we should be looking hard at is Devan Robbins from South Point High School in Belmont. He was the Big 22 Player of the Year from WSOC-TV for the Charlotte area. He 6' 175-180 with low 4.3 speed (even though ESPN says 4.58 I know he's been clocked faster). I've seen several pieces of film on him and in addition to blazing speed he's got good vision and hits the hole hard. He said early on that he was going to GA Tech and schools like UNC, State, ECU among others backed off but he is still on the market and looking. Some schools might be looking away because he was a wing back in the TO but he reminds me of a taller Steven Miller and I think, as hard as he runs, that he would do well here. And believe me we don't want Wofford or especially Ga Sou grabbing this kid.

Since WSOC started with the Big 22 players I've yet to see a POTY not go D1 and succeed. We already have another off their list in Lee Wright. I think we would do well to add one more.
If he goes to South Point he knows what winning is all about. That crowd is serious about football, even has a website SuperRaiders.com dedicated to football. Lots of highlights on there and you get a sense of how fast he is. Shows good hands in the passing game too. The school is only about two hours from campus and it will be disappointing if we have not reached out to him.
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:59 am

Covington played RB too.

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:33 pm

At this point, most of the reasons kids have not committed that are great this and great that and WSOZ and WBTY POY are because they do not qualify!

...and the "feeling" I get out of Boone is that we are NOT taking a chance on anyone like that!

...and I agree!
Go APPS!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:30 pm

asutrnr81 wrote:At this point, most of the reasons kids have not committed that are great this and great that and WSOZ and WBTY POY are because they do not qualify!

...and the "feeling" I get out of Boone is that we are NOT taking a chance on anyone like that!

...and I agree!
While I agree that we are tightening up on who we recruit and I think that is a very good thing just because a kid isn't committed right now doesn't mean they don't qualify? As you can tell from mine and AppGrad78's previous posts we spend a lot of time on the recruiting boards, twitter, and facebook. Open up the recruiting boards from Rivals, ESPN, Scout, and others, look at the offer boards from all the schools, and see exactly how many kids are still uncommitted. For that matter look at the commits and then look up each of them on social media. We have several of ours that are still up in the air and many kids don't decide until just before, if not on, signing day. Just because a kid is uncommitted right now doesn't mean that they have grade problems.

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:06 pm

asutrnr81 wrote:At this point, most of the reasons kids have not committed that are great this and great that and WSOZ and WBTY POY are because they do not qualify!

...and I agree!
How can you make a reckless presumption about situations you know nothing about?
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:39 pm

Hey firemoose and appgrad78, I very much appreciate all your leg work, really. When I made the statement "helloooo out there."" I was referring to ASU staff. Again kudos to you both. I read you multiple times a day.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:51 pm

AppFan11 wrote:Hey firemoose and appgrad78, I very much appreciate all your leg work, really. When I made the statement "helloooo out there."" I was referring to ASU staff. Again kudos to you both. I read you multiple times a day.
You are very welcome. I enjoy the chase although sometimes figuring out things like who @_SuckMyJays_ is can take a while when there is no mention of school, city, or even state and no pics with a uniform or even a hat :lol:

78' is the man when it comes to this. I'm just along for the ride :D

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:55 pm

78' is the man when it comes to this. I'm just along for the ride :D

I know better. Firemoose can crack a Twitter code with the best of 'em. :lol:

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:47 pm

Shrine Bowl DB Brandon Pinckney (6-0, 170) of Dorman High School in Spartanburg, S.C., says in a tweet that he committed to Appalachian State this morning. Chose us over offers from Wofford and Furman, among others.

Junior season highlights:

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Solid tackler, but likes to look in the backfield too much. Looks to have good not great speed, plays off the line.

Nice to beat out conference members for a player.

Still waiting to hear from Stewart and Ejike from this past weekend, we need to sign both.

bh2oson

Unread post by bh2oson » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:57 pm

AppFan11 wrote:Hey firemoose and appgrad78, I very much appreciate all your leg work, really. When I made the statement "helloooo out there."" I was referring to ASU staff. Again kudos to you both. I read you multiple times a day.
Yes - Thank you both!!!
bh2oson aka Bill Waterson

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:02 pm

firemoose wrote:

...and I agree!
While I agree that we are tightening up on who we recruit and I think that is a very good thing just because a kid isn't committed right now doesn't mean they don't qualify? As you can tell from mine and AppGrad78's previous posts we spend a lot of time on the recruiting boards, twitter, and facebook. Open up the recruiting boards from Rivals, ESPN, Scout, and others, look at the offer boards from all the schools, and see exactly how many kids are still uncommitted. For that matter look at the commits and then look up each of them on social media. We have several of ours that are still up in the air and many kids don't decide until just before, if not on, signing day. Just because a kid is uncommitted right now doesn't mean that they have grade problems.

Should have said it in these terms....if a kid is just showing up on the recruiting boards until now grades probably play a reason.....or if he is falling off the boards they probably play a reason.

I am VERY grateful for the legwork you and '78 do and have done....i come back here regularly just to see your updates. Obviously the legwork and the connections are very good!
Go APPS!

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:11 pm

Kgfish wrote:

...and I agree!
How can you make a reckless presumption about situations you know nothing about?
If you only knew as much as you think you know.....I make the above "reckless" presumptions after spending about 35 years talking with coaches and recruiters....watching kids get on boards, and fall off. At this point in the recruiting trail most everyone has gotten their last ACT/SAT Score and the first semester GPA's are out. Numbers talk and if things do not add up kids are all the time coming up that did not enter the fray from weeks and months before and people fall to "lower" "tier" programs to D-2 and D-3 and NAIA and CC programs because they did not qualify or partially qualify.

I restated the point to firemoose and could have stated it from the start now.....BUT...I do know from what I am talking....I wish you knew me better, because then when you call me out I would treat it with some credibility.
Go APPS!

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:40 pm

asutrnr81 wrote:
Kgfish wrote:

...and I agree!
If you only knew as much as you think you know.....I make the above "reckless" presumptions after spending about 35 years talking with coaches and recruiters....watching kids get on boards, and fall off. At this point in the recruiting trail most everyone has gotten their last ACT/SAT Score and the first semester GPA's are out. Numbers talk and if things do not add up kids are all the time coming up that did not enter the fray from weeks and months before and people fall to "lower" "tier" programs to D-2 and D-3 and NAIA and CC programs because they did not qualify or partially qualify.

I restated the point to firemoose and could have stated it from the start now.....BUT...I do know from what I am talking....I wish you knew me better, because then when you call me out I would treat it with some credibility.
How about we discuss your credibility after signing day?

George Washington

terrierbob
School: Wofford

off-topic, need assistance

Unread post by terrierbob » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:27 am

Greetings, esteemed denizens of the North...

Does anyone know how to stop the $10.95 deduction from my checking account that is a remnant of my watching the WC-APP game this past Fall?
I think I got linked through the ASU athletic site, but I'm not sure.
Thanks, and enjoy Coach Woody.

This is how it appears online:

DBT CRD 12:16 01/20/13 4067JUMPTV APPALACIAN ST ATH877-9673267 FLUSCARD# 9799 (10.95)

Sorry for the intrusion.

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:28 pm

I am glad you mentioned that. I also have been getting those even though I terminated the agreement within minutes of the game ending.
Even got my bank on the phone with them a couple of months ago, but just noticed had another charge on my checking account.
If you figure out how, let me know.
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:29 pm

I thought I had gone through CBS Sports
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!

Kgfish

Re: off-topic, need assistance

Unread post by Kgfish » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:55 pm

terrierbob wrote:Greetings, esteemed denizens of the North...

Does anyone know how to stop the $10.95 deduction from my checking account that is a remnant of my watching the WC-APP game this past Fall?
I think I got linked through the ASU athletic site, but I'm not sure.
Thanks, and enjoy Coach Woody.

This is how it appears online:

DBT CRD 12:16 01/20/13 4067JUMPTV APPALACIAN ST ATH877-9673267 FLUSCARD# 9799 (10.95)

Sorry for the intrusion.
Try this link to unsubscribe from GoASU's Jump TV.

http://www.goasu.com/CreateTicket.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=21500

George Washington

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”